Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Jan 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,187 of 1,681
Kogan IS using mostly Chinese factories for supplies so really no surprise there. The factory/ies that they sourced the original player from might have gotten better deals from other customers and moved on.

One of my lecturers got a pretty sweet road bike from a factory from China with group buy for under AUD 500 shipped and all the parts branded in whatever they desire. Same thing would've cost him over 3k if he bought in Aus. It is easy if you have the right contacts.

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #1,188 of 1,681
Its happening, more photos surfacing on the net of rebranded Kogan units.

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Yep!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/basic-m90/reviews/12361

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #1,189 of 1,681
In fact, basic or kogan, d-jix, ritmix are all rebrand about Oriver dap.
You could find on aliexpress the Oriver 02 - 03 - 05 players.
Oriver 05 is the model that have been sold by all the rebrand names above..very well know now ( with memory 4/8/16 gb)
More interesting IMO, is the Oriver 03...it has same specs as the 05 with a better design and a little bit bigger battery....

http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2-4-inch-TFT-Video-Player-Supports-Micro-SD-Card/1669078468.html?recommendVersion=2

I have just put an order for it (as i allready have the d-jix, idem to kogan/ritmix)
I will wait and see

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #1,191 of 1,681

hey, could anyone help me finding a replacement LCD for my Kogan? My Kogan LCD was bricked
frown.gif

Seriously? Get a new one. Not like it's an iPod. The shipping fees for the part alone (if it's available) might cost you more. Especially if you're in Aus.

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #1,193 of 1,681
I wanna buy one but not sure where can I get it. Basic, ritmix, oriver, kogan etc. If possible I can get from Europe, Aus, Russia maybe and from China as well. Do we have any link or something? I know someone from that countries and will ask If there is. Help me!

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,198 of 1,681
The problem is Kogan doesn't stock them anymore...

Best bet is just see if you can get other versions of it shipped to you. Don't think Kogan will stock them again, and best bet is to search for the parts in places like taobao or Aliexpress for parts. Even then no guarantee it will be fixable. I'd move on to something different.

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,199 of 1,681
  I wanna buy one but not sure where can I get it. Basic, ritmix, oriver, kogan etc. If possible I can get from Europe, Aus, Russia maybe and from China as well. Do we have any link or something? I know someone from that countries and will ask If there is. Help me!

Best bet is just see if you can get other versions of it shipped to you. Don't think Kogan will stock them again, and best bet is to search for the parts in places like taobao or Aliexpress for parts. Even then no guarantee it will be fixable. I'd move on to something different.

If there is another company. Basic, Ritmix, Oriver it's oke. :) I guess all of them is unavailable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back