LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #2,041 of 2,398
Oh, I thought you meant Qables.
biggrin.gif

se

See, its all these ruddy Q's! I think to make things easier you should re name to aardvark cables, my old brain can't take the strain anymore :D

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #2,042 of 2,398
I've heard LCD-2 via Silver Dragon's, Crystal Piccolino, and APS Voice. All were incredible. I say go with a Silver cable. Heard them with DHC too. (Which is a good cable but not for the LCD-2 rev1's imo. Sounded good with Rev 2's though).

LCD-2's need it... They're just way too dark without it. But then, the driver matching upon each headphone is very poor... The three LCD-2's we had in one room did not sound the same at all... However we all agreed we liked Silver far more than Copper on these particular headphones.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #2,043 of 2,398

Quote:
I just ordered AUDEZE LCD2-2 from Moon Audio and expecting it to reach me in 2 weeks time .
I have read thru' this forum thread to learnt that stock cable is not to the mark to bring out full potential of the LCD.

I have short listed few cable that I am considering , appreciate if you could give some advise which cable will be a good match for the Gear that i am using with LCD2.
My Gear are Violectric V-200 / Rein-Audio X-DAC or AudioLab M-DAC / Cambridge Audio ID100 as Transport for IPOD classic /ALAC files 

1. Whiplash TWag2 Cable 
2, Whiplash Sapphire Pro Cable 
3. Norse Audio 4-wired Cable
4. Moon Audio's Silver Dragon Cable 
5. Chris_himself Silver Cable 
6. Nordost Odin Cable 

also . is it better for me to have a straight 15ft cable or 5ft cable +10ft cable extension ?? reason . I would like to lie on bed to listen to music so 15ft is good for me . but separate the 15ft into two will give me flexibility but just worry about sound quality will suffer.

Thanks 
Raymond Lim 

Hi Raymond,

I've been using the X-dac + V200 + LCD-2 R1 with a straight 15ft Norse 4 Litz cable, and was absolutely great sounding. Unfortunately I can only compare it to the stock LCD-2 cable. The Xdac has left the building in the mean time, but that's another story.
I suggest reading all the impressions here in this great thread to get an idea of how each cable sounds, unless you want to buy them all and compare them for us? :wink:

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #2,044 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:
I just ordered AUDEZE LCD2-2 from Moon Audio and expecting it to reach me in 2 weeks time .
I have read thru' this forum thread to learnt that stock cable is not to the mark to bring out full potential of the LCD.

I have short listed few cable that I am considering , appreciate if you could give some advise which cable will be a good match for the Gear that i am using with LCD2.
My Gear are Violectric V-200 / Rein-Audio X-DAC or AudioLab M-DAC / Cambridge Audio ID100 as Transport for IPOD classic /ALAC files 

1. Whiplash TWag2 Cable 
2, Whiplash Sapphire Pro Cable 
3. Norse Audio 4-wired Cable
4. Moon Audio's Silver Dragon Cable 
5. Chris_himself Silver Cable 
6. Nordost Odin Cable 

also . is it better for me to have a straight 15ft cable or 5ft cable +10ft cable extension ?? reason . I would like to lie on bed to listen to music so 15ft is good for me . but separate the 15ft into two will give me flexibility but just worry about sound quality will suffer.

Thanks 
Raymond Lim 

Hi Raymond,

I've been using the X-dac + V200 + LCD-2 R1 with a straight 15ft Norse 4 Litz cable, and was absolutely great sounding. Unfortunately I can only compare it to the stock LCD-2 cable. The Xdac has left the building in the mean time, but that's another story.
I suggest reading all the impressions here in this great thread to get an idea of how each cable sounds, unless you want to buy them all and compare them for us? :wink:

Hello all , 

I have email trevor to ask few questions , I am posting this so that I may be also could from you .

1. please explain differences between Norn / Skuld / Litz cable 
2. Are these silver or copper conductor cable?

