Leckerton Audio UHA-4 VS. Headstage Arrow 3g; A Comparison. MOBILE DEVICE WARNING
May 6, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #77 of 155
With an avatar like that, this review of yours is bound to be a cracker, uglimus !

Seriously, I've made my next amp purchase really simple - I'm just going to buy the amp that looks the cutest, and I havent seen anything from Leckerton that fits that bill :wink:

May 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #78 of 155

Quote:
Seriously, I've made my next amp purchase really simple - I'm just going to buy the amp that looks the cutest, and I havent seen anything from Leckerton that fits that bill :wink:

Cute

tongue.gif

May 6, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #79 of 155
I know - very punny, right ? While I dont mind the aesthetics of those (rather large) amps, my current favourite portables based purely on looks are:

1. Headamp Pico (the original)
2. TTVJ Slim

Given that Nr 1 is available in a light blue finish similar to my 6G Nano, and they are identically priced, I can see the funds leaving my account very soon. Sure, sonics are important, but buying amps based on the cute factor really narrows the field.

May 8, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #80 of 155

Damn, that is one of the most blatant cases of threadjacking I've ever seen!

Some people need a slim profile, hence the UHA-4. I personally think the UHA-6 is equally genius, but not as pocket friendly, not everyone wants to carry a stack around.... and $80 is a significant price difference.
Quote:
Scratch the UHA-4, spend the extra money and get the UHA-6.  it's well worth it.  Look for my review.

May 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #81 of 155

Quote:
Damn, that is one of the most blatant cases of threadjacking I've ever seen!

Some people need a slim profile, hence the UHA-4. I personally think the UHA-6 is equally genius, but not as pocket friendly, not everyone wants to carry a stack around.... and $80 is a significant price difference.

You haven't seen anything yet.  =p

May 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #82 of 155

Quote:
I know - very punny, right ? While I dont mind the aesthetics of those (rather large) amps, my current favourite portables based purely on looks are:

2. TTVJ Slim

Given that Nr 1 is available in a light blue finish similar to my 6G Nano, and they are identically priced, I can see the funds leaving my account very soon. Sure, sonics are important, but buying amps based on the cute factor really narrows the field.

The TTVJ Slim's LED changes color based on the amount of volume, that alone should be worth the price. As an added bonus, it also acts as a portable amplifier!

May 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #83 of 155
Nice review Blasto! Can you just turn the dynamic normalizer 'on' on the Sony X and pair it with the arrow on the gain 1, cross 1, bass 1 and imp 1 settings? My dt880 ohms are singing like they never did before, best sound I have heard!! Normally dynamic normalizer is not good with the um3x but really something special with the dt880s. Smooth detailed highs, very thight bass and wide coherent soundstage from them. I am not sure how similar are hd650 to the dt880 but I think it is worth trying. I cannot go back to sflo:2- arrow-um3x( still very good but full size headphone experience is different )..

May 10, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #84 of 155
^^OK, are you using a LOD, or a 3.5 mini cable out the headphone jack? any eq or clearaudio settings enabled? Please tell me your exact settings and I'll copy them with my '05 250 Ohm DT880's...

Quote:
Quote:

2. TTVJ Slim

The TTVJ Slim's LED changes color based on the amount of volume, that alone should be worth the price. As an added bonus, it also acts as a portable amplifier!

TTVJ slim seems very solid, was thinking of buying one myself, but having purchased the Leckerton, it seems pointless (I'd love to compare those two, the TTVJ slim +DAC is twice the price)...
If "Cute" is what you are looking for go to the apple store and have fun, Head-Fi is about SQ baby!

May 10, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #87 of 155
Quote:
^^OK, are you using a LOD, or
a 3.5 mini cable out the
headphone jack? any eq or
clearaudio settings enabled?
Please tell me your exact
settings and I'll copy them with my '05 250 Ohm DT880's...

Yes I am using Fiio L5 lod with the Sony. All the settings in Sony are off other than the dynamic normalizer. Sony X's batery needs recharging now and I put the sflo:2 in its place and the sound is too harsh through the dt880s. Thanks..

May 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #88 of 155

Quote:
I think I'm finding Head-fi to be more fanatical worship at the altar of consumerism than anything else these days!

Astute observation for someone who's only been here two months.

May 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #90 of 155
More of an ironic or even hypocritical observation considering the expensive sports-car avatar which could be considered an even higher pinnacle of consumeristic worship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back