Koss Portapro Thread
Aug 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #304 of 1,312

Quote:
well i ordered them on ebay , they arrived today, package was blue/black, black drivers and headband, braided cable, i was told they are the Best Buy ones, sounds good so they must be genuine.

sounds like best buy edition to me. Give em some time to burn in and then think about doing some mods. Everyone agrees on the quarter mod, cut a quarter sized hole out of the pads and then glue that circular pad onto the sliders to keep them from pulling your hair out for bonus points.

Also, there is the kramer mod, which I am a fan of, you should be able to find it on head-fi.. It brings out highs and mids just a tad more. I also just used a bit of sugru to make a better stress reducer on the cable. I've broken one pair there, be careful with the cable at the stress reducer, it's definitely the weak point of these headphones. Might wanna look into getting a bit of sugru too :) Have fun with the headphones. 

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #305 of 1,312
Quote:
well i ordered them on ebay , they arrived today, package was blue/black, black drivers and headband, braided cable, i was told they are the Best Buy ones, sounds good so they must be genuine.

sounds like best buy edition to me. Give em some time to burn in and then think about doing some mods. Everyone agrees on the quarter mod, cut a quarter sized hole out of the pads and then glue that circular pad onto the sliders to keep them from pulling your hair out for bonus points.

Also, there is the kramer mod, which I am a fan of, you should be able to find it on head-fi.. It brings out highs and mids just a tad more. I also just used a bit of sugru to make a better stress reducer on the cable. I've broken one pair there, be careful with the cable at the stress reducer, it's definitely the weak point of these headphones. Might wanna look into getting a bit of sugru too :) Have fun with the headphones.

How much time of burn in is recomended?

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #308 of 1,312
7db24999_100_1500.jpeg

a985160d_100_1502.jpeg

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #314 of 1,312

Quote:
I love my portapros, but I'd like to get a good budget portable amp to cover up the audio shortcomings of the iPhone4. Any suggestions?

The new FiiO E6 is probably the best "tiny" size-factor affordable amp available.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #315 of 1,312

@JamesMcProgger - Cool mod :) if I can just find custom headphone cables here I can do it I guess.

These headphones are so comfortable even in hot climate. Also they are glasses-friendly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back