LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Sep 16, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #1,097 of 2,398

Quote:
I was just acting out for my wife how electron drift, skin effect and copper purity come into play.  She was amused.

Yep, I know whereof you speak.  It amuses some and bores others...  Oh, that everyone was a headphone nut and could understand...  
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #1,098 of 2,398
People have made Kimber headphone cables.  They were the first to sell the "braided cable" look.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #1,099 of 2,398
The Kimber woven speaker cable I've seen was quite stiff, much more so than similar guage headphone cables I've owned, so I am not sure how comfortable it would be. Might be interesting to try though.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #1,100 of 2,398
Yeah, it's handy that it's already an 8 wire braid.  I'd love to hear their top 8 wire silver as an Audeze cable, but the cable packs a full 9 gauge worth of wire, not sure you could fit it...perhaps their interconnect cables would be the best.  

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #1,102 of 2,398
     Quote:
Where do these aftermarket headphone cable makers get their smaller gauge braided headphone cabling? 
Or do they braid it themselves?

They buy it, or they handbraid it or have a machine do it.

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #1,104 of 2,398

Quote:
WHERE do they buy it from?  Anyone know of any suppliers where I could buy some directly from?

HERE! Be careful of others because they dont use OCC wire, which is like going to HD and buying some crappy copper wire.

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #1,105 of 2,398

Quote:
HERE! Be careful of others because they dont use OCC wire, which that is like going to HD and buying some crappy copper wire.

You don't know of what you speak.

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #1,109 of 2,398
Rumor has it Steve Eddy collects fallen meteorites found in the deserts of Arizona, New Mexico, and Mexico and then deep down in the sub basement of his home he smelts away the ancient rock until only the metals within remain. He then slowly cools them with a secret process spinning off the very top of the vat into fine hair like strands, whereupon assistants brought in from deep within the amazon jungle quickly braid the wire and spool it while facing true North.  

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #1,110 of 2,398
Rumor has it Steve Eddy collects fallen meteorites found in the deserts of Arizona, New Mexico, and Mexico and then deep down in the sub basement of his home he smelts away the ancient rock until only the metals within remain. He then slowly cools them with a secret process spinning off the very top of the vat into fine hair like strands, whereupon assistants brought in from deep within the amazon jungle quickly braid the wire and spool it while facing true North.  

Really? Wow, I wonder what kind of metal that is... Do other people kind of do these things for their cables too or only Steve Eddy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back