Leckerton Audio UHA-4 VS. Headstage Arrow 3g; A Comparison. MOBILE DEVICE WARNING
May 10, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #91 of 155

Quote:
More of an ironic or even hypocritical observation considering the expensive sports-car avatar which could be considered an even higher pinnacle of consumeristic worship.

Hey!  Leave the 458 out of it!  That's pure sex, art and physics in one package.  How dare you!  I'm not even really a Ferrari fan.  >.<

May 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #92 of 155
Hmmm someone in the UHA-4 page said there was some "tin" in the UHA-4..... sorry I'm not hearing it, no tin in the arrow either, in fact all my amps are pretty tin free...

May 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #93 of 155
Now, now - he might be one of our 'long time dreamer, first time sports car buyer' friends   :wink:

Seriously, there is an acorn of truth in any criticism of Head-Fi as a sales tool. We whip ourselves into a frenzy over various gadgets, often doing the work of various amp and headphone manufacturers for them - particularly ironic when several of those same folk are notoriously poor communicators. Unanswered emails from folk who have already made payments, websites that look like they were thrown together as part of a student project - the list goes on. 

End of the day, it is what it is - if you or I end up with a drawer full of discarded electronic toys, no-one held a gun to our heads.

May 10, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #94 of 155
I use all my equipment, anything that doesn't get used I usually give away.

May 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #95 of 155
I would be more than happy to help relieve you of all that superfluous equipment
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #96 of 155

Quote:
More of an ironic or even hypocritical observation considering the expensive sports-car avatar which could be considered an even higher pinnacle of consumeristic worship.

Ah grokit, you really cut deep! But alas, your vociferous investigations have yielded erroneous conclusions
wink_face.gif
. That was merely the picture I had to hand when creating my account outside of choosing a stock pic, and it's actually an in game "photo" I shot with various filters in the game known as Gran Turismo 5. It is a very pretty car, but not an item I endeavour to possess, in fact I do not own any cars at all and conduct the vast majority of my journeys via public transport (with my portable rig naturally
normal_smile%20.gif
).

May 11, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #97 of 155
Cool, I have the Prologue version of that. Is GT5 worth the upgrade?

May 11, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #98 of 155
If you're a fan of prologue, you won't be disappointed with GT5, the menu and the UI is a bit wacky, but the driving mechanics are great. People were a bit upset there weren't more premium cars, but at the current price you can get the game at, its a bargain.

May 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #99 of 155

Quote:
but the driving mechanics are great.

Actually I think it's worse than GT4.  I was very disappointed.  It's less simulator and more video game to me now.

May 11, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #100 of 155
I still prefer GT3, I liked that arcade goodness. Currently into the Motorstorm series on the PS3, and Speed Racer on the Wii.

Oh yeah the UHA-4, I would like to give it a listen sometime.

May 15, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #101 of 155
^ Go to a meet,
Even with the price increase, if the price was $200 when I bought mine I still would have bought it, and it is still worth it, but I have a feeling until Japan is running at full capacity, prices are gonna be a problem for a while...

May 15, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #102 of 155

Quote:
^ Go to a meet,
Even with the price increase, if the price was $200 when I bought mine I still would have bought it, and it is still worth it, but I have a feeling until Japan is running at full capacity, prices are gonna be a problem for a while...

And when I posted words to that effect a few weeks back, I was given a serve for not having any documentary proof. The same people who believe devoutly in cable burn-in refuse to accept that a major natural disaster in Japan would impact the price of electronics - and people wonder why I drink.

May 16, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #104 of 155

Quote:
And when I posted words to that effect a few weeks back, I was given a serve for not having any documentary proof. The same people who believe devoutly in cable burn-in refuse to accept that a major natural disaster in Japan would impact the price of electronics - and people wonder why I drink.

Why do you drink?

May 16, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #105 of 155
companies don't need an actual price increase on their end to justify raising their prices, they just need an excuse , look at the oil companies, unrest in the middle east, a tanker sinks, etc, and suddenly gas prices go up!

But in Leckerton Audio's case I think that it might have also been an introductory price, If it had not sounded better (IME WME TME) than the Arrow, would the price be higher now? I don't want to think that this comparison would have that sort of effect, because I pissed off Robert at headstage, apparently some people cancelled their orders (NOT COOL!) The arrow is still an awesome amp, can't beat that polished appearance and sleek design. That and the arrow has Juice. But those HD650s sang on the UHA-4 and the ER6s sounded better too, but the HD650s were more noticeable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back