LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Feb 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #76 of 633
Doable, but if you are dueling, it would be a big pain to switch your charm inventory every time you needed to pick up your body... not to mention that def rating is probably the least useful defensive tool...

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #77 of 633
  Doable, but if you are dueling, it would be a big pain to switch your charm inventory every time you needed to pick up your body... not to mention that def rating is probably the least useful defensive tool...

I suppose for some hybrid assassin builds you don't need much str, but all conventional caster builds using Enigma will also be using the shield (and that shield will be a Monarch base, whether it be for Spirit rw or as a Stormshield), and most melee Enigma builds will have enough str anyhow.

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #78 of 633
  I suppose for some hybrid assassin builds you don't need much str, but all conventional caster builds using Enigma will also be using the shield (and that shield will be a Monarch base, whether it be for Spirit rw or as a Stormshield), and most melee Enigma builds will have enough str anyhow.

Yup, bingo. I'm a trap/hybrid assassin kind of guy
cool.gif
 (though I use Gothic Plate on them cause of the sweet look). I use MP Enigma on paladins for the most part since they don't use/need the 156 Monarch str req. COA also has a big str requirement which makes Argon preferred.

Oh, man. I really wanna play D2 now!

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #79 of 633

Yup, bingo. I'm a trap/hybrid assassin kind of guy
cool.gif
 (though I use Gothic Plate on them cause of the sweet look). I use MP Enigma on paladins for the most part since they don't use/need the 156 Monarch str req. COA also has a big str requirement which makes Argon preferred.

Oh, man. I really wanna play D2 now!

Eh HOZ still needs 89 str, and actually gives 20 str; Archon Plate needs 103 str. So for Hammerdin builds that use HOZ, Archon is still the best.

There's a ton of reasons why Archon Plate is the most preferred base for end-game Enigma, it's just the perfect fit both in terms of str requirement and max defense/durability.

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #80 of 633
  First post has been updated with some pictures of the different finishes, as well as the first Enigma built in "Suji."

Thanks for that photo. The Enigma looks much better in this photo! Seems very well constructed and sturdy, with those chrome metal hinges screwed to the wooden cups.

How are the ear pads attached to the ear cups? Looks like they were somewhat stretched and fit around their base/mounting ring.

Do they come with that case? More pics of it when you can, please. 
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #81 of 633
Has Tyll been sent a pair?

The design looks ugly and like it weighs a ton but if they sound good and are comfortable then I'm not bothered. I'm more interested in clarity and a decently close to neutral frequency response.

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #82 of 633
  Eh HOZ still needs 89 str, and actually gives 20 str; Archon Plate needs 103 str. So for Hammerdin builds that use HOZ, Archon is still the best.

There's a ton of reasons why Archon Plate is the most preferred base for end-game Enigma, it's just the perfect fit both in terms of str requirement and max defense/durability.

Agree to disagree. 25 base strength + torch + anni = MP requirement. Then the strength from the Enigma will let you put on the rest of your gear (even an up'd HOZ with a 132 requirement) without ever adding points to strength. I'd rather save points for vitality than to get the extra 300 def (which, again, is rather pointless anyway considering chance to block, FHR, DR, and resistances are more important most of the time).

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #83 of 633
I'll be part of the first five. My pair will be on loan to both CEE TEE and QuestHate for impressions.

If anyone here is a fan of the original Paradox, this is a perfectly complementary can. I absolutely loved the sound signature and the handmade vibe. Can't wait to get my pair and post more thorough impressions.

Edit: spent the whole day listening to Ella Fitzgerald on my Paradox cans. I can't wait.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #84 of 633

The design looks ugly and like it weighs a ton but if they sound good and are comfortable then I'm not bothered. I'm more interested in clarity and a decently close to neutral frequency response.

No.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #85 of 633

If you are looking for close to neutral freq look towards the original Paradox or even the Slants. 

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #86 of 633
MF, thanks for the pics.

I made my order (or pre-order, or whatever you want to call it) as well.
The waiting game begins... 

:p

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #87 of 633
I just can't get over the suspension strap that looks like a cut-up belt.  I don't understand its aesthetic considering the amount of time and effort put into the wood housings and everything else.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #88 of 633
  I just can't get over the suspension strap that looks like a cut-up belt.  I don't understand its aesthetic considering the amount of time and effort put into the wood housings and everything else.

Me neither. I hear LFF makes quality mods, but the headband is a real buzzkill. It looks so thin ,and looks like it could snap after a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back