Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 6, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #241 of 394
Thanks. That's a great explanation and your opening line about the Susvara fits in with what I recall about it. Tremendous resolution top to bottom.

I can hear that my HE1000 Stealth are not completely natural but accurate enough and very fulfilling. I'm hoping that the Lavricable can make it sound better in every way over my current cheap 8 core silver cable which added more detail and openness over stock cable but also introduced a typical cheaper silver cable metallic tone.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #242 of 394
Thanks. That's a great explanation and your opening line about the Susvara fits in with what I recall about it. Tremendous resolution top to bottom.

I can hear that my HE1000 Stealth are not completely natural but accurate enough and very fulfilling. I'm hoping that the Lavricable can make it sound better in every way over my current cheap 8 core silver cable which added more detail and openness over stock cable but also introduced a typical cheaper silver cable metallic tone.
I understand. The most surprising and alarming thing about going to the Lavri Grand silver was the complete lack of brightness in any way. I expected it to have an elevated top end but it just got more natural sounding. The midrange is absolutely glorious as well. I definitely did not get any of the stereotypical added brightness that many silver cables can bring.

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #243 of 394
Oh one more thing, I also did get the 150 hour burn in option when I ordered.

Sep 6, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #244 of 394
Thanks. Happy to do the burn in myself. I have burn in tracks but will more likely just use normal music for a while on repeat and then appreciate the further improvement over time as it matures.

I suspect I'll be very impressed. 🙂. Mine has shipped today so hopefully here by early next week at the latest.

Sep 8, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #246 of 394
I didn't know you could get gold plated copper cables. Gold isn't as conductive as silver(best) or copper but who knows, maybe on cables it could sound good. Conductivity isn't always the main criteria for best sound - look at Rhodium connectors for example.

However you may like to most this in a generic cable material thread as the focus here is Lavricable.

Sep 9, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #247 of 394
Ordered Tuesday delivered just now in the UK so great delivery speed. Initial visual impression: Impeccably made, looks stunning and is the correct length. I can't test it until tomorrow unfortunately and it will then have plenty of running in to do.

So far great so thank you @lavricables
IMG_20230909_104821.jpg

Sep 9, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #248 of 394
Ordered Tuesday delivered just now in the UK so great delivery speed. Initial visual impression: Impeccably made, looks stunning and is the correct length. I can't test it until tomorrow unfortunately and it will then have plenty of running in to do.

So far great so thank you @lavricables
IMG_20230909_104821.jpg
She's a beauty, ain't she?
Best looking and best sounding cables I've ever had.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #250 of 394
Most certainly stunning and I'm glad I went for the better Aeco plugs. Greatly looking forward to trying.
Yeah, if you're going through all the trouble of watching videos, reading reviews, going through forum threads, deciding on a brand, deciding on what cable to get, putting the order in, waiting for the cable to get made that will ultimately go in a system that you also did all of the above to assemble... then just buy their top line connector. Why hold back at this point? Lol.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #251 of 394
Well put and just how I see it. I didn't want to stretch to the 8 core due to the cost compared to my headphones but I'm confident this 4 core will do just fine. I don't have a balanced input like many use but the cable is going to carry a quality signal from my Marantz KI Ruby amp +cd set and other sources... Amp and CD connected with an excellent but older version premium level silver Atlas Asimi RCA.

Sep 9, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #252 of 394
Well put and just how I see it. I didn't want to stretch to the 8 core due to the cost compared to my headphones but I'm confident this 4 core will do just fine. I don't have a balanced input like many use but the cable is going to carry a quality signal from my Marantz KI Ruby amp +cd set and other sources... Amp and CD connected with an excellent but older version premium level silver Atlas Asimi RCA.
Cool.
I had the 4 core silver and it's sublime. It's all anyone will need.

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #254 of 394
Hi,

On the note of no. of cores, is there much difference in 4 cores and 8 cores for IEM cable ? On second note, what is the difference in audio wise between Rhodium and gold plating for IEM connectors ?
Before I order I had the same doubt for rhodium and gold and I found this article:

https://perkune.com/audiophile-difference-rhodium-or-gold/

Based on this I chose both terminations in rhodium supposing it can make the cable as neutral as possible together with silver, being better for the Susvara and the HA-300 to not make the cable to change the sound signature of the amp and get all the benefits of tube rolling, but I dont know the case of IEM. Maybe is better gold in this case if you will listen from DAP and you dont have in the midle equipment like a versatile tube amp to change sound because rhodium could make the listening harshness.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #255 of 394
Before I order I had the same doubt for rhodium and gold and I found this article:

https://perkune.com/audiophile-difference-rhodium-or-gold/

Based on this I chose both terminations in rhodium supposing it can make the cable as neutral as possible together with silver, being better for the Susvara and the HA-300 to not make the cable to change the sound signature of the amp and get all the benefits of tube rolling, but I dont know the case of IEM. Maybe is better gold in this case if you will listen from DAP and you dont have in the midle equipment like a versatile tube amp to change sound because rhodium could make the listening harshness.

Thanks for the link. Do we really need 8 core vs 4 core for headphones cable? Is there much noticeable difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back