Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Apr 21, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #377 of 394
Thanks for the answer, but do you mean you can clearly hear better details or better soundstage or other improvements compared to the stock cable?
I haven't really noticed a soundstage improvement, my own impressions were tighter bass and a clearer (but less fatigueing oddly enough) treble. If I look at your signature I always advise people to make sure they have their dream dac+amp first and then start messing around with the subtle tweaking that is cables. Unless you know you're very sensitive to cables I think you'd get more bang for your buck in that department. Just my two cents.

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #378 of 394
I haven't really noticed a soundstage improvement, my own impressions were tighter bass and a clearer (but less fatigueing oddly enough) treble. If I look at your signature I always advise people to make sure they have their dream dac+amp first and then start messing around with the subtle tweaking that is cables. Unless you know you're very sensitive to cables I think you'd get more bang for your buck in that department. Just my two cents.
Ok, thanks. Yes I agree with you, before tweaking with cables I will likely upgrade my DAC first in the future.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #379 of 394
Would you advice to go with 8 core Grand Silver for Susvara for strictly sonical reasons, or is 4 core enough? I like the look of the 8 core, but the price, well.

Apr 24, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #380 of 394
Well, i haven't heard the 4W, but i know Wavetheory likes it in his cable review.
You can always wait (until you hear Immanis) / get a cheaper Forza cable etc...
I really like my 8W though.
Set yourself a limit for a cable and then check what is the option that you like the most.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #381 of 394
Currently have the forza noir hybrid. What improvements to expect with lavri? :)

I can get 8 core, just wondering if it’s worth the extra cost / weight sonically.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #382 of 394
I got the four cores version, I said was the only version the heart 4.4 mm lug

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #383 of 394
DSC_0202.jpegwe.jpeg

LAVRiCABLES Master Cable V4

1) Reference line. A solid silver core using a teflon jacket for (the possibility) of thwarting radio wave interference, and still AWG 24 silver with 5N purity, along with Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder.

2) Ultimate line. Different geometry and thickness, offering AWG24 in a Litz configuration along with Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder.

3) Master line. Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder, along with a thicker 5N wire, yep a thicker sonic transport device, more wire at AWG22 and different wire geometry.

4) The TOTL Grand line. The purity of 6N along with the Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder, and of course more wire and a different wire geometry. There is an enormous difference in cost building with 6N wire in contrast to 5N wire.

The AWG (American Wire Gage, sometimes called the Brown & Sharpe wire gauge) system is designed to rate wire thickness and has been used since 1857.

A LOWER AWG number indicates a THICKER wire.

As in use here the Master Cable V4 with use of 4 cores of 5N purity silver AWG22 multistrand litz wire finds itself projecting the vocals forward with the ISN EST50 in a way I have never heard before. Combining that with the HiBy R3 II was a literal walk in the park. Big harmonics, you can now hear the sliding of guitar stings and wonderful full-stage positioning. Though the difference is vocals now are projected into the light. Positioned in the perfect place to gain clarity. Silver also tightened up the bass and went ahead to increase pace.Truly the EST50 is now the best I ever heard it to be. Oh, and if you're wondering how the $179.00 little HiBy R3 II performed, well the M response somehow seems to go with this deeper bass from the EST50? I have roughly 3000 hours on the R3 II as it is one of my burn-in devices. What was surprising was this was all I needed, sure some songs were better than others, yet this style of playback actually due to stage and separation offers a fully involving experience even from poorly recorded music. The reason I’m guessing is not only the stage and separation, but the bass energy and lower midrange going and filling out thiner older recordings. Now the real crazy thing was I liked the Master Cable/EST50 combo better with the HiBy R3II than the Sony WM1A? Why? I’m not totally sure, except the bass was wonderfully striated and owned-up details such as synth and electric bass combo’s occurring at the same frequency only separated by instrument timbre.

As such we owners of the ISN EST50 have often have had a precarious love/hate relationship with the ISN EST50. And truly it is now a way different IEM than when I reviewed it. Mainly due to cable understanding and ways to fully actualize bass detail. While in use (and a sonic value) was the $69.00 Penon Vocal Cable, the Vocal did many of these same summersaults to focus the bass and extend the vocal positioning, though as many know the Vocal Cable is a colored cable and while lovable in the end, is farther from the encountered reality we are now witnessing with the Master Cable V4.

The Master V4 in this set-up comes in at $346.82, though with inclusion or exclusion of build options prices can range from $293.30 to $389.64. That may sound like a lot, but what if you had only one cable and it fully actualized the EST50? You could leave that particular cable on for life.........that is unless you found another IEM a few years down the road and wanted to do a sonic clean-up.

