Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #827 of 1,075

Quote:
Small world.

Yeeeeeessss... have I missed something? 
smile.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #828 of 1,075

Quote:
Leckerton said they are in production now and would be ready around the end of this month. On a side note- I picked up a UHA-6S in the FS section yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. :D

Lucky bastage

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #829 of 1,075
I got my reply from Nick as well, basically the same message as others had mentioned. However, my further inquire on possible new amps model was also answered. That is, there is no current plan to replace the UHA-4 just yet, so we can expect the production to run a bit more longer.

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #830 of 1,075

Quote:
Leckertons page or mouser.  It's better to go throug Nick's page as he already sets them up on the sockets.

http://www.leckertonaudio.com/products/#adapters

SOIC-to-DIP Adapter
w/Pre-Installed Single Op-Amp

select OPA209A or whatever else from the dropdown or just send an email to Nick.  You'll need dip tool/chip extractor or the correct set of pliers, two opamps btw, one per channel.

Manual:
http://www.leckertonaudio.com/wp-content/user_guides/UHA-6S_User_Guide.pdf

Wait a sec, pardon my ignorance but are you saying Leckerton's amps are opamp rollable or does the owner have to learn how to solder? With my luck I'd probably solder my fingers, feet and family jewels to the amp?

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #831 of 1,075
Quote:
Wait a sec, pardon my ignorance but are you saying Leckerton's amps are opamp rollable or does the owner have to learn how to solder? With my luck I'd probably solder my fingers, feet and family jewels to the amp?

Only the 6 has sockets.  You'll need a steady soldering hand to swap out chips on the 4...

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #833 of 1,075

Quote:
This is why I am really tempted to buy the 6. I want to be able to roll the OP Amps for different flavors. Kinda looking for a Tubelike sound this time as well...

x2
That's a nice feature in my opinion.

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #834 of 1,075

Quote:
Kinda looking for a Tubelike sound this time as well...

Hehe, I should start a thread on what people think Tube sound is just for giggles.  If what I think you mean is what you mean then the 627s are a candidate but quite pricey.

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #835 of 1,075

Quote:
Hehe, I should start a thread on what people think Tube sound is just for giggles.  If what I think you mean is what you mean then the 627s are a candidate but quite pricey.

I've never owned a tube amp. but I've heard several very expensive tube amps (pre, power and integrated) driving even more expensive speakers, and the Head-Fi assumption that all 'tube amps' are warm and euphonic just doesn't ring true at that end of the market, at least in the somewhat large showroom they were deployed in. If anything, the sound was lighter, tighter and a bit 'too hi-fi' for my personal taste, but I doubt that the room was ideal or that I was standing the 'sweet spot'. Headphones take both of those variables out of the equation. The Marantz amps/receivers I've heard were much closer to what I'm looking for in an amp and they were 100% SS, but had the mythical warmth and euphony I was looking for. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #836 of 1,075
Tube is creature of its own. Even with similar construction, different brand of tubes can go from dry and cold to warm and veil. That's what makes tube rolling so much fun :)

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #837 of 1,075
Well looks like we finally got some of our questions answered. The UHA-4 according to Leckerton's site will be available March 30. The bad news or good depending how you want to look at it, the UHA-6 has been discontinued with no mention of a replacement and the UHA-6S has been discontinued and replaced with the UHA-6S MKII. Site only says it will be available soon and doesn't mention anything about a release date. So what do you think guys should we all start scouring the FS threads for the UHA-6S or should we all jump for joy Leckerton may have improved their product line a notch?

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #838 of 1,075
Oh man, if it sounds only as good as my UHA6S let alone better that would be so awesome.  I asked him about coax about a year ago, pretty cool.  coax and usb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back