LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Feb 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #2,026 of 2,398
I'm really digging my Norse 4 wire.. I had to re-terminate it with a Furutech 1/4" plug as I bought from someone who had it in 4-pin balanced connector. Can't really give detailed impressions at this time as I only had about 20-25 hours of head time with my LCD-2 before then. What I can say is that it makes the cans much easier for me to listen to as the stock cable was too short. The weight adds a great deal of comfort as well. I have a Toxic silver cable waiting at home also for use with my SR-71B so at some point I can use the adapter and compare the two.

Trevor at Norse was really great to talk with, and he gave lots of good information. He had/has a few cables available at a discount if anyone is interested.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #2,027 of 2,398

Quote:
I don't really notice any change to the lower end. Just added a tad more clarity and air to the mids and highs...I really need to give the stock another listen after I have let the cans, amp and DAC (when it arrives) burn in more.

You'll be amazed when you swap out the Norse for the stock cable.  You will wonder how you ever tolerated the stock.  You'll switch back to the Norn very quickly.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2,029 of 2,398
I'm really digging my Norse 4 wire.. I had to re-terminate it with a Furutech 1/4" plug as I bought from someone who had it in 4-pin balanced connector. Can't really give detailed impressions at this time as I only had about 20-25 hours of head time with my LCD-2 before then. What I can say is that it makes the cans much easier for me to listen to as the stock cable was too short. The weight adds a great deal of comfort as well. I have a Toxic silver cable waiting at home also for use with my SR-71B so at some point I can use the adapter and compare the two.

Trevor at Norse was really great to talk with, and he gave lots of good information. He had/has a few cables available at a discount if anyone is interested.

I will be very interested in your findings I know when I took my rig to a local meet and gave the opportunity to others to compare the toxic to the TWag V2 everyone thought the same as I did that the Toxic gave a more organic and enjoyable experience over the TWag.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #2,030 of 2,398

Quote:
I will be very interested in your findings I know when I took my rig to a local meet and gave the opportunity to others to compare the toxic to the TWag V2 everyone thought the same as I did that the Toxic gave a more organic and enjoyable experience over the TWag.

ian did u ever try the toxic cables 8 wire 18awg silver cable?

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #2,031 of 2,398
ian did u ever try the toxic cables 8 wire 18awg silver cable?

Sadly no, they are so thick the won't work with my Balanced termination on the SR71-B!

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,033 of 2,398
Trevor makes great cables. My old hard-style Norse cables and the new Litz cables are both very good. With the Litz cable he has taken it to a new level. Very natural sounding. Although I prefer my ALO cable ultimately, the Norse cables are a steal at their costs and should be tried out by every LCD2/3 owner.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #2,034 of 2,398
I just ordered AUDEZE LCD2-2 from Moon Audio and expecting it to reach me in 2 weeks time .
I have read thru' this forum thread to learnt that stock cable is not to the mark to bring out full potential of the LCD.

I have short listed few cable that I am considering , appreciate if you could give some advise which cable will be a good match for the Gear that i am using with LCD2.
My Gear are Violectric V-200 / Rein-Audio X-DAC or AudioLab M-DAC / Cambridge Audio ID100 as Transport for IPOD classic /ALAC files 

1. Whiplash TWag2 Cable 
2, Whiplash Sapphire Pro Cable 
3. Norse Audio 4-wired Cable
4. Moon Audio's Silver Dragon Cable 
5. Chris_himself Silver Cable 
6. Nordost Odin Cable 

also . is it better for me to have a straight 15ft cable or 5ft cable +10ft cable extension ?? reason . I would like to lie on bed to listen to music so 15ft is good for me . but separate the 15ft into two will give me flexibility but just worry about sound quality will suffer.

Thanks 
Raymond Lim 

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #2,035 of 2,398
Hi Raymond, I hope you enjoy your new headphones, I love mine. I must say from personal experience I found the TWags to deliver a tiring presentation. I was initially thrilled with the detail but it soon wore and i found tracks that I have listened to time and again become annoying to listen to with the TWag. I would encourage you also add to your list the Toxic cables silver poison, most folks here use Norse or Quables as they have been around longer, fine cables I am sure they are!

I found the toxics to bring a much more emotionally engaging sound to the picture and find they compliment the LCD's very well.As I mentioned earlier, that is not just me but a number of folks at a recent meet found that as well!

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #2,036 of 2,398

Quote:
I just ordered AUDEZE LCD2-2 from Moon Audio and expecting it to reach me in 2 weeks time .
I have read thru' this forum thread to learnt that stock cable is not to the mark to bring out full potential of the LCD.

I have short listed few cable that I am considering , appreciate if you could give some advise which cable will be a good match for the Gear that i am using with LCD2.
My Gear are Violectric V-200 / Rein-Audio X-DAC or AudioLab M-DAC / Cambridge Audio ID100 as Transport for IPOD classic /ALAC files 

1. Whiplash TWag2 Cable 
2, Whiplash Sapphire Pro Cable 
3. Norse Audio 4-wired Cable
4. Moon Audio's Silver Dragon Cable 
5. Chris_himself Silver Cable 
6. Nordost Odin Cable 

also . is it better for me to have a straight 15ft cable or 5ft cable +10ft cable extension ?? reason . I would like to lie on bed to listen to music so 15ft is good for me . but separate the 15ft into two will give me flexibility but just worry about sound quality will suffer.

Thanks 
Raymond Lim 

I'm a very big fan of Drew's Silver Dragon V.3 with the LCD-2/3s.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #2,038 of 2,398

Quote:
...most folks here use Norse or Quables as they have been around longer...

Don't want to quibble, but Quables?
biggrin.gif

se

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #2,039 of 2,398

Users who are viewing this thread

Back