Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Mar 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #799 of 1,075

Quote:
Really loving it paired with my Studio V. No hiss at all with the combo and the sound is amazing with Sensitive IEMs.

Ah, so you are using it via LO.  Have you heard the 801 DAC via LO as well?  How do they compare DAC wise from LO?  The 801 really needed my UHA6S desperately to sound respectable especially for the price.

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #800 of 1,075

Quote:
Ah, so you are using it via LO.  Have you heard the 801 DAC via LO as well?  How do they compare DAC wise from LO?  The 801 really needed my UHA6S desperately to sound respectable especially for the price.

No I haven't had the honor to hear the 801. I was turned off by the UI and lack of compatibility with sensitive IEMs. Having to pay an extra $200.00 for a "Game Chip" is a big no, no for such a premium item. Then again the Studio does have somewhat of a hiss issue itself but not so bad where I can't tolerate it on the go; but still it's the big soar-point when you also consider its price as well...

I opted for the ibasso DX100 to fill the 801 niche. Shes at ibasso for RMA and upgrades. You know that old adage with me and bad luck with audiophile DAPs...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #801 of 1,075

Quote:
You know that old adage with me and bad luck with audiophile DAPs...
rolleyes.gif

Yeah what's up w/ that?  Do you wear socks and drag your feet over the carpet while listening?  
tongue.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #802 of 1,075

Quote:
Yeah what's up w/ that?  Do you wear socks and drag your feet over the carpet while listening?  
tongue.gif

Not funny lol. You may have a point though I tend to generate a lot of electricity in my body. Every time before exiting my car I touch my roof so I don't shock myself. It can be surprisingly painful lol.
cool.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #803 of 1,075

Quote:
The TTVJ Slim is more tube like and colored compared to the UHA4. The UHA4 is smaller, has a better volume pot for lower volume listening without channel imbalance. The UHA4 has a very beautiful emphasis on its mid range while still remaining quite neutral, with just a hint of warmth. The UHA4 also has a DAC without extra charge while the TTVJ slim will cost you and extra $100 for that same feature.

Thanks! Was one more detailed than the other or were they about the same?

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #804 of 1,075
Its not so easy to answer that question. Someone "colored sound" could be someone's "garbage sound". For example I found certain details on my Hifiman 601 that not even the Sflo2 could portray. I find that as detail but other may find that as overemphasis and not true to the source. It all comes down to what sound you like and what you will be pairing the amps with. I'd say the TTVJ Slim is better on bright headphones/IEMs that you wanna tone down with its warm tube like sound. The UHA4 is more of a neutral amp so it should pair better across the board IMO. For IEM usage I say the UHA4 wins. Not sure about the PICO slim though but heard certain flaws such as popping on power up. Not acceptable for such an expensive amp IMO.

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #805 of 1,075
I've not had a reply from Leckerton either - I can only hope and pray there is still life in the company.  I also wanted to ask which opamp would be better suited to my Westone 3s.  

Gotta just keep hoping I guess.

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #806 of 1,075
Nick is busy with his recent move from IL to TX, but he does respond via email.  He has new products to be introduced around May/June time frame. 

What are you trying to achieve with amp and W3 combo?

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #807 of 1,075
To satisfy my curiosity mostly, but also to see if it'll hiss less than the Fiio E10 I use at the moment.  I also have a pair of Audio Technica A700s and Grado DR150s which really need amplification. The UHA4 may also be used on the go with the Westones...  I really just want to get the most out of the W3s.  Although the more sensible side of me is suggesting I get a ROCOO P instead. 

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #808 of 1,075
Are you guys still having problems getting responses from Leckerton? I just emailed them right now to see when the UHA-4's will be back in stock (it says they're out of stock, and will be back in March.)

I haven't read through all the pages in this thread, but are there any impressions regarding the different DACs int he UHA-4 and UHA-6? If there is, is there any way to have the DAC upgraded in the UHA4? I want the digital volume control for my sensitive IEM's, but my main reason for buying this would be the DAC function with my macbook (the hiss from the headphone out is driving me nuts!), so I'm more concerned with the DAC than the amp itself.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #809 of 1,075

Quote:
Are you guys still having problems getting responses from Leckerton? I just emailed them right now to see when the UHA-4's will be back in stock (it says they're out of stock, and will be back in March.)

I haven't read through all the pages in this thread, but are there any impressions regarding the different DACs int he UHA-4 and UHA-6? If there is, is there any way to have the DAC upgraded in the UHA4? I want the digital volume control for my sensitive IEM's, but my main reason for buying this would be the DAC function with my macbook (the hiss from the headphone out is driving me nuts!), so I'm more concerned with the DAC than the amp itself.

The DAC is pretty good in the UHA4. Its not as good as its amp section though. Not sure if you could ask Leckerton to use an upgraded DAC for a premium though...

Mar 20, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #810 of 1,075
I'm a little surprised that Leckerton haven't announced any new product by now - its not cast in stone that manufacturers have to churn out something new every year, but they seemed to be on a roll with the uHA-4 / 6S. Even Fiio seem to have slowed down from the 20 or so new products they released over a 4 month peiod  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back