La Figaro 339
Mar 31, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #6,377 of 6,903
So, it came.... but...
gwkyaq.jpg

gr72ax.jpg

k2rtw0.jpg

Tubes arrived shattered. The box barely being held together. The paint finish leaves much to be desired... They increased the price, but doesn't look like they increased the quality. I fortunately had 2 winged c's and 2 red 5693's to test the unit out... I can't wait until my new tubes come.

Mar 31, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #6,379 of 6,903
So, it came.... but...
gwkyaq.jpg

gr72ax.jpg

k2rtw0.jpg

Tubes arrived shattered. The box barely being held together. The paint finish leaves much to be desired... They increased the price, but doesn't look like they increased the quality. I fortunately had 2 winged c's and 2 red 5693's to test the unit out... I can't wait until my new tubes come.

It is a bummer! (I am not affiliate with the manufacturer but still feel bad about this).

A few peanuts won't cost a leg. Why this is always the case buffled me.

Hope the broken glass did not get into the main body. Also seems the finish of the transformer is a bit rough.

Mar 31, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #6,380 of 6,903
Did you get that through drop? I would get a replacement before you regret it. I have one in black that doesn’t look beat up like that. I didn’t get mine through drop though. I got mine through Shenzhen Audio on a price match. came DHL with no issues.

Mar 31, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #6,381 of 6,903
It is a bummer! (I am not affiliate with the manufacturer but still feel bad about this).

A few peanuts won't cost a leg. Why this is always the case buffled me.

Hope the broken glass did not get into the main body. Also seems the finish of the transformer is a bit rouWhat
Did you get that through drop? I would get a replacement before you regret it. I have one in black that doesn’t look beat up like that. I didn’t get mine through drop though. I got mine through Shenzhen Audio on a price match. came DHL with no issues.
Got it through drop. What happens when you have glass in the main body?

Mar 31, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #6,382 of 6,903
It sounds pretty bad right now, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait for new tubes to get here... Didn't think Drop would send a unit like this not adequately packaged... The paint is so rough on it too... and on one side its literally scratched up...

Mar 31, 2021 at 10:48 PM Post #6,384 of 6,903
[ see below ]

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #6,385 of 6,903
Agree with replacement. Send photographs to Drop before sending back unit. Condition on delivery is flat out unacceptable.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #6,388 of 6,903
So, it came.... but...
gwkyaq.jpg

gr72ax.jpg

k2rtw0.jpg

This is all I needed to see to go looking in the used market.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #6,389 of 6,903
Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #6,390 of 6,903
So, if not from Drop, and not from manufacturer's site, what is other place where it could be ordered?
Shenzhen Audio only?
ShenzhenAudio is good, I had to wait a couple extra weeks after ordering from there, but they did their own QA testing and asked Yuking for a 2nd unit because the 1st was not acceptable to them.

Shipping from ShenzhenAudio was in perfect condition and took only a few days to Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back