Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 2, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #316 of 389
A closer view:
0F304D8D-39FA-44FD-8886-F8CB88EEE775.jpeg
[NDH-30 & this NDH-30 listener ❤️ Lavricables Grand Silver]

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #317 of 389
Lastly, I am an obvious fan of Lavricables (Grand Silver) for headphone cables and for interconnect cables.
579F0050-1FE1-494B-857C-C85820904636.jpeg
Note the custom XLR to RCA cable in front of the computer. Two other cables (RCA interconnect) not shown are currently in the system.

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #318 of 389
Lastly, I am an obvious fan of Lavricables (Grand Silver) for headphone cables and for interconnect cables. 579F0050-1FE1-494B-857C-C85820904636.jpegNote the custom XLR to RCA cable in front of the computer. Two other cables (RCA interconnect) not shown are currently in the system.
same same here grand everything!

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #320 of 389
I'm really liking the lavricables Grand with my OG Utopia. It really opens the atage and makes it holographic, cleans up the bass amd tightens it up. And the best is the bulk of the stock cable with a XLR to 4.4mm is gone.

I want to ask@lavricables if they make a Grand with MDR-Z1R termination with a shorter plug barrel as the combination of adapter plus lavri grand 3.5mm ligs result on it being too long (the adapters are long)

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #322 of 389
GRAND 30 CORE SILVER MAINS EU US POWER CABLE IMPRESSIONS

During the last month I had the chance of trying the Lavricables Grand power cable in my system.

I started the testing expecting some relatively easy A/B sessions in order to get the idea of where the cable fits in between the characteristics of the other cables I selected for my gear, but it quickly turned out that the evaluation was going to take longer than expected.

Basically, I wasn't able to identify meaningful differences with quick A/B switching from the start, so I decided to move to longer listening sessions (days), which allowed me to grasp the pairing of the Grand with the various pieces of my setup in a more consistent way, thus making subsequent comparisons easier.

In my cable loom, which I refined after a few iterations, I now use an old Shunyata Alpha HC with my DAC (Chord DAVE), Audioquest NRG-1000 for the amp, Hurricane HC for power conditioner, and Hurricane Source for my music server.

I started with the amplifier. The first impression I had it was of a more controlled, quick and tight low end, with no loss of extension. A cleaner sound with fast rise and shorter decay of notes, but still with a very satisfying roundness. Tonality was overall unchanged, where the overall snappiness / bounciness of the amp response the most peculiar modification. Rhythmic drive and PrAT were consequently improved as it was the liveliness of the presentation.

Transparency is another area where I found a benefit, which, together with the improved articulation of the notes, provided a nice sense of ease of reading into the score.

Midrange bloom and weight were comparatively a bit reduced. Overall effect on my amp was similar to what I get (although to a lesser degree) when I roll my Mullard CV491 NOS tube to my Fivre: a more dynamic and sculpted sound with more agility and less lushness.

I would say that the Lavricables Grand is a very good match for my Riviera AIC-10 amplifier.

grand-2.jpg

When I moved to my Music Server, the differences were somewhat easier to identify. In this case the Grand precision provided to the server an almost mechanical character, which I did not particularly enjoyed. Also, some dryness creeped in, sucking out a bit too much of resonance tail and complexity, thus making for example piano listening a less relaxing and enveloping experience.

On the other hand, the additional background blackness made electronic music sound spectacular, thanks to an almost holographic display of very distinct sound sources popping out of nowhere.

Finally, I tried the Grand on my DAVE and I found these two go very well together, meaning that they do very well similar things. The DAVE seemed even more three-dimensional sounding and resolving, providing an almost tactile feeling to sound images. Timing was especially compelling, toe tapping assured. For example, momentum produced by double bass sections in a jazz band, or drums kicks, or brass blasting out were exciting and involving.

Notes were lighter, and clarity improved, reminding of a sunny winter day where everything seems easy to detect and even things far away seem at an arm's length.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time with the Grand, it is extremely well built and pleasing to the eye without being flashy or intrusive, and sonically like a stream of pristine water springing from a high mountain. It is energetic, pure, transparent and refreshing, all virtues that can be exploited with synergy and personal taste in mind, as always with audio gea

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #323 of 389
Hi there. Apologies I think I made a mistake with my first attempt to reply ad deleted some of your text. I see that you have a Riveria AIC-10, and I also see from the rest of your gear that you are a much more seasoned head-fi guy than I am, so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction regarding the cables you use out there at the back of this beauty! (interconnects and power cable) Thanks in advance.

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #324 of 389
Hi there. Apologies I think I made a mistake with my first attempt to reply ad deleted some of your text. I see that you have a Riveria AIC-10, and I also see from the rest of your gear that you are a much more seasoned head-fi guy than I am, so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction regarding the cables you use out there at the back of this beauty! (interconnects and power cable) Thanks in advance.

Currently I am using Shunyata Alpha HC for power and Acrolink 7N-2090 Speciale Anniversary for RCA.

I am evaluating other options over the last several months, and so far the best I have tried in my system are Sablon Prince for power and Crystal Cable Future Dream 22 for RCA. Still haven't chosen as I am pursuing other priorities in the upgrade path.

With cables, more than other gear, everything is so dependent to system synergy and sound preferences, I find that giving and using advice about cables is a bit like playing the lottery :wink:

Dec 9, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #326 of 389
Order placed for a 3.5m long Grand in Gray color, carbon Y-Splitter, 4 core silver with both ends rhodium 3.5mm x2 and 4.4mm

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #328 of 389
What I found in my mailbox todayimage.jpg
nice I just ordered my 3rd grand power cable but v3 this time...they have all my money

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #329 of 389
The non-locking plugs are smaller in size that means I don't have any longer the problem of the blocks touching my shoulders when using the cable on my Utopia with the Double helix cables adapters

Dec 18, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #330 of 389
What I found in my mailbox today
Congratulations. I keep being amazed by the sheer quality it brings to the sound, the naturalness, control, space, details, no listening fatigue at all, etc. A very worthwhile investment; sometimes a product costs quite some money, yet still it cannot be called expensive, if you get so much improvement in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back