LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Sep 8, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #1,066 of 1,179
No real mention of how it actually sounds though.

Sep 12, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #1,067 of 1,179
Decided to get the V10 since I have been using Motorola phones for a while. Not too impressed with the Nexus 6 but I really do not carry my headphones out too much. However I decided to get a V10 for $230. Hoping I will be pleased since I use PowerAmp as a music player.

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,068 of 1,179
firstly i want to say sorry for the noob question i am going to ask i am looking forward to buying an lg v10 but i dont have knowledge or technical aspect of sound quality  like high gain low gain , i prefer listening to song on iem like senheiser cx400 or soundmagic e10 without tinkering much setting during my travel so my question is if i listen to 320 kbps song using these iems on stock music player or poweramp alpha will these sound noticbly  good or i will able to hear noticable difference from iphone or ipad or they sound same

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,069 of 1,179
  firstly i want to say sorry for the noob question i am going to ask i am looking forward to buying an lg v10 but i dont have knowledge or technical aspect of sound quality  like high gain low gain , i prefer listening to song on iem like senheiser cx400 or soundmagic e10 without tinkering much setting during my travel so my question is if i listen to 320 kbps song using these iems on stock music player or poweramp alpha will these sound noticbly  good or i will able to hear noticable difference from iphone or ipad or they sound same

Perfectly good question.

With those IEMs I don't think you'll pick a huge difference between phones, but I can't say for sure as I haven't compared them. Once you have your V10, I think you'd find the best way of improving your listening experience would be an IEM upgrade, perhaps an outing when you have your new phone. 

There will be plenty of V10 owners who could suggest IEMs for various budgets.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,071 of 1,179
Just picked up a a pair of Marshall Monitors cheap from Costco, and for the first time I'm really wishing the gain was selectable. They're only 42 ohms, and Aux mode is not quite loud enough for some really quiet hi res files I have. Did anyone come out with a workaround for this yet? Or do I have to root the phone?

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,073 of 1,179
What is the best music player for Lg V10 in term of sound quality? As I know, some of the best one are stock player, Neutron, Onkyo HF Player, Poweramp, Foobar.

Black Player has adjustable gain, good EQ and no ads. It works fine for my non-streaming use on my HTC10.

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,074 of 1,179
please can anyone check normal iems like senheiser creative or soundmagic and let me know the result 

I use vsonic vsd3 iems for portable listening, and the v10 powers them awesomely. Music is loud amd clean from both spotify 320kbps and my own personal lossless flac files. The headphones are only 40 ohms, but the phone should be able to drive any headphones with similar impedances just fine!

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #1,075 of 1,179
Have any of you had the chance to listen to the Alcatel One Touch IDOL 3? Outstanding SQ man. Unknown DAC, but some colaboration with JBL and Harmon Technology. I no longer have the V10, so take this with a grain of salt, but SQ seems to be as good (using VIPER4Android driver). Or maybe more immersive, remembers SONY ZX1 in tonality.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #1,076 of 1,179
Have any of you had the chance to listen to the Alcatel One Touch IDOL 3? Outstanding SQ man. Unknown DAC, but some colaboration with JBL and Harmon Technology. I no longer have the V10, so take this with a grain of salt, but SQ seems to be as good (using VIPER4Android driver). Or maybe more immersive, remembers SONY ZX1 in tonality.

As good or possibly better than the v10? That would be quite the feat condidering that the dac/amp is the main reason I purchased the v10. And that phone is quite a good budget option too. I will have to try it at the soonest opportunity.

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,078 of 1,179
The v10 also powers my hd 558's with ease, with a comfortable volume being about half and they hurt at high volumes. These are also only 50 ohms, but the soumd is still pretty impresive for a phone.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,080 of 1,179
As good or possibly better than the v10? That would be quite the feat condidering that the dac/amp is the main reason I purchased the v10. And that phone is quite a good budget option too. I will have to try it at the soonest opportunity.

I doubt it's better and I don't trust my memory after so much time. But that I like it as much as I liked the V10, that's for sure. The sound is more immersive though, but this is due to some "magic" JBL effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back