1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

La Figaro 339

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by cal8949, Jul 15, 2010.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. cal8949
  2. Skylab Contributor
    Fascinating.  Looks like an update of the 337 design, but if I read it right, using a chinese 6J4P input tube, which is equivalent to the 6AU6 (the pics make this a little hard to determine, though).  Definitely still the 6AS7 power tubes. Also, there is a third transformer - so is this one transformer-coupled, now, and not OTL?

I wonder when it will be available...

3. Uncle Erik Contributor
    The third transformer might be a choke. That'll improve the power supply, but it'll still be OTL.

4. Skylab Contributor
    Ahhhh.  Indeed it might.  Good call.

Do you have the same take I do on the input tubes?

5. moodyrn
    I wish it was TC, or I would be all over this.

6. jpstereo
    Drool!

7. lyramax
    Why does this amp have two separate plugs and switches?

8. Henerenry
    its a dual mono design.

9. bastogne
  10. Ypoknons Contributor
    About two months if the website's right, yea. Most of the retailers in Hong Kong just getting them now, so I guess distribution is taking its time... Darkvoice amps look nice but I'm not really in the market for OTL tube dual VC so...

11. TheAudioDude
    My god that is so clean on the inside.  It looks like it was assembled by a very precise robot with OCD and too much time on its hands.[​IMG]

12. Moontan13

Quote:

You owe me a keyboard.

13. Seamaster
    So, is it a balanced design? I went to Chinese "ebay". The price was $500 USD without shipping

14. Ypoknons Contributor
    No, it's dual mono, not balanced.

15. Seamaster
    Thanks

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last