LEAK: SHURE SRH240, SRH440, and SRH840 headphones (and pricing) likely to be announced tomorrow! (And mini-review of SRH840.)
May 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #226 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 USD = 1 GBP ?

confused_face_2.gif
confused.gif
confused_face(1).gif
confused.gif

Not infrequently when US products reach the UK the prices are marked up to the equivalent of $1 to £1 and there was speculation earlier in the thread that this might be the case with these.

May 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #229 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who finds those "there's something very good coming up, but I won't tell you what or when, just that I know and you don't" bits kinda annoying? Like dangling a sugar cube above the nose of a dog to see it jump....

Hi Sinocelt, I apologize if it came off that way, and I can see how it could. That wasn't the spirit in which it was intended. The spirit it was intended was dangling a piece of meat, as most dogs don't jump for sugar. I keed, I keed.

Seriously, though, my intent was only to state (in response to another) the fact that there are more new products coming down the pike that are relevant to the subject matter here at Head-Fi.org, and the first posts about them might be here. Obviously, for some of these products that haven't yet been announced, not much can yet be said about them. At the time of the posting, a few of those products (that have since been announced) included Ultimate Ears' UE4 Pro, the Grado HF2, and the HiFiMAN HM-801. This year isn't up, and there's still more to come--that's not intended as sugar (or meat), that's just a fact.

Just halfway into the year, and 2009 already has more key product announcements than I can recall in any single year prior.

May 26, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #230 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Sinocelt, I apologize if it came off that way, and I can see how it could. That wasn't the spirit in which it was intended. The spirit it was intended was dangling a piece of meat, as most dogs don't jump for sugar. I keed, I keed.

Too late. I've called PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Audiophiles) and informed them of your presence at the Hilton at LAX in Los Angeles, on May 30th and 31st.

They've got a big file on you, mister. They didn't even need your last name.

Quote:

Seriously, though, my intent was only to state (in response to another) the fact that there are more new products coming down the pike that are relevant to the subject matter here at Head-Fi.org, and the first posts about them might be here. Obviously, for some of these products that haven't yet been announced, not much can yet be said about them. At the time of the posting, a few of those products (that have since been announced) included Ultimate Ears' UE4 Pro, the Grado HF2, and the HiFiMAN HM-801. This year isn't up, and there's still more to come--that's not intended as sugar (or meat), that's just a fact.

Just halfway into the year, and 2009 already has more key product announcements than I can recall in any single year prior.

*sigh* Is any of the yet unannounced products another pair of monitoring headphones? Another custom IEM? That's what I'll be needing in a year, and while I could enjoy a pair in the meantime for pleasure and leisure, I'd feel bad if something better came up before my jaw has been repaired and I can resume doing voice overs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That said, the SHURE SRH840 is currently the only closed headphone in my main rig (that isn't a custom in-ear monitor)

This caught my attention. Could you make some quick comparisons between the SRH840 and the UE4 Pro?
  • Which one is better for monitoring (which one is more neutral)?
  • Which one is more comfortable, when used in a studio?
  • Which one provides the best sound isolation?

May 26, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #231 of 431
If the SRH840 is anything like it has been described, I will certainly have to get my hands on a pair, especially at such a good price. I'm curious to see how it stacks up against other closed cans like the DT770.

May 29, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #234 of 431
SRH840 in Germany for 299 Euro.
wink.gif

Pre-ordered my from UK for 190 Euro shipped. Doubt it will be much cheaper if at all in the near future.

Can't wait to give them a try...

May 29, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #235 of 431
You're telling me you joined Head-Fi this month and nobody had yet taken the username SE530? Wow! Cool username.

Oh, and welcome to Head-Fi, of course!

May 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #236 of 431
Thanks.
wink.gif

Well, nobody used it on avsforum too and some other audio/video related communities. Lucky me, I guess. )

May 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #237 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by se530 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SRH840 in Germany for 299 Euro.
wink.gif

Pre-ordered my from UK for 190 Euro shipped. Doubt it will be much cheaper if at all in the near future.

Can't wait to give them a try...

Nice, I will probably order one from there as well...er, when will you receive them?

Not sure about the VAT as well...for 190 euro shipped, that's about 20-30 euro less than I can get them from a local store here....damn it!

May 30, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #238 of 431
Actually, I made a conversion from Swedish Kronor to Euro...i can get these for 213 Euro...which isn't that bad considering the store is located 5 min from my place. Ain't as cheap as the US though..

May 31, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #239 of 431
Has anyone got the senn hd 25 II and the 840?
I'd like to know if the SQ on the 840 is equivalent to the 25's and what the 840 does better than the 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back