LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Feb 22, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #94 of 633
  MF, thanks for the pics.

I made my order (or pre-order, or whatever you want to call it) as well.
The waiting game begins... 

:p

Ha, I knew it would only be a matter of time, lol

Feb 22, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #95 of 633

No... but it looks like this:

The strap on my own modded T50rp is literally an old broken belt that I cut up.

Feb 22, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #97 of 633
Feb 22, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #98 of 633
LFF has been using elastic suspension headbands since the original Paradox, and in my opinion they offer superior comfort compared to fixed headbands. I'd go so far as to say the Paradox is one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.

The swatch of leather with studs is the latest iteration. It can also be found on the newer Paradox Slants, and when I tried them a while ago I thought it offered the same level of comfort without curling in on itself as the older version had a tendency to do. 

So yes, above all else it's meant to be functional. Reports from the Bay Area meet suggest the Enigma is indeed quite comfortable and actually not that heavy at all despite the solid wood cups. As a result of this I suspect folks will be too busy enjoying the headphones on their heads to really stare at them for extended periods of time, but if the aesthetic of the headband bothers you that much (and I do get the importance of aesthetics), you can easily replace it with something you prefer or---from the looks of it---remove it altogether and just use the top band like on the Paradox.

Feb 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #99 of 633
need another closed can like a hole in the head but gotta say these have got me interested. like the look too - suji finish is way cool.

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #101 of 633
i read thru the 7 pages...2 pages on wargames...n some small fotos.
Now Wolftan...where is YOUR FOTO, i wanna see how that SPider/ENIGMA sits on you :p
We need mugshots...left...centre...right..ok..and enuf lightings pls. 
biggrin.gif

Held back getting the AD...no go on the SPIDER...cant afford LX..or LC or some alphabets...
now to wait for the scoresheets on this. ")

Are the drivers angled? the pads?

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #103 of 633
I have to agree with MuppetFace, my Paradox to date is by far the most comfortable headphone I've ever worn. For me, if in means I have to sacrifice some aesthetics to get comfort on par or better then the Paradox then so be it.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #104 of 633
Everybody here understands the importance of comfort and performance over aesthetics, but it's simple enough to change up the suspension strap to not look like a riveted belt that's been chopped 90 degrees on either side.

Considering the aesthetic quality of the wooden housing and metal framing on the headband, the 'belt' just sticks out like a sore thumb.  It's not so much to ask to refine your design by making a simple change-- especially for something of which I assume will cost a pretty penny, given the price of the regular Paradox packages.

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #105 of 633
Not to knock this matter...when i first sighted the foto, i tot the top headband was made from some cut up rubber tyre...being v honest here..or the foto was not the best.

For home use, aesthetics only last a few secs...those polished wood cups like d7000 give me nightmares ..one scratch n the value dropssssssss.
i actually taped up those cups. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back