LCD-X and XC Update
Jul 24, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #841 of 2,723
Foam discs taking that upper mids/lower treble forwardness edge off the new closed-backs....dialing for the 'zone'..haha.

Went back to old XCs and yes - not so forward in that region - but the suck out more noticeable below there after about 10 days with new XCs, though it did create good sound-stage layering of instruments in a way on old tuning.
Was surprised to see foam discs behind the grills of X, though I did not use that specific foam, it's that new tidier mesh at the surface under grills with the foam behind it. I guess even removing that foam behind grills would give a tiny bit more headstage and notch the treble down somewhere.

Jul 24, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #842 of 2,723
Just ordered the R2R 11 for a good price. Think its perfect Match for LCD X. Lots of Power, the 2 Dimensional Presentation is not a weakness on the LCD X because of its narrow and not far out presentation. Also you get a warm, addicted sound of it. I will post my impressions after getting and listen to it

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #843 of 2,723
Just ordered the R2R 11 for a good price. Think its perfect Match for LCD X. Lots of Power, the 2 Dimensional Presentation is not a weakness on the LCD X because of its narrow and not far out presentation. Also you get a warm, addicted sound of it. I will post my impressions after getting and listen to it

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

Jul 25, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #845 of 2,723
did anyone try it against LCD 2?
Yes, both with new pads! LCD-2f is punchier and darker. The LCD-X is a little more airy and more resolving but has less bass punch. They are similar in weight. LCD-X requires more EQ to get to harman. I wouldn’t take either of them without EQ. LCD-X is significantly easier to drive (even taking into account a few db more EQ. They are both nice however, I returned my LCD-2 to get the LCD-X and am happy with the decision as it suits all genres well while the LCD-2 is probably slightly better suited towards bass-forward music. The LCD-X gives a great sense of realism with just enough liveliness to make listening sessions engaging.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #846 of 2,723
Yes, both with new pads! LCD-2f is punchier and darker. The LCD-X is a little more airy and more resolving but has less bass punch. They are similar in weight. LCD-X requires more EQ to get to harman. I wouldn’t take either of them without EQ. LCD-X is significantly easier to drive (even taking into account a few db more EQ. They are both nice however, I returned my LCD-2 to get the LCD-X and am happy with the decision as it suits all genres well while the LCD-2 is probably slightly better suited towards bass-forward music. The LCD-X gives a great sense of realism with just enough liveliness to make listening sessions engaging.
Who’s EQ preset did you use for the LCD-X?

Jul 25, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #847 of 2,723
Who’s EQ preset did you use for the LCD-X?
Oratory1990’s. I ended up dropping the 4k area, raising the air and dropping the bass shelf by a bit over time.

Jul 25, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #849 of 2,723
Sadly there is no parametic EQ on Mac OS to apply them like APO
I use Mac OS, there are a few ways to do it actually! The “best” but also the most expensive way is using Roon. Some people also use Audirvana, But the way I’ve been doing it is using Soundsource by Rogue Amoeba and running the native AuBand EQ plugin that comes with Mac OS for garageband. You could also run Sonarworks, Audeze Reveal or other plugins and it applies them systemwide (or by application) it’s a pretty nifty little audio control.

Jul 25, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #850 of 2,723
Could you tell me a free programm and also how i do apply the eq? Mac dosent use txt file to put the numbers to it. I have only experience with APO. Could you explain me the way? I invested hours before giving up.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #851 of 2,723
Could you tell me a free programm and also how i do apply the eq? Mac dosent use txt file to put the numbers to it. I have only experience with APO. Could you explain me the way? I invested hours before giving up.
Unfortunately I don’t know of a free way to do it :frowning2: Sound Source was pretty cheap though and there is a trial period… so you can see if it’s worth it for you.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #852 of 2,723
Thats the point you dont have direct access to do that compared to windows. Its really a shame for a production computer like apple ads for that.

Im tryed also Windows 10 via Parallels Desktop (Trail Version) to get the Reveal + Plugin in to work. Came out, APO dosent support vst3 this kind of Plugin.

So i find the early Reveal (non plus) Plugin vst version (it was a hard work to find) there i know it works but this does only work with 64bit Plug Ins. But my Mac M1 is Arm. So dosent work.

Very frustrating really. Wished just itunes or a System intigrated way. But its like you get the figurehead Professional and if you look behind this you just dont find it.

Compared to Windows, Apple is so confusing in the procedures and menus. It feels like it takes you by the hand everywhere and does not give you some functions. Every time I try something seriously I have to see how I trick the operating system to find a way. It's really frustrating

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #853 of 2,723
dont revoke me please. I sold my Lcd2 F when i was buying sony ier z1r.
Why? Coz my lcd 2 was catching dust after having hd600. You may wonder why hd600 over lcd2 F!!
Hd600 series is comfortable, i can use it 24 hours a day never adjust it for comfort or weight.
Was Buying ier-z1r over lcd2 F wiser? Yeah. Coz i can carry it out with minimum effort and presentation with sony wm1a is on a league of its own. But yeah, i am planning to get a killobuck headphone now. Coz i have improved my desktop system cayin iha6 with topping d70s. Inner me wants LCD2 F back. But i am open for options now.
Joining the Totl earphone game is a gamble. I have close encounter with Um mest mk1, qdc anole vx, 64audio u12t, mest mk2 but these are endless game. Thus going to overhead route is the key now.

Jul 25, 2021 at 11:38 PM Post #854 of 2,723
dont revoke me please. I sold my Lcd2 F when i was buying sony ier z1r.
Why? Coz my lcd 2 was catching dust after having hd600. You may wonder why hd600 over lcd2 F!!
Hd600 series is comfortable, i can use it 24 hours a day never adjust it for comfort or weight.
Was Buying ier-z1r over lcd2 F wiser? Yeah. Coz i can carry it out with minimum effort and presentation with sony wm1a is on a league of its own. But yeah, i am planning to get a killobuck headphone now. Coz i have improved my desktop system cayin iha6 with topping d70s. Inner me wants LCD2 F back. But i am open for options now.
Joining the Totl earphone game is a gamble. I have close encounter with Um mest mk1, qdc anole vx, 64audio u12t, mest mk2 but these are endless game. Thus going to overhead route is the key now.
Ya you definitely have to weigh the pros and cons and find what’s right for you. For me, I just listen for an hour or two at the end of the day so the weight isn’t an issue and the sound improvements were noticeable enough to matter.
HD600s are awesome cans. And Z1Rs are great too from what I’ve heard! If weight is an issue then Audeze wouldn’t be a good option as they’re all large and heavy.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #855 of 2,723
Ya you definitely have to weigh the pros and cons and find what’s right for you. For me, I just listen for an hour or two at the end of the day so the weight isn’t an issue and the sound improvements were noticeable enough to matter.
HD600s are awesome cans. So are Z1Rs from what I’ve heard! If weight is an issue then Audeze wouldn’t be a good option as they’re all large and heavy.
I am completely with you on audeze hps. I am a fan o audeze house sound tbh. I had sine, isine20, el8 open v2, and lcd2f. With proper amping any of the can from audeze can provide a jaw dropping exp to anyone.

But,
I am a content creator who have to wear headphones like 4-5 hours while editing. So comfort is a key for me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back