Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 27, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #226 of 389
Conclusion: I expect this cable to be with me and my phones for > 10 years to come, loving it.

Longer story:
Have been using the Grand Silver from Lavricables (LC from here on) for 1½ months now, so honeymoon is over. I was using a Blue Dragon cable (all copper), which has served me almost as long as I have the HD800, since 2009 or so. I am not much of a swinger, not getting new gear in often.
However a few months ago, after getting a new dac/amp I started experimenting with different cables and so it became evident that my trusted phones had much more to give and now the Blue Dragon was the limiting factor.

Hence I decided I wanted a different cable, definitely had to be Litz, thicker than 24 AWG (lower no.), no mix of materials, preferably pure silver, flexible, high quality build. So started searching and very soon LC showed up in the search results. Reading this thread and all other information I could find, the only question left for me if I was willing to invest this amount in a cable.

Well, this cable does everything I want and more. I am no reviewer, but a few notes: This Grand Silver by LC is passing through bass (full and deep if it is in the music), speed, transparancy, naturalness by not accentuating any frequency range, versatile (suited for all music and sound genres), no sibilants, minute details in bass, in the mids and in treble regions without being analytical, free of harshness, rythmic, loads of listening pleasure, emotions and it is letting the HD800 and the dac/amp shine at their very best. Did I mention micro-details in the 🎶 ?

When listening to acoustic music, for example a piano trio, I want the instruments to sound as I hear them at a concert, live music is my reference. I thought the Blue Dragon did that for me, but knowing now how much better it can be with the LC.......

Last night went back to my old cable, I started jumping to next track in the
playlist a lot. Going back to the LC and listening to the same playlist only
afterwards I became aware that I listened to every track in full, so enjoyable.

So no regrets that I have made this worthwhile investment in listening pleasure.

BTW: the dac/amp is Fiio Q7 with the PL50 linear power supply

Sep 4, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #227 of 389
I am looking at getting an Ultimate Line IEM cable and would appreciate some help.

Some images make the cables look quite supple and some make them look a bit stiff.

Can somebody give me some insight as to the suppleness and flexibility of the Ultimate Line IEM cables.

Many thanks.

Sep 4, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #228 of 389
I am looking at getting an Ultimate Line IEM cable and would appreciate some help.

Some images make the cables look quite supple and some make them look a bit stiff.

Can somebody give me some insight as to the suppleness and flexibility of the Ultimate Line IEM cables.

Many thanks.
Not stiff at all. Probably one of the most ergonomic silver cables I've used.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #230 of 389
Well that's my Grand Silver 1.5m 4 core with the best Aeco plugs ordered for my HE1000 Stealth. I greatly look forward to receiving it, running it in and hearing its excellence. 🙂.

It's been ages since I contributed to this group but I will feed back with my experience here. I am more active and known more on general larger FB audio/hifi groups where I will also leave my full experience from build quality to performance. Despite what's out there on the top end of the market it's still a lot of money for a headphone cable.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #231 of 389
Well that's my Grand Silver 1.5m 4 core with the best Aeco plugs ordered for my HE1000 Stealth. I greatly look forward to receiving it, running it in and hearing its excellence. 🙂.

It's been ages since I contributed to this group but I will feed back with my experience here. I am more active and known more on general larger FB audio/hifi groups where I will also leave my full experience from build quality to performance. Despite what's out there on the top end of the market it's still a lot of money for a headphone cable.
And still one of the best bang for bucks you can spend on audio. For me it's still scaling up in a 100+ parts chain worth of a luxury car..

Sep 6, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #233 of 389
Thanks for the reassurance @Wladimir . I generally spend a fair bit on cables throughout my system and in this case the cable cost will be over a 3rd of the cost of the headphones but the HE1000 Stealth are very revealing and can compete with sets at more than twice their price as they lately have become generously priced. As a result I expect a good match and worthwhile expense.

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #234 of 389
Thanks for the reassurance @Wladimir . I generally spend a fair bit on cables throughout my system and in this case the cable cost will be over a 3rd of the cost of the headphones but the HE1000 Stealth are very revealing and can compete with sets at more than twice their price as they lately have become generously priced. As a result I expect a good match and worthwhile expense.
Yes. I have a Grand 8 core silver on 1000 Stealth (V3) and it's amazing.

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #236 of 389
Awesome.. I didn't fancy stretching to the 8 core considering the headphone value and suspect the 4 core will do a pretty great job.
I had the 4 core... It's still amazing. Lol.
You'll be way ahead of many people with the Lavri 4 core.

Sep 6, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #238 of 389
Currently using it on HE 1000 V3 (Stealth).
Simply amazing.
IMG_20230904_073126593_HDR.jpg

Sep 6, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #239 of 389
How do you find the HE1000 Stealth vs Susvara? Also does any particular headphone show up the Lavricable Grand cable benefit more than the other ? I've heard the Susvara before but not alongside a HE1000.

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #240 of 389
The Susvara is so tonally accurate with seamless coherency throughout the entire frequency range. It doesn't add anything that shouldn't be there and is an incredible device for a realistic, natural representation of the music. But in relation to the Stealth, it can be more boring. The Stealth add some more oomph, slam, mid-range bloom, slightly more sparkle in the treble and spaciousness. All these things are slightly exaggerated which actually make it more fun to listen to. The Stealth is definitely more fun to listen to than the Susvara.
The Susvara is like a super hot chick that every time you look at her, you are in awe about what you are seeing but she may not have much of a personality. The Stealth is like the girl next door chick but is a great time to hang and party with and you just have a blast around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back