1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Leckerton Audio UHA-4 VS. Headstage Arrow 3g; A Comparison. MOBILE DEVICE WARNING

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next

Last
  1. lee730
    If you are worried about driving power, spend a little more and get the UHA6 the sister of the UHA4. They have the exact same sound quality output. But with the UHA6 you can roll the op amps and the driving power is much stronger than that of the UHA4. The UHA4 is quite powerful as is in my opinion. It drives my Denon 5000s with authority.

Quote:

2. Anaxilus

Quote:

Beg to differ just a bit.  The UHA6 is a better amp.  Far cleaner, better noise floor and more detail and separation IMO.  

3. lee730

Quote:

Don't they have the same stock op amp? Far cleaner actually sounds quite nice as the UHA4 is nice as is. My main qualm though is the size. Not into carrying something that big around with me lol. Probably make people think I'm carrying a bomb.

4. Mad Max

Quote:

Or more likely, one of those old bricks of sorts, or just some general bulky electronic.

5. Anaxilus
    The op amp isn't everything.  That's just one part of an amp.  I've tried both with the same op amp.

6. Mad Max
    A better circuit will give better sound, even if using the same opamp.

7. lee730

Quote:

Do you prefer your UHA6 to the arrow?

8. Anaxilus

Quote:

Pure sound?  Yup, for sure.

UHA4 v. Arrow 4G is a completely different debate to have though.

9. lee730
    Do you have the arrow 4g? Can we dabate on this lol like to hear you opinion on it. I've heard the UHA 120 smashes them all though, do you know if this is true?

Quote:

10. Anaxilus

Quote:

I have a 4G prototype.  I listened to the UHA6S, UHA-120 and Stepdance 1 last night w/ LCD2 r.1 and HD800.  [​IMG]  

11. lee730

Quote:

Could we get some comparisons. I was considering getting the UHA-120 as my next upgrade for a portable amp. Not sure if its worth it though. Is it better than the UHA6/arrow 4g?

12. rudi0504

Quote:
    Thank you Lee for your help
    i will order UHA 6 S.
    an you recomand which op amp shall i upgrade to get the power full impact,m very goo mid and extented high ( open , not dark sound )  
    please advise

13. lee730

Quote:

The stock op amp gives you more clarity on the mids with slight warmth. The highs are there but I wouldn't say it adds extra (maybe slightly refined) emphasis on the highs. Anaxilus would probably know of other op amps that could help. Shoot him a pm.

14. cn11

Quote:

To me the uHA-120 sounds a bit more dynamic, full, and spacious than the Arrow (I have the 3G though)... But with some phones the Arrow's mellowness can be a blessing. 

15. Anaxilus

Quote:

This is still true w/ the 4G prototype except it is no longer as mellow but more transparent now especially if you choose to use the treble settings.  

I prefer the OPA209 to the AD8610 that comes stock in the Leckertons for transparency and resolving power.  I'll have to get some other opamps some day to play around with.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Next

Last