Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 18, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #211 of 386
Hahahaha! I'll have my fingers crossed for you. If you like it it half as much as I do, it'll be worth the wait.
Well, mine arrived this morning, just one day after it left Latvia! I’ll just leave a short first impression after a tiring day at work. First of all, this cable absolutely destroys the myth that silver equals bright or analytical. To me it sounds just about dead neutral, in a very good way. Highs are present, but never overbearing. Lows are full, yet never bloated, and mids are just right where they’re supposed to be. I guess the cable it comes closest to in terms of sound signature would be Moon Audio’s Blue (not Silver, which is clearly brighter!) Dragon, which is marketed as neutral. That has somewhat less bass, though, which makes the highs come across as a little airier, but with just some hints of brightness here and there, which doesn’t seem to ever happen with the Lavri Grand. (It’s not as burned in as the latter, though) More impressions to come later!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #212 of 386
Well, mine arrived this morning, just one day after it left Latvia! I’ll just leave a short first impression after a tiring day at work. First of all, this cable absolutely destroys the myth that silver equals bright or analytical. To me it sounds just about dead neutral, in a very good way. Highs are present, but never overbearing. Lows are full, yet never bloated, and mids are just right where they’re supposed to be. I guess the cable it comes closest to in terms of sound signature would be Moon Audio’s Blue (not Silver, which is clearly brighter!) Dragon, which is marketed as neutral. That has somewhat less bass, though, which makes the highs come across as a little airier, but with just some hints of brightness here and there, which doesn’t seem to ever happen with the Lavri Grand. (It’s not as burned in as the latter, though) More impressions to come later!
"First of all, this cable absolutely destroys the myth that silver equals bright or analytical."
Perfectly said.
I'm SERIOUSLY considering (oh hell, who are we kidding?...I know I'm going to do it), replacing my copper ohno ccc interconnects with the Lavri Grand.

Jul 31, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #215 of 386
A brief summary of my Lavricables Grand is now available at Headfi.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/lavricables-grand-silver-cable.26280/review/31383/
I was holding off writing a review of my own, pretty much in part because I’m lazy :smile:, but your review makes writing one of my own redundant, since yours matches my observations perfectly, at least to the point where it was possible for me, since I don’t have the highest end setup.

The most important point of your review, that perfectly echoes what I heard with my own ears, is that the Lavri Grand appears to completely get out of the way. I really feel it is like looking through a perfectly clean window to your music and audio chain, or in fact no window at all, whereas the stock cable feels like a stained window. There’s zero coloration, and probably the most evenhanded frequency response I’ve ever heard. Another cable, like the Moon Audio Black Dragon, which they advertise as best match for the Susvara, does indeed act - as advertised - as an equalizer, adding some bass, which may work with recordings that are lacking in that department, but ends up obscuring fine detail in the mids and the highs, and also obscuring spatial cues, in recordings that don’t need it. The Moon Audio Blue Dragon perhaps comes closest to the Lavri’s evenhanded neutrality, but it has a slight emphasis in the treble, which is no issue at all with warm sounding recordings, but really starts to become noticeable with more treble oriented stuff, not necessarily becoming harsh, but resulting in less body in the sound. The Forza Hybrid cannot quite compete with either of them. It sounds very nice with vocals, really making them stand out, and adding some sweetness on top of them, but at the cost of what seems like a small dip in the upper mids or lower treble, so that some fine detail is lost in that region; it’s the least evenhandedly ‘tuned’ of the cables mentioned, even though it’s clearly a less stained window on the music than the Susvara’s stock cables are.

The Lavri also, unexpectedly, influenced my preferred setting to listen to on the HifiMan EF600, which had previously settled into High gain NOS, but the Lavri made me realize that setting adds a touch of - admittedly very inviting and nice sounding! - treble gloss to everything, also setting everything to a somewhat greater distance, making some things overly spacious. I still like it for some orchestral recordings, and when I’m simply in the mood for that sound signature, but Low gain OS, which previously came off as somewhat small sounding and uninteresting/monochrome, has now become the setting where almost everything falls into place for me; full-bodied, detailed, and warm where it needs to be, and without a hint of gloss on top, yet never dull or muted. A more sophisticated setup could still add some sweetness that is juuuuuust missing a bit from the EF600, but I feel the Lavri makes it sound as good as it possibly can, which is already pretty impressive! This also means, very importantly, that I feel I can completely trust the Lavri to tell me exactly what any future DAC/amp combo actually sounds like when I audition it.

Well, it looks like I ended up writing a review of sorts after all. :smile: I just needed something to get me going!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #216 of 386
I was holding off writing a review of my own, pretty much in part because I’m lazy :smile:, but your review makes writing one of my own redundant, since yours matches my observations perfectly, at least to the point where it was possible for me, since I don’t have the highest end setup.

