LG V30
Mar 1, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #2,537 of 6,140
It only states V30 but I think that's mainly because it's the only phone (I know of) that support MQA.

Hoping my Samsung phone with USB connected Dragonfly Red might work as that has MQA support on PC.

Does Tidal on V30 also now play none MQA back at correct frequency as comment above suggests it doesn't ??

If I go from my current S7 to LG V30+ based on stuff I've read, will the screen be significantly worse? I know the front camera is meant to be poor but I don't really use that anyway. I'm so close to pulling trigger on a V30+ at £509 from Wanda Mobile.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #2,544 of 6,140
This new Tidal update is looking promising. mqa_enable flag is set, lgmqa_ flags set properly & no re-sampling. Couple more things to check, but this is looking good! :)

Going on that and the fact UAPP should work soon with the built in DAC, I've just order a silver V30+. Was thinking of waiting for the V30S+ but only really thing it will have different is 6GB RAM instead of 4GB and likely remain much higher than the price I can get the V30+ from Wonda Mobile (£509).

So few of questions I'd like clarifying based on some stuff I've read on this forum.

1. I shouldn't need to do anything to get the best out of my Sen HD660S, just plug in and use the quad DAC at its best ?
  2. Still not clear on what I need to do to get my 8Ohm SE846's IEM's working best as I read something about distortion ?
  3. Only the Built-in music app (and possibly now Tidal) will play bit-perfect without messing up with scaling ?
  4. Any ETA on when UAPP is available with internal DAC support ?
  5. Can anyone who might have got the V30+ to the UK, does the built-in FM Radio function work or not ?
Look forward to seeing how it compares to Dragonfly Red and ZX300. Nothing in the S9 tempts me so decided to have a go with my first LG. Just bought their OLED TV and really happy with that so I'm hopeful.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #2,545 of 6,140
Thanks. But needs rhe impedance adapter, right?
To force the V30 into Aux simply plug in the cable first without the IEM/HP attached then attach the IEM/HP

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #2,549 of 6,140
Going on that and the fact UAPP should work soon with the built in DAC, I've just order a silver V30+. Was thinking of waiting for the V30S+ but only really thing it will have different is 6GB RAM instead of 4GB and likely remain much higher than the price I can get the V30+ from Wonda Mobile (£509).

So few of questions I'd like clarifying based on some stuff I've read on this forum.

1. I shouldn't need to do anything to get the best out of my Sen HD660S, just plug in and use the quad DAC at its best ?
  2. Still not clear on what I need to do to get my 8Ohm SE846's IEM's working best as I read something about distortion ?
  3. Only the Built-in music app (and possibly now Tidal) will play bit-perfect without messing up with scaling ?
  4. Any ETA on when UAPP is available with internal DAC support ?
  5. Can anyone who might have got the V30+ to the UK, does the built-in FM Radio function work or not ?
Look forward to seeing how it compares to Dragonfly Red and ZX300. Nothing in the S9 tempts me so decided to have a go with my first LG. Just bought their OLED TV and really happy with that so I'm hopeful.
It's a bit complicated, but you probably want to use Neutron, because that's the only player right now (including the LG music app and the new Tidal app) that can play back 44 kHz, 16 bit files without resampling. The effects of this will be more noticeable with your (8 Ohm!) SE846. More info here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/

P.S. Before people get too excited about MQA on the V30, it's worth remembering that Tidal's app still cannot stream (or offline play) 99.99% of its catalogue without resampling.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #2,550 of 6,140
It's a bit complicated, but you probably want to use Neutron, because that's the only player right now (including the LG music app and the new Tidal app) that can play back 44 kHz, 16 bit files without resampling. The effects of this will be more noticeable with your (8 Ohm!) SE846. More info here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/music-apps-tips-and-tricks-for-the-lg-v30.868978/

P.S. Before people get too excited about MQA on the V30, it's worth remembering that Tidal's app still cannot stream (or offline play) 99.99% of its catalogue without resampling.

Thanks for update. So the new Tidal update scales all 16bit 44Hz to 48Hz still ? You've confirmed?

Your link above explains everything else. I'd not seen that thread.

I'm trying the UAPP Alpha anyway so OK for streamed Tidal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back