1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?

First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. doctorcilantro
    What is "Type 2" copper?

thanks
    dc

2. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Why, it's the one after Type 1 copper of course. Thought that should have been pretty obvious. [​IMG]

Sorry. I should have phrased my original statement better. Type 2 refers to the litz construction, not the copper.

Type 1 litz is like regular stranded wire in that all the wires are twisted together at the same time, except the individual strands are insulated.

Type 2 litz is made up of multiple twists. In this case, eleven strands are twisted together. Then three bundles of those are twisted together. And finally five bundles of those are twisted together (11 x 3 x 5 = 165).

1-litz.gif

2-litz.gif

se

3. HK_sends
    ...And how long does it take you to twist all that wire?  Don't your hands (and eyes) get tired? [​IMG]

Cheers![​IMG]
    -HK sends

4. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Oh, I don't bother myself with such lowly work as that. Besides, my hands are too big and my fingers too fat.

For that work, I've got elves.

Picked 'em up real cheap back in 2001 during the big layoff at Keebler when they were bought up by Kellogg.

They can be nasty little bastards, but they work hard. And best of all, none of our labor laws cover elves. [​IMG]

se

5. Frankie K

Quote:

6. Permagrin

Why? Are you a rabbit? :p

7. kwkarth

Quote:

LOL!
    I bet you feed them Lucky Charms to keep them contented.  They wash that sown with some good Irish Stout, no doubt.

8. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Hey, don't blame ME! It was Kellogg who laid 'em off. You know how it goes with mergers and acquisitions. Cut out the dead wood. Kellogg already had a large stable of cute animated characters so they decided to ditch a bunch of the surplus elves.

Quote:

Sure. Licorice, chocolate, lemon custard and vanilla. Sprinkles are extra. [​IMG]

se

9. Steve Eddy

Quote:

Are you kidding me? Have you priced kid's cereal lately? I could feed 'em steak for that!

I keep 'em contented by letting them know that if they don't give me any grief, I won't turn them into the INS. [​IMG]

se

10. Frankie K

Quote:
    Easter passed, I have a different job now.

Quote:

11. HK_sends
    The Licorice Cable is excellent!  ...and I thought I didn't like licorice. [​IMG]

Cheers![​IMG]
    -HK sends

12. Snips
    DSC00269.jpg

Thanks for the cable Steve! Only took a few days to arrive at my door XD. Sounds great out of the Tiny Tube amp/dac.

My brother borrowed my Lyr and the NFB-3 ain't gonna arrive till early June, so the Tiny Tube will have to do for now.

13. HK_sends
    Good looking cable you got there...

Cheers![​IMG]
    -HK sends

14. Kachui
    Another vote for the Q Cable!  Did not expect much improvement over the stock cable when I ordered it...but was pleasantly surprised!  A must have upgrade for LCD-2 owners...and at a very reasonable price too! Thanks, Steve.

IMG_0016.jpg

15. Snips

Quote:

Gah, I hate how my earpads look so horribly built when I see the other local LCD-2s [​IMG]

First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last