Koss Portapro Thread
Feb 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #498 of 1,312
Is there any place to get the white PortaPros in the U.S.?

I'd love to get a pair of these.

As far as I know; not possible. I contacted Koss about this one time and they said it's only available in Europe. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #500 of 1,312
Time to buy from Amazon UK and find a shipping service like Tenso for Japan. Anyone know of one for the UK?

Feb 18, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #501 of 1,312
  As far as I know; not possible. I contacted Koss about this one time and they said it's only available in Europe. 

Damn.

The odd thing is if you send a specialty version of the KPP in for warranty they'll send a new pair of the same specialty version back. Maybe they have just enough on hand to fulfill warranties?

I had to send a pair of the all-black editions in long after they were no longer available and got a new pair back.

Feb 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #502 of 1,312
  Damn.

The odd thing is if you send a specialty version of the KPP in for warranty they'll send a new pair of the same specialty version back. Maybe they have just enough on hand to fulfill warranties?

I had to send a pair of the all-black editions in long after they were no longer available and got a new pair back.

They told me if I ever need to send my Koss DJ Tony Bennett Special Edition in, I would get another pair even though I think they discontinued them. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #504 of 1,312
  Koss is awesome like that!

Yes :)
They really honor their warranty and are pretty fast with it too. I sent my PortaPros for repair one time and got it back within a week. 

Best customer service experience so far; apart from Amazon/NewEgg. Had to return this Computer Power Supply back to Corsair for warranty and it took them over a month to even get one back to me. 

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #505 of 1,312
Did a lovely hack job on my portapro driver covers today lol. I didnt have the right tools so i just used a soldering iron to melt as much of the cover away as i could. It seems to have cleaned up the sound a little. I also have the KSC-75 pads on as they are a little thicker and that combined with using the light comfortzone setting keeps the driver a little further away from the ear which helps to reduce some of the boomy bass and brings out more of the highs. So far i'm liking it quite a lot!
If i can find a better tool i think i'll try removing even more so i only have one straight piece going across the driver instead of the cross shape it has now.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #506 of 1,312

If i can find a better tool i think i'll try removing even more so i only have one straight piece going across the driver instead of the cross shape it has now.

Or you can remove the driver cover completely and replace it with steel mesh. You can't do a crappier job than I did below, but you get the point:

Feb 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #508 of 1,312

How did you attach the mesh to the driver housing?

Some sort of glue.

If you do it, just make sure that there aren't pieces of mesh sticking out around the edges (like there are in that pic) because the pads get easily caught in them when taking off and putting on the pads. Just do a better job than I did!

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #510 of 1,312
A new addition to my Porta Pro collection. From Japan, a white limited edition Porta Pro.

This is the box it came in. Nicer than their old blister type packs.

I think these packaging cost more, so the adapter have to go.

Silver ring and disc.

White cables, L jacks and silver headband.

With the other white Porta Pro. Silver and black accents.

Different type of cables. 1 has the fabric covers and other plastic coated.

The pouch difference. The older ones at the bottom are nicer and have a more polish finish.

With the Mellow Yellows.

The white cable is thicker, more like the older Porta Pros.

These are nice headphones, I love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back