LG V30
Oct 21, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #631 of 6,140
Of course. But being told to ****, painted as trolling for expressing a reasonable opinion, or suggesting they find another thread to post on aren't reasonable responses. They're all meant to stifle a view.

As a consumer, I'd like to have all the opinions-not just the positive ones. As a matter of fact, you can often learn more from a negative opinion.

Well, I'm certainly excited to hear a V30 configured properly. Have you heard one yet?

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #633 of 6,140
Well, I'm certainly excited to hear a V30 configured properly. Have you heard one yet?

Not yet...but from all the reviews and posters it's the best musical quality out there for a phone, and that sells me.

The V20 for cheaper argument is sound...but the shorter battery life really bugs me. But then it does have a removable battery. Decisions, decisions.

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #634 of 6,140
There comes a point when it's not "discussion" so much as someone who has decided they dislike a product and will not rest until they convince everyone else to stop liking it.

If you have decided you dislike it and you aren't going to change your mind, leave the thread. You are not benefiting anyone by staying solely to trash something that people are enjoying. This is even more true if you're speaking solely on why you decided against buying it (meaning you don't have one at all).

Discussion is awesome. No crap. We all agree there. But if your entire "discussion" is just repeating why you dislike something in a thread dedicated to it, your energy (and ours) would be far better spent if you just went into a thread of something you do like.

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #635 of 6,140
Not yet...but from all the reviews and posters it's the best musical quality out there for a phone, and that sells me.

The V20 for cheaper argument is sound...but the shorter battery life really bugs me. But then it does have a removable battery. Decisions, decisions.

Get the 20 then this time next year get the 30. I wouldnt have gotten this if I had to pay full price ($900+) buy my carrier gave me back $200 plus the stuff lg included. So basically I paid somewhere between 6-700. I can deal with that for 2-3yrs use.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #636 of 6,140

If you like removable battery, IR blaster, and independent dual and sd card slot, then V20 is very good deal right now.

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #638 of 6,140
If you like removable battery, IR blaster, and independent dual and sd card slot, then V20 is very good deal right now.
The screen on the v20 is horrible. I had the note 7 and picked it initially until i was forced to return it. I only got the v20 because it was the only choice left. The v30 screen is beautiful and the audio is better? Its a no brainer. I still miss my note 7. The benefits of the v30 out weights the note 8 so I'm not even considering it. That says a lot about the v30. I need to sell my v20 its a sprint variant. The v10 sounds better than the v20. The v10 is more dynamic, organic, and more spatial ambient. The v20 is just straightforwardly cold and clear and boring.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #639 of 6,140
The screen on the v20 is horrible. I had the note 7 and picked it initially until i was forced to return it. I only got the v20 because it was the only choice left. The v30 screen is beautiful and the audio is better? Its a no brainer. I still miss my note 7. The benefits of the v30 out weights the note 8 so I'm not even considering it. That says a lot about the v30. I need to sell my v20 its a sprint variant.

Image retention on my v10 got really bad. One of the reasons why I just skipped the 20

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #640 of 6,140
Ha ha ha another short coming of v30.

Nice marketing, but good luck finding mqa files :dt880smile:

I don't see MQA, a feature no other device offers, as a short coming. Even if services like Tidal don't offer it for mobile devices just yet.

I'd call that future proofing, not a short coming. It is defiantly better to have it now, than not at all.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #641 of 6,140
Image retention on my v10 got really bad. One of the reasons why I just skipped the 20
Yes image retention is even worse on the v20.

Oct 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #643 of 6,140
The screen on the v20 is horrible. I had the note 7 and picked it initially until i was forced to return it. I only got the v20 because it was the only choice left. The v30 screen is beautiful and the audio is better? Its a no brainer. I still miss my note 7. The benefits of the v30 out weights the note 8 so I'm not even considering it. That says a lot about the v30. I need to sell my v20 its a sprint variant. The v10 sounds better than the v20. The v10 is more dynamic, organic, and more spatial ambient. The v20 is just straightforwardly cold and clear and boring.

Eh, I'm satisfied with the display on my V20, sure it's not AMOLED, that I prefer and the colors are not as vibrant. Still I find the color temperature superior to my old cold looking G5 (on the blueish side) and fairly warm (brownish looking) Nexus 6P. My Axon 7 was somewhere in the middle and superior to both the G5 and 6P, but compared the my V20 is was still warmer (brownish).

Definitely not the best, but more than good enough for a LCD. The fantastic audio capabilities is why I got it in the first place. The V30 has it's own reported screen issues, though I doubt it would bother me unless really bad.

But I guess it a matter of your individual unite and how much certain things bother you.

The v20 also had really bad light leak coming up from the bottom.

Not mine.

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #644 of 6,140
The v20 display looks like my first lcd hd tv from 2007. The v30 looks like my 2017 oled c7

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #645 of 6,140
Eh, I'm satisfied with the display on my V20, sure it's not AMOLED, that I prefer and the colors are not as vibrant. Still I find the color temperature superior to my old cold looking G5 (on the blueish side) and fairly warm (brownish looking) Nexus 6P. My Axon 7 was somewhere in the middle and superior to both the G5 and 6P, but compared the my V20 is was still warmer (brownish).

Definitely not the best, but more than good enough for a LCD. The fantastic audio capabilities is why I got it in the first place. The V30 has it's own reported screen issues, though I doubt it would bother me unless really bad.

But I guess it a matter of your individual unite and how much certain things bother you.

Not mine.
The v20 display looks like my first lcd hd tv from 2007. The v30 looks like my 2017 oled c7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back