Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Jan 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #781 of 1,075
Quote:
I read on the website of Leckerton "All new UHA-6 and UHA-6S amps now include iPad compatibility by default."
It's not ok for the UHA-4 ?

Probably not.  To work with the iPad it can't draw too much power so the 6 has a switch to turn off the charging circuit and reduce its power draw to enable iPad use.  There's probably not enough room to add that to the 4.

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #782 of 1,075
Thanks a lot MaverickRonin.
I know this post is about UHA-4 but in fact i hesitate between ATH-M50 and DT770PRO/250ohm.
I was told these cans are not for the music i listen (rock, pop-rock, triphop, classical) !
What do you think about that ?

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #783 of 1,075
Android is there any way you can listen to those cans via store or maybe friends?  The best way is really experience and hearing which sound signature you prefer.  If you have enough money, you can order both through Amazon then return the one you don't like.  =D

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #784 of 1,075
Quote:
Thanks a lot MaverickRonin.
I know this post is about UHA-4 but in fact i hesitate between ATH-M50 and DT770PRO/250ohm.
I was told these cans are not for the music i listen (rock, pop-rock, triphop, classical) !
What do you think about that ?

I've never really thought that genre was a good way to find a sound signature.  Have you heard any other decent headphones that could be used as a comparison or do you know what sort of sound you're looking for?

In areas besides sound, I think the 770s are more comfortable and have more isolation than the M50s.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #786 of 1,075
Quote:
Maverick, have you done any listening comparisons between your UHA-4 and O2?

I haven't done anything formal since I've been so busy.  The majority of my listening with each is from different sources with different headphones and usually different kinds of crossfeed too.

Given those conditions, discounting differences in features, and going from memory I'll say that they probably sound more similar than any other pair of amps I own.  At the moment that includes the Maverick D1, Practical Devices XM6, Indeed G2 Hybrid, and you can probably throw in my Cowon D2+'s headphone out too.

If I get some free time soon I'd like to try and write up some sort of comparison but I might sell some stuff before then since I'm going to downsize somewhat.  Of everything mentioned by name I'm keeping the Cowon, O2, and UHA-4 for sure but everything else could go.

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #787 of 1,075
Ah, well thanks for that.  I have one like yours with the default op amp, which I got from the Leckerton site as a B-stock.  I originally got it as it seemed to be the best compromise between size and measurements I could find.  Some discussion with Nick seemed to confirm this, and I'm of the impression he really knows his stuff.  I like the idea of the O2, but it's really too big for me to carry around, and I'm waiting for the desktop version.  If you ever have time to do a formal comparison, I'd be really interested in it.  It's my hope that they are at least very nearly indistinguishable up to a point where the Leckerton no longer has enough power to drive certain headphones.  In any case, it seems like a keeper to me.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #788 of 1,075
It's not easy for me to test headphones. I'm french but living far away... :)
I use at home Rotel Amp and Chario Speaker.
I like clear, bright, precise sound with generous bass without masking the rest of the bandwidth. I like to distinguish each instrument :)

Thanks a lot for your advise.

Quote:
I've never really thought that genre was a good way to find a sound signature.  Have you heard any other decent headphones that could be used as a comparison or do you know what sort of sound you're looking for?

In areas besides sound, I think the 770s are more comfortable and have more isolation than the M50s.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #789 of 1,075
Quote:
It's not easy for me to test headphones. I'm french but living far away... :)
I use at home Rotel Amp and Chario Speaker.
I like clear, bright, precise sound with generous bass without masking the rest of the bandwidth. I like to distinguish each instrument :)

Unfortunately speakers are just too different.for that sort of comparison to work.  I think I'm out of useful advice at the moment.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #790 of 1,075
I'ts ok, you helped me well :)
Nick answered me on various questions :)
So, the 250 ohm Beyerdynamic would work just fine with the UHA-4.
It's not ok for BeyerDynamic 600ohm because it require a significant voltage to drive them properly.

I sent two or three new questions to validate my choice:) and the shipping cost for me is 34$ :frowning2:

Quote:
Unfortunately speakers are just too different.for that sort of comparison to work.  I think I'm out of useful advice at the moment.

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #791 of 1,075

Quote:
May I have some new comparisons with the TTVJ Slim? I found I liked the slim better than the uha-120 I listened to (although that was colorful and nice). Preferably from someone who has both.

The TTVJ Slim is more tube like and colored compared to the UHA4. The UHA4 is smaller, has a better volume pot for lower volume listening without channel imbalance. The UHA4 has a very beautiful emphasis on its mid range while still remaining quite neutral, with just a hint of warmth. The UHA4 also has a DAC without extra charge while the TTVJ slim will cost you and extra $100 for that same feature.

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #792 of 1,075
has anyone compared the UHA-4 with FiiO E17 ?

I'm tempted to get a FiiO E17 for its 24bit / 96kHz DAC support: it would come handy with some hi-res stuff on my desktop PC.
Anyway since the amp usage is mainly with my S:flo2 I don't want to compromise on the sound quality of my portable setup

Mar 9, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #793 of 1,075
Bump let's try bringing this thread back to life.

anyone know when Leckerton is going to have the UHA4 back in stock? I was looking at a UHA4 and UHA6S but for the last 2 months or so everything has been out of stock. I emailed the site and so far no answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back