LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
May 26, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #467 of 2,398

Quote:
What is "Type 2" copper?

Why, it's the one after Type 1 copper of course. Thought that should have been pretty obvious.
tongue.gif

Sorry. I should have phrased my original statement better. Type 2 refers to the litz construction, not the copper.

Type 1 litz is like regular stranded wire in that all the wires are twisted together at the same time, except the individual strands are insulated.

Type 2 litz is made up of multiple twists. In this case, eleven strands are twisted together. Then three bundles of those are twisted together. And finally five bundles of those are twisted together (11 x 3 x 5 = 165).

se

May 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #469 of 2,398

Quote:
...And how long does it take you to twist all that wire?  Don't your hands (and eyes) get tired?
evil_smiley.gif

Oh, I don't bother myself with such lowly work as that. Besides, my hands are too big and my fingers too fat.

For that work, I've got elves.

Picked 'em up real cheap back in 2001 during the big layoff at Keebler when they were bought up by Kellogg.

They can be nasty little bastards, but they work hard. And best of all, none of our labor laws cover elves.
biggrin.gif

se

May 26, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #470 of 2,398

Quote:

Oh, I don't bother myself with such lowly work as that. Besides, my hands are too big and my fingers too fat.

Picked 'em up real cheap back in 2001 during the big layoff at Keebler when they were bought up by Kellogg.

They can be nasty little bastards, but they work hard. And best of all, none of our labor laws cover elves.
biggrin.gif

se

No wonder the cookie's are'nt as good anymore, You've taken all the Elve's, damn You. Do You at least make different flavored cable's?

May 26, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #472 of 2,398

Quote:

biggrin.gif

se

LOL!
I bet you feed them Lucky Charms to keep them contented.  They wash that sown with some good Irish Stout, no doubt.

May 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #473 of 2,398

Quote:
No wonder the cookie's are'nt as good anymore, You've taken all the Elve's, damn You.

Hey, don't blame ME! It was Kellogg who laid 'em off. You know how it goes with mergers and acquisitions. Cut out the dead wood. Kellogg already had a large stable of cute animated characters so they decided to ditch a bunch of the surplus elves.

Quote:
Do You at least make different flavored cable's?

Sure. Licorice, chocolate, lemon custard and vanilla. Sprinkles are extra.
biggrin.gif

se

May 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #474 of 2,398

Quote:
LOL!
I bet you feed them Lucky Charms to keep them contented.  They wash that sown with some good Irish Stout, no doubt.

Are you kidding me? Have you priced kid's cereal lately? I could feed 'em steak for that!

I keep 'em contented by letting them know that if they don't give me any grief, I won't turn them into the INS.
biggrin.gif

se

May 26, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #475 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:
No wonder the cookie's are'nt as good anymore, You've taken all the Elve's, damn You. Do You at least make different flavored cable's? 

Why? Are you a rabbit?
tongue.gif

Easter passed, I have a different job now.

Quote:
Hey, don't blame ME! It was Kellogg who laid 'em off. You know how it goes with mergers and acquisitions. Cut out the dead wood. Kellogg already had a large stable of cute animated characters so they decided to ditch a bunch of the surplus elves.

Sure. Licorice, chocolate, lemon custard and vanilla. Sprinkles are extra.
biggrin.gif

se

I'll take the vanilla with the rainbow sprinkle's if You have, Please.

May 27, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #477 of 2,398

Thanks for the cable Steve! Only took a few days to arrive at my door XD. Sounds great out of the Tiny Tube amp/dac.

My brother borrowed my Lyr and the NFB-3 ain't gonna arrive till early June, so the Tiny Tube will have to do for now.

May 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #479 of 2,398
Another vote for the Q Cable!  Did not expect much improvement over the stock cable when I ordered it...but was pleasantly surprised!  A must have upgrade for LCD-2 owners...and at a very reasonable price too! Thanks, Steve.

May 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #480 of 2,398

Quote:
Another vote for the Q Cable!  Did not expect much improvement over the stock cable when I ordered it...but was pleasantly surprised!  A must have upgrade for LCD-2 owners...and at a very reasonable price too! Thanks, Steve.

Gah, I hate how my earpads look so horribly built when I see the other local LCD-2s
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back