The most important point of your review, that perfectly echoes what I heard with my own ears, is that the Lavri Grand appears to completely get out of the way. I really feel it is like looking through a perfectly clean window to your music and audio chain, or in fact no window at all, whereas the stock cable feels like a stained window. There’s zero coloration, and probably the most evenhanded frequency response I’ve ever heard. Another cable, like the Moon Audio Black Dragon, which they advertise as best match for the Susvara, does indeed act - as advertised - as an equalizer, adding some bass, which may work with recordings that are lacking in that department, but ends up obscuring fine detail in the mids and the highs, and also obscuring spatial cues, in recordings that don’t need it. The Moon Audio Blue Dragon perhaps comes closest to the Lavri’s evenhanded neutrality, but it has a slight emphasis in the treble, which is no issue at all with warm sounding recordings, but really starts to become noticeable with more treble oriented stuff, not necessarily becoming harsh, but resulting in less body in the sound. The Forza Hybrid cannot quite compete with either of them. It sounds very nice with vocals, really making them stand out, and adding some sweetness on top of them, but at the cost of what seems like a small dip in the upper mids or lower treble, so that some fine detail is lost in that region; it’s the least evenhandedly ‘tuned’ of the cables mentioned, even though it’s clearly a less stained window on the music than the Susvara’s stock cables are.

The Lavri also, unexpectedly, influenced my preferred setting to listen to on the HifiMan EF600, which had previously settled into High gain NOS, but the Lavri made me realize that setting adds a touch of - admittedly very inviting and nice sounding! - treble gloss to everything, also setting everything to a somewhat greater distance, making some things overly spacious. I still like it for some orchestral recordings, and when I’m simply in the mood for that sound signature, but Low gain OS, which previously came off as somewhat small sounding and uninteresting/monochrome, has now become the setting where almost everything falls into place for me; full-bodied, detailed, and warm where it needs to be, and without a hint of gloss on top, yet never dull or muted. A more sophisticated setup could still add some sweetness that is juuuuuust missing a bit from the EF600, but I feel the Lavri makes it sound as good as it possibly can, which is already pretty impressive! This also means, very importantly, that I feel I can completely trust the Lavri to tell me exactly what any future DAC/amp combo actually sounds like when I audition it.

Well, it looks like I ended up writing a review of sorts after all. :smile: I just needed something to get me going!
So glad to hear you like your cable. I told ya!
To anyone reading this who may be worried getting a silver cable will make your system sound bright, this is not true with the Lavri. It is extremely natural and organic sounding with tons of detail without the brightness. It's the most enjoyable silver cable I've ever had in 27 years of high-end audio, specifically with loudspeaker systems.
I love the Grand headphone cable so much I just purchased a set of balanced XLRs. I know what's coming next... I'm going to replace my power cords with the Lavri power cords and probably the USB down the road.

Jul 31, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #217 of 386

Great, thank you for writing your impressions. Why don't you add a couple of photos and move it in the reviews showcase so everybody else can easily find it?

Aug 2, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #218 of 386
These just arrived!
B618EB1B-756D-42EB-8AF8-A9830D27DC1B.jpeg
Grand Silver 1/2-metre interconnect cables: RCA and XLR, with the 150-hour break-in !! Here we go … !!

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #219 of 386
Great, thank you for writing your impressions. Why don't you add a couple of photos and move it in the reviews showcase so everybody else can easily find it?
I’ll keep that in mind. :relaxed: I‘m noticing my assessments are still shifting, though, so I’m going to wait before pulling the trigger.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #220 of 386
These just arrived! B618EB1B-756D-42EB-8AF8-A9830D27DC1B.jpeg Grand Silver 1/2-metre interconnect cables: RCA and XLR, with the 150-hour break-in !! Here we go … !!
Beautiful! Congratulations! Please let us know how you like the sound. I was so thrilled with my Grand silver 8 core headphone cable that last week I ordered the Grand silver XLR balanced.

Aug 5, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #221 of 386
7F90FB3B-30B1-4AA1-A053-0931C0AB4DF7.jpeg

The Lavricables Grand Silver interconnect cables - RCA and XLR - between a Mojo Audio EVO Mystique DAC and a variety of hybrid, solid-state, and vacuum tube h/p/a are phenomenal. The sound is absolutely clear, direct, open; no etch, glare, harshness is added to the source sound. Now, if those are present in a recording …. ‘the emporer has no clothes on’. The rendition of ambience, attack / decay, impact, soundstage is astounding. What realism !! A wondrous achievement outright; and when the reasonable price is considered, fantastical !!

Aug 7, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #222 of 386
No new assessment on technicalities for the moment, but just reporting that I had a near out-of-body experience with my Susvara and Lavri Grand listening to Pink Floyd’s Animals (2018 remix). Never experienced it like this before! :o2smile:

Aug 7, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #223 of 386
No new assessment on technicalities for the moment, but just reporting that I had a near out-of-body experience with my Susvara and Lavri Grand listening to Pink Floyd’s Animals (2018 remix). Never experienced it like this before! :o2smile:
It's amazing, isn't it?
It's not cheap as far as headphone cables go, and it's STILL some of the best money I've ever spent in this hobby.
Worth every penny.

Aug 9, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #224 of 386
Dear Lord, how beautiful...

Just arrived. What a birthday present! Unfortunately I won't be able to listen today because my sister is taking me out for my birthday dinner. Tomorrow, my friend is taking me to another dinner.
So it looks like I won't be able to do serious listening until Friday!?!?!?!$#$&!?
Now that I have the headphone cable end XLRs, I will probably do the power cords next.
IMG_20230809_151807521_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230809_151823792_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230809_152544164_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230809_152623117_HDR.jpg

Aug 23, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #225 of 386
So looks like no one really wanted to advise me here apart from saying 'don't bother' :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/he1000-stealth-cable.969463/

But thank you to your helpful reviews and views via this thread - I'm going to get the 4 core Grand Silver for my HE1000 Stealth .. When he's/they're back from holiday!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-23-15-35-50-940_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-23-15-35-50-940_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back