Just trying to learnt more on Norse Audio Cable to make decision between Toxic Poison Silver Cable and Silver Dragon Cable 

Many thanks
Raymond Lim 

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #2,045 of 2,398
I've heard LCD-2 via Silver Dragon's, Crystal Piccolino, and APS Voice. All were incredible. I say go with a Silver cable. Heard them with DHC too. (Which is a good cable but not for the LCD-2 rev1's imo. Sounded good with Rev 2's though).

LCD-2's need it... They're just way too dark without it. But then, the driver matching upon each headphone is very poor... The three LCD-2's we had in one room did not sound the same at all... However we all agreed we liked Silver far more than Copper on these particular headphones.

It is interesting how we all differ. I found pure silver to make the LCD's sound, well just like normal headphones, they just did not sound as interesting to me. Perhaps I prefer the dark sound and other don't. What I found with the silver gold combo of the silver poison was that the details came through more but the gold seems to help retain the smooth, creamy character of the headphones which i think are one of the reasons to get them. If I wanted flat emotionless and analytical I would have gone for the HD800's!

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #2,049 of 2,398
LOL @sridhar & Steve

Btw Steve I continue to appreciate your Quable's fine sonics and finish...I am glad to report my cat has ceased her appreciation of their - ahem - cullinary qualities.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,050 of 2,398
Raymond go with flexibility. You don´t loose much if anything by using high quality adapters. It would be if you get the adapter hanging in the air and thus adding like an anchor but if it´s 5 feet that shouldn´t happen.

Silver Dragon 3 and the Norse Audio litz both work excellent for me. Can´t find anything to complain regarding appearance of quality on either. Trevor is putting some kind of world record in customer service. Had the weirdest issue with my first Norse 4-wire cable where it was working flawless with my Rev2 but not my Rev1 where I only got sound out of the right driver. I suspect the main culprit was my Rev1 connector that for some reason would be incompatible with the neutrick HD connectors. I could switch them and still get no sound in the same driver... Trevor is getting it back to see if there is possible any wrong with it. I have used it with my Rev 2 without issue but he offered a replacement when I was just asking if he had any idea what could be happening despite mentioning how it works fine with the Rev 2. The replacement cable which I got with some hardcore switchcraft mini XLRs works great with my Rev1 but my Rev2 died before I was able to try it.  These switchcraft connectors is a fair bit longer. On the limit but it´s okay and not obstructive for use but requires a bit more care when putting them down.

I was not to impressed with the Rev2 balanced out of my NFB10SE preferred it with the nice SE adapter I also ordered but the Rev1 had much better synergy with this amp. I would say both these cables are for those that like their LCD-2 as transparent as possible rather then adding warmth or shrillness. To my ears anyway the LCD-2 sound more neutral with these over the stock which is a bit more bassy and grainy.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #2,052 of 2,398
HA HA HA!

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #2,053 of 2,398
"2. Are these silver or copper conductor cable?"

We use up-occ copper right now. 
All of our occ wire is manufactured by the well known and established Neotech. 

For your other questions I have sent you a pm. 
Quote:
Hello all , 

I have email trevor to ask few questions , I am posting this so that I may be also could from you .

1. please explain differences between Norn / Skuld / Litz cable 
2. Are these silver or copper conductor cable?

Just trying to learnt more on Norse Audio Cable to make decision between Toxic Poison Silver Cable and Silver Dragon Cable 

Many thanks
Raymond Lim 

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #2,054 of 2,398
Quote:
Don't want to get into a squabble over this quibble over "Quables," so let me just quash it right now.

se

You need to quit quabbling over this Quable/Qable quibble!  While I have no qualm, the quandry over the question of quaint names is causing the quiet contemplation of other curious queries to be quickly quashed. 
biggrin.gif

I have reached my "Q" quota in today's queue. 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #2,055 of 2,398
Just ordered the toxic silver/gold cable today. I think it might be just what the lcd3 need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back