The way this one was ordered:
Screen Shot 2024-04-24 at 4.50.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #384 of 394
DSC_0202.jpegwe.jpeg

LAVRiCABLES Master Cable V4

1) Reference line. A solid silver core using a teflon jacket for (the possibility) of thwarting radio wave interference, and still AWG 24 silver with 5N purity, along with Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder.

2) Ultimate line. Different geometry and thickness, offering AWG24 in a Litz configuration along with Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder.

3) Master line. Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder, along with a thicker 5N wire, yep a thicker sonic transport device, more wire at AWG22 and different wire geometry.

4) The TOTL Grand line. The purity of 6N along with the Mundorf 4% fine silver audio solder, and of course more wire and a different wire geometry. There is an enormous difference in cost building with 6N wire in contrast to 5N wire.

The AWG (American Wire Gage, sometimes called the Brown & Sharpe wire gauge) system is designed to rate wire thickness and has been used since 1857.

A LOWER AWG number indicates a THICKER wire.

As in use here the Master Cable V4 with use of 4 cores of 5N purity silver AWG22 multistrand litz wire finds itself projecting the vocals forward with the ISN EST50 in a way I have never heard before. Combining that with the HiBy R3 II was a literal walk in the park. Big harmonics, you can now hear the sliding of guitar stings and wonderful full-stage positioning. Though the difference is vocals now are projected into the light. Positioned in the perfect place to gain clarity. Silver also tightened up the bass and went ahead to increase pace.Truly the EST50 is now the best I ever heard it to be. Oh, and if you're wondering how the $179.00 little HiBy R3 II performed, well the M response somehow seems to go with this deeper bass from the EST50? I have roughly 3000 hours on the R3 II as it is one of my burn-in devices. What was surprising was this was all I needed, sure some songs were better than others, yet this style of playback actually due to stage and separation offers a fully involving experience even from poorly recorded music. The reason I’m guessing is not only the stage and separation, but the bass energy and lower midrange going and filling out thiner older recordings. Now the real crazy thing was I liked the Master Cable/EST50 combo better with the HiBy R3II than the Sony WM1A? Why? I’m not totally sure, except the bass was wonderfully striated and owned-up details such as synth and electric bass combo’s occurring at the same frequency only separated by instrument timbre.

As such we owners of the ISN EST50 have often have had a precarious love/hate relationship with the ISN EST50. And truly it is now a way different IEM than when I reviewed it. Mainly due to cable understanding and ways to fully actualize bass detail. While in use (and a sonic value) was the $69.00 Penon Vocal Cable, the Vocal did many of these same summersaults to focus the bass and extend the vocal positioning, though as many know the Vocal Cable is a colored cable and while lovable in the end, is farther from the encountered reality we are now witnessing with the Master Cable V4.

The Master V4 in this set-up comes in at $346.82, though with inclusion or exclusion of build options prices can range from $293.30 to $389.64. That may sound like a lot, but what if you had only one cable and it fully actualized the EST50? You could leave that particular cable on for life.........that is unless you found another IEM a few years down the road and wanted to do a sonic clean-up.

The way this one was ordered:
how changes sound rhodium plugs vs gold plated or copper plugs with pure silver cable?what 3 plugs you got?direct im looking for lavricable how it changes sound if upgrade to iem-z1r vs stock ofc cable .

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #385 of 394
how changes sound rhodium plugs vs gold plated or copper plugs with pure silver cable?what 3 plugs you got?direct im looking for lavricable how it changes sound if upgrade to iem-z1r vs stock ofc cable .
Right, I mean you would have to order each to really learn. Though I can say the Rhodium is most-likely bright, the regular gold plug is middle, and the solid copper warmer. I like the gold plug and don't find it too pushy or flamboyant, but this is a solid silver AWG22/5N cable we are taking about. Dsnuts got the solid copper cuz he thought the regular plug may be too analytical. In my uses................well........just read my review.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lavricable-master-silver-v4.27143/reviews#review-33691

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 3.40.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #386 of 394
Any opinions on the aestethical difference between Baltic grey and transparent?

I have the choice to either get baltic grey now or wait a month for the transparent Grand line cable. My tendency is to wait for transparent but maybe the baltic grey version looks really great in person.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #388 of 394
It does, check my post in my signature or a few pages ago, i didn't want to wait, i found that to be the right choice, it looks great.
I ordered mu two cables as Baltic Grey... they seem to be a darker version of transparent?? I still can see the white ailver

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #389 of 394
I ordered mu two cables as Baltic Grey... they seem to be a darker version of transparent?? I still can see the white ailver
Do you use LAVRiCABLES pure silver with the DMP-Z1 and MDR-Z1R?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back