LCD-2 (especially the Rev2 Driver) or HE-500??
Dec 7, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #256 of 271
Yes, I very much like them. 

If I could just find a headphone that sounds like this from the output of a smartphone, I wouldn't have any reason to gaze at speakers anymore as the portability easily outwages the lack of depth in soundstage!

I actually also find them very comfortable despite being one of the more hefty headphones out there.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #257 of 271
Great! And of course - it will get better after burn in (whatever it is)  :D
Quote:
Yes, I very much like them. 

If I could just find a headphone that sounds like this from the output of a smartphone, I wouldn't have any reason to gaze at speakers anymore as the portability easily outwages the lack of depth in soundstage!

I actually also find them very comfortable despite being one of the more hefty headphones out there.

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #258 of 271
Aww man! didn't know there was this thread...

I went and started one on the same subject too. (wif pics :wink: I must apologies.

(now if you'd all like to make your way over to mine, I've got a lovely fire burning and a glass of something warm and liquidy)
ksc75smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/639785/he500-or-lcd2-or-both-please-share-your-impressions-mini-review  

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #259 of 271
Dec 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #260 of 271
Quote:
This is inappropriate behavior. 

Forum thread stealing attempt!!!!

Ha ha, mos def!

My damn 339 just started behaiving bad on the right channel. Distorting and lowering the volyme in comparison with the left channel... Now I'm gonna have to find a service shop... Bad weekend!!

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #264 of 271
Quote:
I hear what Hifiman only good for jazz and classic, For R&B, Pop Rock better LCD 2. I most listen Vocal, Pop, Rock , R&B sometimes Electronic, Instrumental and jazz only Katie Melua. LCD 2 are not for my budged. Iam  looking for hifiman he500, LaFigaro 339, Schiit Bifrost but after same posts i dont know, becouse Ppls say this headphones for jazz and classic music i dont listen Classic, Jazz one singer very sometimes listen jazz... : (

Not really, HE500 is a great all rounder. But yes it won't play Rock or RnB as good as LCD2 or Classical like HD800

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #265 of 271
  The HE-500 will only sound harsh if it is under-powered.  For instance, I owned the Burson HA-160D prior to my current headphone amplifiers, and I did not like the HE-500.  After acquiring the LF339 and V200, it has become one of my favorite headphones.

I have read from multiple forums and asked professional reviewers what their opinions on the comfort differences were from Rev.1 to Rev.2.  The most common consensus from professional reviewers is that while it is an improvement, if you found the Rev.1 to be uncomfortable, the Rev.2 isn't suddenly going to be a dramatic change.  As I stated before, my issue with the comfort was the clamping force on the cheekbones.  Unless they completely changed the way the LCD-2 fits on your head, I believe this would still be an issue for me.

I don't doubt that the Rev.2 sounds better than the Rev.1, however I do doubt that if the Rev.1 did not synergize well with the LF339, I can see that the Rev.2 may have the same issue.  This is just my opinion, but I'm sure with more research (namely headfonia.com) you may be able to confirm this yourself.

I just ordered the HE500. I have the Burson HA-160D. So it won't sound good eh?

What other amps would anyone recommend?

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #267 of 271
Can anyone comment on how the HE-500 headphones pair up with a Violectric V200-V800 stack?

As a previous owner of this setup and a current owner of an HE-6, when the V200 and V800 are connected with balanced cables, the HE-500 sounds nearly as good as a well powered HE-6. Tonality changes from laid back to more involving, bass extension improves, and detail retrieval is at the best I've heard from the HE-500. If you're a big fan of the warm silky nature that the HE-500 is known for, this combination will take away from that a bit for a more neutral, clear presentation

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #268 of 271
Excellent thanks!   ...I finally gave up with the Sennheiser HD800s after a long love-hate relationship and have ordered some HE-500s...

Any advice for settings on the V200-V800? Gains, AC or DC offset? GND or lift? I have them connected with XLRs.

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #270 of 271
Excellent thanks!   ...I finally gave up with the Sennheiser HD800s after a long love-hate relationship and have ordered some HE-500s...

Any advice for settings on the V200-V800? Gains, AC or DC offset? GND or lift? I have them connected with XLRs.

Both of my devices were set to default gains and GND. AC and DC offset should be default as well.

IMO, the HD800 has always been a component dependent and music dependent headphone. Which is why it's lovely when listening to orchestra, classical, instrumental, or jazz... But not so lovely when listening to pop, metal, trance, hip hop, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back