LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
May 28, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #481 of 2,398

Quote:
Gah, I hate how my earpads look so horribly built when I see the other local LCD-2s
deadhorse.gif

Audez'e is offering replacement earpads for $80.  you can see them on their beta site here:

http://www.audeze.com/audeze2/catalog/4

http://www.audeze.com/audeze2/leather-earpads

It looks like the ordering button actually works.  They suggest e-mailing them and they will send video instructions on changing the pads.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

May 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #482 of 2,398
Its about time they got a better site. Its also nice to know replacement pads are available.

May 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #483 of 2,398
I got to compare the Norse Audio, Silver Dragon and Q-Audio cables at Wedge's place this weekend. The Silver Dragon was definitely the brightest and it would suit someone who needs a little more treble in their LCDs. I couldn't tell the difference between the Q-Audio and Norse however. I would give my recommendation to Norse for anyone who is on the fence just because of their pricing, styling and SQ.

May 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #484 of 2,398
I have both the new ALO Audio and Silver Dragon cables for the LCD2.  The silver dragon cable is markedly brighter and more airy on the treble end of the spectrum.  But I significantly prefer the ALO Audio cable for most of the music I listen to-- Dave Matthews Band, Phish, House/Electronica music.

May 31, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #485 of 2,398

Do you know if the Q-cable is OFC and if he offers any higher grade connectors? I can't find this information.
Quote:
I got to compare the Norse Audio, Silver Dragon and Q-Audio cables at Wedge's place this weekend. The Silver Dragon was definitely the brightest and it would suit someone who needs a little more treble in their LCDs. I couldn't tell the difference between the Q-Audio and Norse however. I would give my recommendation to Norse for anyone who is on the fence just because of their pricing, styling and SQ.

May 31, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #487 of 2,398
Hey people,

I received my Stefan Audio Art Endorphin cable today. It's the version made to connect with power amplifiers.

I have to say {redacted}, it is {redacted}, and the {redacted} are better. t's mch lghtr thn th stck cble. There isn't much to say right now, the included instructions say that the break in time is 150 hours. I wonder how it compares to the Q-cable, or the Nordost variety?

Edited by the Department of National Conspiracy for compliance with DBT regulations.

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #488 of 2,398

Quote:
Do you know if the Q-cable is OFC and if he offers any higher grade connectors? I can't find this information.

Money talks.....

Quote:
I have to say {redacted}, it is {redacted}, and the {redacted} are better. t's mch lghtr thn th stck cble.

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #489 of 2,398

Quote:
Hey people,

I received my Stefan Audio Art Endorphin cable today. It's the version made to connect with power amplifiers.

I have to say {redacted}, it is {redacted}, and the {redacted} are better. t's mch lghtr thn th stck cble. There isn't much to say right now, the included instructions say that the break in time is 150 hours. I wonder how it compares to the Q-cable, or the Nordost variety?

Edited by the Department of National Conspiracy for compliance with DBT regulations.

LOL! 
darthsmile.gif

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #490 of 2,398
On a slightly off, but related topic, I want to than Steve Eddy at Q-Audio again for his excellent customer service!  I have been very impressed with the sound of his Black Magic cable for my LCD-2s so I asked if he could build a custom mini plug-to-RCA adapter cable so I could have a good interconnect between my sound source and my Schiit Lyr amp.  I should get it in the next day or two and will post a picture.  The Black Magic cable sounds sweet to these old ears and adds to the LCD-2's "retro-steampunk-industrial" look.

Thanks Steve,
I can't wait to hear it.

*UPDATE* - Wow, it's already here and burning in.  Thanks to Q-Audio for the custom work...

Now I have Black Magic running from my source to my ears...
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

- HK sends

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #491 of 2,398
I just ordered myself a set of Q-Audio cables for my LCD-2 off another head-fi member. It will be black like yours. I would have preferred brown, but the savings helped. I am excited to get this in. I hear good things about the sound, and if nothing else I am just looking forward to its light and flexible nature.

