Kumitate (くみたて) Lab: A Triumph and Celebration of DIY - Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #121 of 376
You just described the trio lol. But the treble can can a bit splashy/ bright depending on the tuning of the bass port

how are the mids thats very important as well, as i do not like thin sounding or distant mids

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #123 of 376
Just to give everyone an update on the sale of Kumitate Lab CIEMs outside of Japan. Yes, they are finally available for overseas order now!

1. If anyone is planning a visit to Tokyo, you could drop by the Kumitate Lab office in Chiyoda and demo their lineups in the office. If you are keen in any of the model you could follow up with them on the ordering process from them on. Also, do inform the team beforehand prior to your visit.

2. Otherwise, if you do not have plans to Tokyo anytime soon but you are still keen in ordering the CIEM, you can contact Ms. Emiko directly to enquire about the ordering process.

Below are some of the pictures from my visit to the Kumitate Lab office roughly a week plus ago.

Faceplate designs

Demo iems and beautiful faceplate designs

Internal wirings of demo Sanka MK II Type B.
(the finalised Sanka MK II will be based off the tuning of Type A (the iem on top), and currently it is expected to be announced at the end of July 2016)

KL-REF Type-S
as what Mr Yamazaki-san described (KL-REF: monitor,reference sound. Type-S: for listening,vocal tuning), the vocals in Type-S were more forward and engaging. the original kl-ref is more neutral for mastering and listening purpose. the added sweetness to female vocals in Type-S accompanied with the excellent bass response and timbre/instrumental performance made me opened my wallet for it eventually.

the entire Kumitate Lab team are very friendly people and they will definitely welcome you to visit their office. Do not worry if you couldn't speak Japanese because Ms Emiko will be there to help to translate your thoughts to the rest of the team (which is why it is strongly encouraged to inform them when you are heading down beforehand so that Ms Emiko could arrange time to head down to the office as well). If anyone is interested to contact the team, you could send me a pm and I could leave you Ms Emiko's contact.

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #124 of 376
Just happened to try the Trio. Love the design and color, in general it is a very good UIEM, but for that price...I'm lost for words (although my heart wants it to become a 2nd IEM after my soon to come FitEar 335)

I would say it's a bit similar to Roxanne's character but with a slightly wider stage

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #125 of 376
Just happened to try the Trio. Love the design and color, in general it is a very good UIEM, but for that price...I'm lost for words (although my heart wants it to become a 2nd IEM after my soon to come FitEar 335)

I would say it's a bit similar to Roxanne's character but with a slightly wider stage

original price of TRIO in japan is rather acceptable (around 900usd). but since they are in limited production and most probably you can only find them in secondhand market.

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #126 of 376
original price of TRIO in japan is rather acceptable (around 900usd). but since they are in limited production and most probably you can only find them in secondhand market.

Wow...should ask a friend there to help me get one. That's really worth buying at that price for an everyday IEM.

Any advice maybe where my friend could help me get one?

Thank you in advance

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #127 of 376
Wow...should ask a friend there to help me get one. That's really worth buying at that price for an everyday IEM.

Any advice maybe where my friend could help me get one?

Thank you in advance

2nd hand Trios are rare and disappear -really- quickly here if they appear online on any of the stores in Japan.

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #131 of 376
yeah. but can possibly try your luck at e-earphone or fujiya-avic. you may find one if you are extremely lucky.

I have been. Not only that I have filters for the Trio on Yahoo Auction even. Very rare still. There was one in e-earphone earlier this week which lasted for 1/2 day and gone. Before that was back in March/April I believe.

Wow...it's that hard to find a brand new one even in Japan

I've not seen a new one ages. They've stopped the Trio for quite some time now (at least for Japan market?).

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #133 of 376
I have been. Not only that I have filters for the Trio on Yahoo Auction even. Very rare still. There was one in e-earphone earlier this week which lasted for 1/2 day and gone. Before that was back in March/April I believe.

I've not seen a new one ages. They've stopped the Trio for quite some time now (at least for Japan market?).

yea saw the one earlier this week as well. even if it didnt come with the cable, it was gone within few hours.

have not really seen any news about them bringing back the trio, except few weeks back ito-san posted a poll on twitter to ask for the public about surface finishing of titanium trio (rough or smooth).
Wow either they're high in demand or low in production. Was offered by Jaben in Indonesia and gave it a try last night, but for $1800 I think it's a bit too much

think they are also available at Jaben in singapore at ridiculous price.

Aug 13, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #134 of 376
Oh I just realised I didn't show the pix of the prototype vs final Trio. Sorry for the low quality photos, they were off my iPhone :-

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #135 of 376
Always really hyped to hear of Japanese DIYers and mini outfits.
They seem to do everything which such dedication and love for the craft.

Has anybody compared Kumitate's IEMs (especially the KL-REF and KL-REFs) to more 'conventional' UERM / UERR? And whether it is worth going out of ones way to get Kumitate IEMs, considering the mark-up outside of Japan?

How did they handle transient smearing and phase incoherence?
- So many question such little information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back