LCD-X and XC Update
Dec 7, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #1,336 of 2,744
LCD-X (2020), Asgard 3, BlueDragon.

& The Black Bush? i'ts working every time youre thinking about upgrading. one shot and e happy with what you have.
Now about the old vs new X debate, those are definitely not balanced but there's something so special about them, related to spacious presentation surrounding your head.
Best!

Dec 7, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #1,337 of 2,744
A visual of my text above.

Attachments

• 51731827085_906960763d_k.jpg
    51731827085_906960763d_k.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,340 of 2,744
Unfortunately it's also quite expensive :frowning2:
Fair enough but like you’re going to buy 1200 dollar headphones, sometimes spend a similar amount on DAC/AMP and then EQ it using the most affordable software you can find?

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,342 of 2,744
Still trying to find out what’s wrong with Peace? Works great for my Ananda and expect the same for the eventual lcd-xc
Absolutely nothing is WRONG with it afaik. If you love peace then use peace! Imo makes more sense for an ananda user than an LCD-X user though. Ananda is a high-value can whereas the LCD-X is essentially a cost benchmark now at the 1200 dollar mark neither being high value or overpriced. I think if you’re seeking the best user experience you’d either go for something like Roon that manages your entire library and essentially your entire audio chain or an EQ that operates system-wide like Sonarworks. And I know people are using Peace as a systemwide EQ but it’s being run as a plugin on Equalizer APO and then you’re needing to come up with an EQ profile either blindly or by following oratory’s preset and you really need to trust the measurements and stuff. Idk, in my opinion, Sonarworks is used in studios to calibrate speakers. It’s what the artists are hearing I think they are careful with the measurements that they take and honestly, I find their presets the most life-like and neutral to my ear even compared with Oratory’s presets.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #1,343 of 2,744
Imo makes more sense for an ananda user than an LCD-X user though. Ananda is a high-value can whereas the LCD-X is essentially a cost benchmark now at the 1200 dollar mark neither being high value or overpriced.
I do believe some ‘21 lcd-xc owners would disagree with this statement

A gentleman a few posts up says he’s heard Susvara and LCD-5 and states the xc can hang with them. That’s value to me

Dec 7, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #1,344 of 2,744
If LCDX is high value than HE6 SE V2 must be a steal. Own both.

Dec 7, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #1,346 of 2,744
Dec 7, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #1,347 of 2,744
If LCDX is high value than HE6 SE V2 must be a steal. Own both.
This is the thing. It’s hard to say something is high value when there is at least one manufacturer that blows it out of the water (Hifiman) Although that deal through Adorama is not always on… also I own the LCD-X and still think it’s a good can I just think you’re paying a lot for the Audeze name, their research and innovation, and the build quality and warranty coverage. Of course, the sound quality is awesome but around the $1000 mark sound quality is a given and the improvements are less and less. Mind you I have not heard LCD-5 or LCD-4 for that matter. I think of LCD-X as a benchmark of fair price for the sound quality, build, and warranty Audeze offers. Most other cans have trade-offs. Like with Hifiman, build is dodgy and warranty is much less.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #1,349 of 2,744
am I missing something here? are you saying:

he6se v2 > ‘21 lcd-xc?
well certainly in some ways yes. If you’re looking for just “sound per dollar” then ya I think it likely tops it (if you can get it on adorama for like 800 dollars or whatever it was going for). Hot take I guess for an LCD-X thread. But I think the LCD-X 2021 offers a better experience all around because the He6 pads are a little small and hifiman build quality is… underwhelming to say the least. Now if we’re talking about He6se V2 at full price then idk probably not I’d have to A/B compare. People talk about how punchy the He6se is but in my experience once you get the EQ right you can get essentially speaker-neutral response out of an LCD-X with a good amount of bass punch.

Nobody who buys an Audeze is looking for “sound per dollar” alone though (imo). Their looking for the full experience of owning a high quality set of headphones. Where you can put them on, sit back and listen, in a new way, to your favourite music. The Audezes deliver that. This is the “magic” of high end audio to me.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #1,350 of 2,744
Fair enough but like you’re going to buy 1200 dollar headphones, sometimes spend a similar amount on DAC/AMP and then EQ it using the most affordable software you can find?
Gotta save money where you can! Everyone likes to something they can use for free! :D

I'm still considering mathEQ and even reveal+, as the cans and DAC were not cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back