LG V30
Mar 27, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #2,897 of 6,140
Mar 27, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #2,898 of 6,140
Have you tried changing the Internal Audio Driver to "Original Android Driver" to see if that works?
My LG V30 doesn't seem to have that restriction and can play via phone speaker and/or bluetooth without any error message.
Mine's from T-Mobile.

I have the same phone and there was definitely a quirk going on (fix to work with no headphones). Dilegien dev has already relased a bugfix earlier today!
Capture+_2018-03-27-14-00-16.png
...to the point where 4.1.5 bugfix was JUST released earlier today..

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #2,901 of 6,140
i currently use neutron player with my V30 and isine 10's in high impediance mode and it sounds great. Does UAPP sound better if so i will certainly buy it - comments appreciated
the isines need eq to sound great so UAPP must have a good equalizer

edit: i bought UAPP so far i think neutron sounds better but maybe it just the EQ setting on neutron, i will test out tomorrow with my HEX V2 with no eq and see how it sounds

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #2,903 of 6,140
Oh UAPP 4 recognizes the DAC all right...like immediately. But therein lies a "problem": what if you just want to send audio through the phone speakers, or via bluetooth...with no headphones. By default I can't get audio to play if the Hi-Fi DAC is not enabled (gives error msg telling me to enable it, which of course you can't with that scenario). I have pretty much 100% DSD files. Does anyone know how i would disable that requirement (i.e. play through the regular Qualcomm DAC) for those non-headphone times?
The Internal Qualcomm SoC doesn't have the ability to natively decode DSD. To activate the dedicated DAC, the headphone jack must have something such as a headphone or line out cable to function. The dedicated DAC is designed to be with the 3.5mm headphone out. It serves no other purpose if not connected. Not even Bluetooth.

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #2,904 of 6,140
Jumped on board the new version of UAPP. Although the UI is not as refined as the native Tidal app to put it kindly, I can definitely live with it if it means I'm getting bit-perfect playback from all my Tidal tracks.

However on this list I've come across of MQA albums on Tidal (http://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=268318&page=1) I can see different sample rates to what is being played on my end. For example, 'Ace Frehley - Kiss' shows as 9 tracks at 96Khz and this is what's displayed on UAPP:Have I not configured it properly or is there something else I don't know about?

You would need to configure the Hi-Res Driver and select the "MQA (for LG V30)" flag/check box. Restart the player by exiting completely from the application. It should work after restarting the UAPP application.

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,907 of 6,140
You would need to configure the Hi-Res Driver and select the "MQA (for LG V30)" flag/check box. Restart the player by exiting completely from the application. It should work after restarting the UAPP application.

Also make sure you choose 'bitperfect' playback from the HiRes Audio menu. Once both of those are selected and you choose a MQA selection (like Southern Avenue), you should instantly see MQA in the status line--no reboot needed for me. Very nice Tidal Interface,,,

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #2,909 of 6,140
I've been having issue's with UAPP

1. It takes forever to manually select an MP3 file, but skips through tracks fine. Sometimes it even says "file format not supported", track is then blacked out compared to the other tracks.
2. Volume issue's when plugging in my high impedance headphones (AKG K7XX), volume is much lower, seems like "high impedance" mode was not activated. It only works when I load the stock LG player, then go back to UAPP.
3. It seems like UAPP locks in the Hi-Fi function on the V30, cause when going to even turn off and on Quad DAC and/or switching filters, nothing happens.

I purchase this App yesterday, I'm thinking I need a refund cause even Neutron doesn't give me a single problem.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #2,910 of 6,140
I've been having issue's with UAPP

1. It takes forever to manually select an MP3 file, but skips through tracks fine. Sometimes it even says "file format not supported", track is then blacked out compared to the other tracks.
2. Volume issue's when plugging in my high impedance headphones (AKG K7XX), volume is much lower, seems like "high impedance" mode was not activated. It only works when I load the stock LG player, then go back to UAPP.
3. It seems like UAPP locks in the Hi-Fi function on the V30, cause when going to even turn off and on Quad DAC and/or switching filters, nothing happens.

I purchase this App yesterday, I'm thinking I need a refund cause even Neutron doesn't give me a single problem.

Strange as Neutron gave me nothing but problems, and UAPP works perfectly! So strange! But I don't need the high impedance mode activated, so that it one less issue (I use SE846).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back