HE1000 Stealth cable
Aug 22, 2023 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dmudan

Head-Fier
I'm currently using an 8 core 'Open Heart' silver(plated) cable with my Hifiman HE1000 Stealth, some great headphones I've had for less than a week (pictured). The silver cable is a good improvement over the stock cable : cleaner, more detailed and sharper. I suspect it's also bringing an element of potential typical silver nasties too in its budget form.

I would like to buy even better shortly. From what I've read a bit I'm kind of set on the Moon Audio Silver Dragon but if I can spend less and still have an equal performer I'd be happier.

It will be 3.5mm to 1/4" or 3.5 to 3.5 with an adaptor as I use it with my main hifi amp.

Any recommendations?
Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_140054.jpg
    IMG_20230821_140054.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had most of the Hifiman line and did a blind test with the Moon Audio blue dragon cable and a $25 Youkamoo balanced cable from Amazon. I couldn't tell the difference more than half the time after a few dozen tries.
I'd really recommend having a friend flip a coin when you leave the room for the same amount of time for them to swap or not. We just used a towel to conceal them. It was informal, but pretty revealing about cables when you don't have any expectations since you don't know which it is.

Aug 23, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks that's an interesting suggestion and thanks for sharing. I've found over the years with any cable of any type not everyone can hear the same differences. For example USB cables make a huge difference in streaming quality. Me and a friend have confirmed the exact same difference between two cables.

With my current headphone cable it corrected a harsh midrange failing on my Sundara and added more detail all round. It didn't strangely make much of a difference on my Ananda Stealth but to me definitely helps my HE1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back