LG V30
Mar 22, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #2,851 of 6,140
Ah...you are lucky enough to have picked these up before they sold to Fender and completely changed line-up :frowning2: They are a fortune now if you can even find. Is the bass on these really as impressive as they tout--what else have you compared the SQ to?

They are a bit too low ohms to drive in high-impedance mode by default but the V30 can do them justice in regular power mode?
The bass is very overpowering. Makes you sick if you're listening to it for awhile if bass is high. I have mine turned almost all the way down so it's more balanced.

The weird thing about the V30 if volume issue. I used UAPP and it fixes the volume issue. Comfortable listening volume is about 50 of 72 volume step. So I'd say the V30 can drive these well.

Mar 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,852 of 6,140
The bass is very overpowering. Makes you sick if you're listening to it for awhile if bass is high. I have mine turned almost all the way down so it's more balanced.

The weird thing about the V30 if volume issue. I used UAPP and it fixes the volume issue. Comfortable listening volume is about 50 of 72 volume step. So I'd say the V30 can drive these well.

Speaking about UAPP...I'm about to give up on Neutron to add ISO support...but I wonder if the skipping ISO issue has been fixed in UAPP? Does anyone know? Some files i just can't convert to DSF successfully for whatever reason and I'd rather play them natively...

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #2,853 of 6,140
Speaking about UAPP...I'm about to give up on Neutron to add ISO support...but I wonder if the skipping ISO issue has been fixed in UAPP? Does anyone know? Some files i just can't convert to DSF successfully for whatever reason and I'd rather play them natively...
I didn't like the Neutron UI so stopped using it.

I like UAPP because I can use it to stream Tidal.

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #2,856 of 6,140
i have bought. honestly i can´t help you about your question. on the road i listen with tidal offline. in my house or where i have wifi i listen uapp(24 or 16 bit depending on the album).seems to me(but i don´t put my hand in the fire)that uapp is better in clarity and details. when listen hi-res file show me 24 bit 48khz, output on android 48 khz

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #2,857 of 6,140
Has anyone compared Tidal native app with MQA songs vs. UAPP ?

If Tidal access directly the DAC what is the point of using UAPP for Tidal right now?

I have. I'd say MQA tracks sound same out of Tidal and UAPP, but standard 16/48 tracks are scalled to 16/44 by the V30 while they are bit perfect in UAPP.

I tend to use UAPP when on wifi but use offline Tidal when out (UAPP cant do offline Tidal).

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #2,858 of 6,140

If Tidal access directly the DAC what is the point of using UAPP for Tidal right now?

I use UAPP due to the volume control issue with the V30. People complained that they have to turn volume all the way up.

UAPP also has more functionality.

If anything I enjoy music more using UAPP + Tidal

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #2,859 of 6,140

The latest developer version of UAPP plays Tidal's MQA tracks back through the internal DAC in an identical manner to that of the new Tidal app.

Because the Tidal app still cannot play regular 44/16 FLAC back through the V30's DAC without re-sampling. Tidal's MQA catalogue is expanding very rapidly (so rapidly, I'm actually suspicious of whether the process is legit, especially considering the lack of high-frequency content in most of these files). However, the majority of what you'll listen to on Tidal is still NOT in MQA format, and the dev version of UAPP sounds better on those tracks because it doesn't re-sample.

On the flip side, UAPP cannot store Tidal content for offline playback. I don't understand the technicalities and politics behind this, but according to the UAPP dev, it would require explicit permission from Tidal for them to do this.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,860 of 6,140
How / where can we get / request Dev version of UAPP?

The latest developer version of UAPP plays Tidal's MQA tracks back through the internal DAC in an identical manner to that of the new Tidal app.

Because the Tidal app still cannot play regular 44/16 FLAC back through the V30's DAC without re-sampling. Tidal's MQA catalogue is expanding very rapidly (so rapidly, I'm actually suspicious of whether the process is legit, especially considering the lack of high-frequency content in most of these files). However, the majority of what you'll listen to on Tidal is still NOT in MQA format, and the dev version of UAPP sounds better on those tracks because it doesn't re-sample.

On the flip side, UAPP cannot store Tidal content for offline playback. I don't understand the technicalities and politics behind this, but according to the UAPP dev, it would require explicit permission from Tidal for them to do this.

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #2,865 of 6,140
Thanks! Just contacted and they are not accepting new testers as they are now confident it works with V30. Expected official release is within a few days!
Just been chatting with Davy who develops it and yes, looks like official release is very soon. Sure everyone will appreciate the improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back