Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 10, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #196 of 385
God, my pictures suck.
Sorry everyone. Just trying to show what they look like to anyone interested.
IMG_20230710_180610030_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230710_180535590_HDR.jpg

Jul 10, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #197 of 385
God, my pictures suck.
Sorry everyone. Just trying to show what they look like to anyone interested.IMG_20230710_180610030_HDR.jpgIMG_20230710_180535590_HDR.jpg
Your pics are just fine. Show some more. :stuck_out_tongue: The 8 core is quite a bundle, though! Is it still flexible, and not too heavy?

Jul 10, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #198 of 385
Your pics are just fine. Show some more. :stuck_out_tongue: The 8 core is quite a bundle, though! Is it still flexible, and not too heavy?
Thank you.
It's definitely heavier than the 4 core (obviously). It "wears" heavier. Just slightly though.
It still doesn't wear as heavy as the Forza Noir hybrid it's replacing. That felt like a boat's chain anchor in comparison.
Yes, it is flexible. No complaints on its stiffness.
My previous 4 core Grand had the splitter barrel. I opted for the transparent heat shrink instead. I read that someone said it had a little bit less "tug" than the barrel. Which one did you get?

To be honest, the increased weight of this cable would make the barrel's weight irrelevant I think.

Like I said, I just got the cable today but so far the added detail is astonishing. Truly astonishing. I don't perceive added brightness with the detail either. It's more than detail though, it's an increased sense of depth and a more three-dimensional presentation. In one orchestral piece I was listening to, I could more clearly see the distance between instrumentalists.
Midrange and bass are more articulate and full-bodied.
Again these are just initial impressions but, my God. Absolutely loving this cable. I think you will too!

Jul 10, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #199 of 385
My previous 4 core Grand had the splitter barrel. I opted for the transparent heat shrink instead. I read that someone said it had a little bit less "tug" than the barrel. Which one did you get?
I got the one with the transparent heat shrink, which was in fact the only option available when switching from 4 to 8 on the product page (!) It really looks like we got ourselves the exact same cable, connectors and all. Please don’t tell me yours is 1.8m in length, too. 😂

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #200 of 385
Lol.
I believe mine are 2m.

Jul 11, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #202 of 385
Ooooooooh. Interesting! I would love to see pictures.

Jul 15, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #203 of 385
Ok, after spending a few days with the Lavri Grand 8 core silver, I would like to leave some impressions...

The build is phenomenal. First rate, through and through. Coming from the 4 core, it is still flexible, which was important to me. It "wears" with no sense of being tugged on by the Susvara and when I turn my head it falls nicely into my lap. There's very little adjusting and I never really feel like it's making its presence known by its weight, if that makes sense.

The cable it's replacing is a Forza Noir Hybrid. The Forza is a wonderful cable and I've had success with other products from Forza in the past. However, going to the Lavri Grand 8 core, the proverbial veil has been lifted. I simply cannot believe how much detail and information I am hearing with this cable on albums that I know very, very well. It's almost like the Susvara just took some steroids.
I know silver has a reputation of adding brightness but definitely not in this case. All I'm hearing is more detail and overall information. It's like it's bringing out minute, subtle nuances in the background that I just never noticed before.
The tone is absolutely the most natural thing I've ever heard. The mid-range is still lush, and liquid and smooth and warm and completely not the reputation that certain silver cables give.
The attack and punch seem more dynamic with a faster decay. When called for, music starts and stops on a dime and when needed, extends to a nice long, gradual decay. Everything is more articulate and I can easily hear a difference in pitch with certain instruments that may be playing side by side. It's hard for me to explain properly but this cable just immerses me deeper into a three-dimensional space and all of this I'm describing happens without the cable overly exaggerating anything.

It's truly astonishing how much of a positive difference this cable has made. I figured I would like it, and probably leave some nice words on this thread describing how pleased I am with it but I did not think it was going to be this huge of an improvement. I'm shaking my head as I'm writing this because it just took my system to another level. I'm beyond thrilled.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #204 of 385
Another thing, This cable has me seriously considering replacing my ohno ccc interconnects with Lavri. I don't know if it's going to be too much of a good thing but as I mentioned above, I am so blown away by this headphone cable that I simply must try the Lavri XLRs.

Jul 15, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #205 of 385
@devilboy You’re making me very curious about this cable now. Mine is nearing the end of its 150-hour um… ‘tenderization’ treatment at @lavricables , so I hope to see mine arrive towards the end of this coming week. 😛

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #206 of 385
@devilboy You’re making me very curious about this cable now. Mine is nearing the end of its 150-hour um… ‘tenderization’ treatment at @lavricables , so I hope to see mine arrive towards the end of this coming week. 😛
Hahahaha! I'll have my fingers crossed for you. If you like it it half as much as I do, it'll be worth the wait.

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #207 of 385
Typically how long till delivery after placing order and 150 hour burn-in?

Jul 16, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #208 of 385
Most of the cables could be made and shipped within one week time. Usually it is few days though. As to the burn in, 150h is roughly one week time. Delivery time may vary. Registered mail takes 3-4 weeks for USA based on our experience, EMS is a bit faster option, UPS express takes 2-3 business days.

Jul 17, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #209 of 385
Here is a screenshot from a response from my post on how much I love the Lavri Grand 8 core on the Susvara thread...
Screenshot_20230717-095319.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back