Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jun 13, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #166 of 394
Mine arrived this morning and I left doing some initial burning with pink noise before I finish work. Cannot wait to try these.

IMG-3183.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #167 of 394
I should not talk until burn in, but from Susvara stock to lavri Grand both terminations in rhodium, I could inmediately perceive lot of new microdetails in tracks that I know. I will give more impressions as the Susvara needs burn in too.

Jun 19, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #169 of 394
I'm about to purchase the 8 core Grande silver for my Susvara.
Lavri told me their best 4 pin XLR is the Aeco pure copper however I only see rhodium plated and gold plated copper on their options page, not pure copper. I sent an email but haven't heard a reply yet. What are you guys using for your 4 pin XLR?

I used to have the 4 core Grande silver for my Meze Elite but sold it when I went to the Susvara. I now have a Forza Noir Hybrid but I'm itching to make the jump ($$$) to the 8 core Grande.
Does anyone have experience with both on the Susvara?

Jun 19, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #171 of 394
I'm about to purchase the 8 core Grande silver for my Susvara.
Lavri told me their best 4 pin XLR is the Aeco pure copper however I only see rhodium plated and gold plated copper on their options page, not pure copper. I sent an email but haven't heard a reply yet. What are you guys using for your 4 pin XLR?

I used to have the 4 core Grande silver for my Meze Elite but sold it when I went to the Susvara. I now have a Forza Noir Hybrid but I'm itching to make the jump ($$$) to the 8 core Grande.
Does anyone have experience with both on the Susvara?
I own the 8core Grand Silver w/ rhodium plating & it's the most revealing cable I've paired with the Susvara to date. Was afraid the silver would brighten things up, but it brought more clarity without sibilance. I found the most change in the treble regions, but mids & lows were slightly improved as well.

Jun 20, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #172 of 394
I own the 8core Grand Silver w/ rhodium plating & it's the most revealing cable I've paired with the Susvara to date. Was afraid the silver would brighten things up, but it brought more clarity without sibilance. I found the most change in the treble regions, but mids & lows were slightly improved as well.
Thanks for the response. Good to know.

I just pulled the trigger on the 8 core Grande silver for my Susvara.
This is my second Lavri Grande. The first was a 4 core for my Elite.
I was so impressed with the Lavri. Everything about it was fantastic. The sound, the comfort, the craftsmanship.
It's so light that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a cable. That's important to me. When I spend hours listening I don't want to feel like I'm anchored to something.
The website says it looks like I'll have to wait until after July 1st.

Jun 20, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #173 of 394
Hi, I currently own a Lavricables grand for my Susvara and am very happy with the sound. However I have two other headphones (DCA Stealth and Focal Utopia) that both also get a lot of headtime, but buying two more grand cables is a bit on the pricy side. I was thinking it might be quite viable to construct/buy two 3.5mm female to DCA connector adapters, and maybe one for the Utopia too and reuse the Susvara cable. Does anyone have experience with this?

Jun 20, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #175 of 394
Jun 21, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #176 of 394
Has anyone tried Lavri interconnects? I currently have Triode Wire Labs XLR interconnects.
I have the 8 core Grand headphone cable on order for my Susvara. I used to own the 4 core Grand for my Elite and was so happy with it that now I'm curious about the Lavri interconnects.
What about power cables?

I also interested in comparisons, if any.

Jun 22, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #177 of 394
Why don't you ask Lavricables about adapters?
1687440218341.png

Quite a reasonable price, but I don't think my audiophile nervosa would be happy with the idea of the adapters potentially degrading the sound. I guess i'll start saving up for another grand cable. Really wish manufacturers could stop trying to be special with their own almost proprietary headphone connectors..

Has anyone tried Lavri interconnects? I currently have Triode Wire Labs XLR interconnects.
I have the 8 core Grand headphone cable on order for my Susvara. I used to own the 4 core Grand for my Elite and was so happy with it that now I'm curious about the Lavri interconnects.
What about power cables?

I have the Lavri Grand interconnects. I'm not so good at describing cable differences and I've not done any detailed A/B tests, but compared to my Mogami 2534 + Neutrik interconnects I'd say the sonic characteristics are similar to the Grand headphone cable. If you like the Grand I don't think you can go wrong with them, but I don't have a clue how they'd compare to your Triode interconnects.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #178 of 394
What about power cables?

I have Master Line XLR interconnects and they follow the same sound character the headphone cables do. (No surprise there). It was my first purchase from Lavricables and the first noticeable difference JUST from a cable. Wasn't too monumental, but enough to realize there's a path to clarity if I continued in that direction. Fast forward, all my headphones are outfitted with a Grand Line cable/AECO XLR. Haven't heard their power cables, but expect the same level of quality as their hp cables & interconnects.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #179 of 394
1687440218341.png
Quite a reasonable price, but I don't think my audiophile nervosa would be happy with the idea of the adapters potentially degrading the sound. I guess i'll start saving up for another grand cable. Really wish manefacturers could stop trying to be special with their own almost proprietary headphone connectors..

I have the Lavri Grand interconnects. I'm not so good at describing cable differences and I've not done any detailed A/B tests, but compared to my Mogami 2534 + Neutrik interconnects I'd say the sonic characteristics are similar to the Grand headphone cable. If you like the Grand I don't think you can go wrong with them, but I don't have a clue how they'd compare to your Triode interconnects.
Be patient and save for a new cable
I am having the exact same nervosa like you with adapters and everything else that gets in the audio chain.

Jun 22, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #180 of 394
If I knew there was an adapter somewhere in my $1,100 headphone cable I would go crazy. So if I'm going to spend the money, I damn well better have peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back