LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Jan 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #2,011 of 2,398
I've never noticed with any sort of cable. My Q cable is 10 feet and I've had no issues. I actually sit right next to my player at the moment, but I want to lie in bed, or sit on the couch when I move my stuff into the living room. I have a hook on my desk that I just spool the extra cable on and it works well.

Quote:

Here's another question: How much does cable quality degrade per foot?

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #2,012 of 2,398
FWIW, I switched from the Silver Dragon, which was very good, to the Q cable and the biggest difference to me is how light and unnoticeable the Q is. I had a 15 ft Silver Dragon and found it was always tangling compared to the 12 ft Q cable. Soundwise it seems that the Q might  be a bit more open sounding with tremendous bass definition. This may also be due to the Liquid Fire settling in so nicely but it all just seems to work very well right now.

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #2,014 of 2,398
I took the budget route and ordered the toxic cable 6ft SPC cable. I post some thoughts when i get the cable. Probably next week?

Looking forward to your thoughts, nice to see someone else using this excellent cable company. Very pleased with my silver poison.

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #2,016 of 2,398
Dang, that sucks Naim. Just got my LCD-2's in today and my Norse 8-wire will be here in 2 days.

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #2,018 of 2,398
You might want to look at toxic cables as well, I love my set!

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #2,019 of 2,398
Just got the norse 8-wire in...this thing is gorgeous, to say the least. Not only is it a work of art, but it takes the build quality and sound to another level. I say sound, because the original cable that  came with the LCD-2, produced static when I twisted the end in the socket. No static at all with the twisting of the Norse. It is very flexible. I do not know whether to attribute this to it being 8 small wires, or litz twist. Trevor is a pleasure to do business with. I am rather inexperienced with after market cabling, but I must say, this has been a very positive purchase. I highly recommend.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #2,020 of 2,398
Ooooo I get to hear it at the meet. I love my Q cable, but you gotta be curious. :D

Quote:
Just got the norse 8-wire in...this thing is gorgeous, to say the least. Not only is it a work of art, but it takes the build quality and sound to another level. I say sound, because the original cable that  came with the LCD-2, produced static when I twisted the end in the socket. No static at all with the twisting of the Norse. It is very flexible. I do not know whether to attribute this to it being 8 small wires, or litz twist. Trevor is a pleasure to do business with. I am rather inexperienced with after market cabling, but I must say, this has been a very positive purchase. I highly recommend.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,021 of 2,398
Absolutely, Morbid....I've been curious about the Q cable also, as it was my second choice.

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #2,022 of 2,398
How do you find the bass on the norse 8-wire.  I just tried a 4-wire and loved the mids/highs but am hoping a 6 or 8 wire would boost the bass weight a touch.
I did not find the 4 wire to be lacking bass but I have heard the addition of conductors further improves LF weight.
Quote:

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #2,023 of 2,398
I don't really notice any change to the lower end. Just added a tad more clarity and air to the mids and highs...I really need to give the stock another listen after I have let the cans, amp and DAC (when it arrives) burn in more.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #2,024 of 2,398
Can't wait for my Norse 8 wire to arrive. I'll post some impressions after the burn in.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2,025 of 2,398
I'm really digging my Norse 4 wire.. I had to re-terminate it with a Furutech 1/4" plug as I bought from someone who had it in 4-pin balanced connector. Can't really give detailed impressions at this time as I only had about 20-25 hours of head time with my LCD-2 before then. What I can say is that it makes the cans much easier for me to listen to as the stock cable was too short. The weight adds a great deal of comfort as well. I have a Toxic silver cable waiting at home also for use with my SR-71B so at some point I can use the adapter and compare the two.

Trevor at Norse was really great to talk with, and he gave lots of good information. He had/has a few cables available at a discount if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back