LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Sep 18, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #1,111 of 2,398
Must be unobtainium 
ph34r.gif

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #1,112 of 2,398
My philosophy is, if you can afford it, and it's the best upgrade for you at the time, then try it.  If you can't hear the difference with a "better" wire then don't worry about it and don't bother.  It's only worth it if it makes you happy.  Very few upgrades, historically, have made me happy.

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #1,113 of 2,398
My philosophy is, if you can afford it, and it's the best upgrade for you at the time, then try it.  If you can't hear the difference with a "better" wire then don't worry about it and don't bother.  It's only worth it if it makes you happy.  Very few upgrades, historically, have made me happy.

Nothings made me happy. I've yet to receive the JH3A and have recently refrained from getting an LCD2 rig.... I UNHAPPY

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #1,114 of 2,398

Quote:

Cough... RS Silver...cough

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #1,115 of 2,398
Quote:
What exactly is the "problem" with the so-called "crappier copper wire"?

se

Its not good enough for the "_____(where the title comes in
beerchug.gif
(maybe Audiophilia Boy or something)" .

Quote:
Rumor has it Steve Eddy collects fallen meteorites found in the deserts of Arizona, New Mexico, and Mexico and then deep down in the sub basement of his home he smelts away the ancient rock until only the metals within remain. He then slowly cools them with a secret process spinning off the very top of the vat into fine hair like strands, whereupon assistants brought in from deep within the amazon jungle quickly braid the wire and spool it while facing true North.  

Wow, nice story. It must be silver/meteorite wire with special space connectors!

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #1,119 of 2,398

Quote:
In other words, you were being sarcastic?

se

No, its like saying is a BMW (crappy copper) a Lambo (OCC copper)? Is it? Thats the difference with the two types of copper.

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #1,121 of 2,398
Sep 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #1,122 of 2,398

Quote:
No, its like saying is a BMW (crappy copper) a Lambo (OCC copper)? Is it? Thats the difference with the two types of copper.

That's utterly meaningless. Let's talk in terms of copper, not automobiles.

I ask again, what exactly is the "problem" with the so-called "crappy copper"?

If you can't provide a meaningful answer to that question, then I don't see how anyone can take your statement as being anything more than meaningless.

se

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #1,123 of 2,398
One silly question, I hope you guys can answer...

Let's suppose I want to have 2 setups:

1) Home - Lyr + DAC (unbalanced)

2) Portable - Balanced SR-71B (balanced)

If I get the Q cables I see I can finish them to 1/4, 1/8, 4-pin XLR or dual 3-pin XLR.

Can I use the same Q cable from headphones to one termination that works for both balanced/unbalanced, and from there swap from that termination (let's say XLR) to 1/4 or RSA balanced?

... or I must get 2 different cables if I want to do that?

Thanks and be gentle, I'm an absolute noob :)

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #1,124 of 2,398
Quote:

That's utterly meaningless. Let's talk in terms of copper, not automobiles.

I ask again, what exactly is the "problem" with the so-called "crappy copper"?

If you can't provide a meaningful answer to that question, then I don't see how anyone can take your statement as being anything more than meaningless.

se

Im guessing you haven't read this?

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #1,125 of 2,398
You can't go from 1/4" BACK to 4pin or 3 pin XLR.  That's because if the cable is terminated in 1/4" the ground wires for left & right are joined.  You can however go with a 4 pin XLR as the headphone cabl'es termination...then use adapters to go to 3 pin dual xlr or 1/4".  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back