Leckerton Audio UHA-4 VS. Headstage Arrow 3g; A Comparison. MOBILE DEVICE WARNING
Sep 25, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #151 of 155

Quote:
To me the uHA-120 sounds a bit more dynamic, full, and spacious than the Arrow (I have the 3G though)... But with some phones the Arrow's mellowness can be a blessing. 

From comparisons I've read (battlebrat) et al, the UHA4 with the stock op amp is even more mellow or (smoother) than the arrow which I'm told can be cold and piercing.

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #152 of 155

Quote:
From comparisons I've read (battlebrat) et al, the UHA4 with the stock op amp is even more mellow or (smoother) than the arrow which I'm told can be cold and piercing.

Hmmm, I don't hear the Arrow that way at all. And I've had the 1G & 3G versions. If anything, it's helped smooth out the highs of the Pro 900's nicely. When I had the ALO Rx, I thought that was rather cold sounding by comparison. The uHA-120 is colder by comparison too, but not harsh at all.

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #154 of 155

Quote:
I will put this amp on my priority list. Will have to decide what to get only after my new player comes. If only the UHA-4 could look prettier on the outside...

Relax. You need a magnifying glass to see the 'Product of California Department of Corrections' badge on the casework.  I thought it was odd that my serial number was 5150 ......

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #155 of 155

If I get another amp it probably will be the UHA6. I really do enjoy the 4s sound and if the 6 is an improvement in all areas plus allowing op amp rolling. Im all game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back