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #492 of 2,398
Quote:
I just ordered myself a set of Q-Audio cables for my LCD-2 off another head-fi member. It will be black like yours. I would have preferred brown, but the savings helped. I am excited to get this in. I hear good things about the sound, and if nothing else I am just looking forward to its light and flexible nature.

The light weight and flexibility are definitely worth the price.  I have never seen another headphone cable that was this flexible, it literally does seem like a braided shoestring.
The excellent sound is just a bonus.
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #493 of 2,398

Still waiting for an answer, which might shed light on why this cable might be observed as so "light and flexible". Namely.... what the hell is it made of? Yes litz, but what kind of copper process is used? Dielectric?

Similar thing happened to me recently; most all turntable makers measure, however inaccurately even the the most advance software might be (Feickert?), wow and flutter. One manfacturer just does not. I don't mind subjective opinions, but I like to have an objective starting point from which I can "get oriented".

And, why am I supposed to PM someone to get what should be information available in the public domain? Do people here even know what they are buying besides a name? 

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_sends /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The light weight and flexibility are definitely worth the price.  I have never seen another headphone cable that was this flexible, it literally does seem like a braided shoestring.
The excellent sound is just a bonus.
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #494 of 2,398

Quote:
Still waiting for an answer, which might shed light on why this cable might be observed as so "light and flexible". Namely.... what the hell is it made of? Yes litz, but what kind of copper process is used? Dielectric?

It's made using Type 2 round litz wire comprised of 165 strands of 46 gauge copper wire (24 gauge equivalent) in a 5 x 3 x 11 configuration at 12 twists per inch. The copper alloy is CDA 110, otherwise known as Electrolytic Tough Pitch (ETP) copper. The individual strands are insulated with a single build solderable polyurethane enamel (NEMA MW79C) with a nominal thickness of 0.00008 inches. The litz wires are further insulated with braided cotton sleeving made using 16 carriers loaded with two end Tex 30 cotton thread.

Does that answer your questions?

se

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #495 of 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorcilantro 

*SNIP*
And, why am I supposed to PM someone to get what should be information available in the public domain? Do people here even know what they are buying besides a name?

Originally Posted by Steve Eddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's made using Type 2 round litz wire comprised of 165 strands of 46 gauge copper wire (24 gauge equivalent) in a 5 x 3 x 11 configuration at 12 twists per inch. The copper alloy is CDA 110, otherwise known as Electrolytic Tough Pitch (ETP) copper. The individual strands are insulated with a single build solderable polyurethane enamel (NEMA MW79C) with a nominal thickness of 0.00008 inches. The litz wires are further insulated with braided cotton sleeving made using 16 carriers loaded with two end Tex 30 cotton thread.

Does that answer your questions?

se

I have a question, where do the Travelocity (TM) gnomes and elves fit in? 
wink_face.gif
  Apparently, "magic" isn't a good enough answer for "doctorcilantro" and of course I am too ignorant to inquire as to what the cable consists of...
rolleyes.gif
  Wait...didn't Kwkarth post information about the cable construction earlier in this thread...perhaps (along with his recommendation) prompting me to want to try out the magic shoestring?

I look at the specs, but don't always purchase until I've read the reviews...that "forest for the trees" thing...but I guess I am just an ignorant Kool-Aid (TM) drinker who is happier than a pig in slop over a cool little cable that might or might not (according to the specs) sound better than any other cable I have heard.  I don't care if it's made of magic poo-poo powder (actually Steve, I do...no poo-poo, please), I am very happy with it.

And to clarify why I recommended a PM to Steve was to insure I didn't mis-speak the specs...going to the source, as it were
wink_face.gif
 ...like I did, before purchasing the cable.
tongue.gif

Cheers to my fellow Kool-Aid (TM) drinkers!!

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back