LG V30
Mar 26, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #2,884 of 6,140
I would like to know whether UAPP can make use of LG V30's Hi-Fi Quad DAC straight away from 3.5mm audio headphone connector or do we need any tricking like plugging an external adapter and then insert the headphone, that kind of thing and please let me know.Thanks

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #2,886 of 6,140
I would like to know whether UAPP can make use of LG V30's Hi-Fi Quad DAC straight away from 3.5mm audio headphone connector or do we need any tricking like plugging an external adapter and then insert the headphone, that kind of thing and please let me know.Thanks

I think that is more of an impedance issue of the phones you are attempting to connect. I have never had a issue with the SE846. Always around 28-35 max on volume...

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #2,888 of 6,140
It is my understanding that the stock LG player utilizes the Sabre DAC. The other apps on the play store downsample.
Good evening.

Since creating my own blog site about all thing audio, I haven't been really participating on this board. I conducted a review of the LG V30 recently in which it explains the audio fidelity with and without MQA. To reply to this statement, the most recent build of USB Audio Player Pro version 4.1.x utilizes the full potential of the LG V30 to the fullest including the ability to natively decode MQA via Tidal. Check it out.

Ever since the update, the true audiophile potential has been unlocked and now I have more to write about in the coming days with the LG V30.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #2,890 of 6,140
Switched from Neutron/Tidal to UAPP...the perfect player for the LG V30!
Was wondering if it is possible to also play Spotify downloads?
If so, how do I set it up to do so.

Spotify is a no. They don't allow interaction with third-party apps as far as I know. I did ask Davy@UAPP over a year ago but don't think anything has changed.

My iPhone SE/DFR combo is technically still best option for Spotify with no scaling concerns and plenty of driving power via the DFR. This doesn't get much use as I'm now 100% V30+/UAPP/Tidal streaming. I do use the Tidal App itself for offline Tidal and that at least plays the MQA files correctly too.

UAPP cannot do any offline streaming service playback. Only the service apps themselves play offline music.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #2,891 of 6,140

Oh UAPP 4 recognizes the DAC all right...like immediately. But therein lies a "problem": what if you just want to send audio through the phone speakers, or via bluetooth...with no headphones. By default I can't get audio to play if the Hi-Fi DAC is not enabled (gives error msg telling me to enable it, which of course you can't with that scenario). I have pretty much 100% DSD files. Does anyone know how i would disable that requirement (i.e. play through the regular Qualcomm DAC) for those non-headphone times?

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #2,893 of 6,140
Wow...HiBy is at it again...after the R6, now they are bringing in a KS player at only $180. That's with an ESS DAC, BT Apt-X and even balanced output! Check out the R3...
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...table-touchscreen-hi-fi-network-mu?ref=e0cbe2
Thanks for the link!

Just playing Devil's advocate here... Their R6 had quite a high output impedance. Also, this thing doesn't look all that much smaller than the V30.

The ultimate in portability looks (to me) to be Shanling's new M0:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...le-player-premier-at-canjam-singapore.875228/

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #2,894 of 6,140
Jumped on board the new version of UAPP. Although the UI is not as refined as the native Tidal app to put it kindly, I can definitely live with it if it means I'm getting bit-perfect playback from all my Tidal tracks.

However on this list I've come across of MQA albums on Tidal (http://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=268318&page=1) I can see different sample rates to what is being played on my end. For example, 'Ace Frehley - Kiss' shows as 9 tracks at 96Khz and this is what's displayed on UAPP:
Screenshot_2018-03-28-01-58-21.png
Have I not configured it properly or is there something else I don't know about?

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #2,895 of 6,140
Oh UAPP 4 recognizes the DAC all right...like immediately. But therein lies a "problem": what if you just want to send audio through the phone speakers, or via bluetooth...with no headphones. By default I can't get audio to play if the Hi-Fi DAC is not enabled (gives error msg telling me to enable it, which of course you can't with that scenario). I have pretty much 100% DSD files. Does anyone know how i would disable that requirement (i.e. play through the regular Qualcomm DAC) for those non-headphone times?

Have you tried changing the Internal Audio Driver to "Original Android Driver" to see if that works?
My LG V30 doesn't seem to have that restriction and can play via phone speaker and/or bluetooth without any error message.
Mine's from T-Mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back