Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Jan 23, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #1,216 of 1,681
I found I could hook it up to my computer and have iTunes rip and save wave 16/44.1 files directly into the Kogan. Album titles and song names perfect. Wave sounds good too.

You just have to get about 7GBs of CDs and go to town. Mine will not play FLAC no matter what, so wave and Ape work.

You know Moose. Now I am wondering if having 32GB of music with me every day is a good idea after all. Today I have ripped 15 CDs that I haven't listened to in a while and barely have 5GB worth of room. One has to wonder how many times you listen to the same stuff over and over while never touching some of the records you store in the big capacity cards.

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #1,217 of 1,681
You know Moose. Now I am wondering if having 32GB of music with me every day is a good idea after all. Today I have ripped 15 CDs that I haven't listened to in a while and barely have 5GB worth of room. One has to wonder how many times you listen to the same stuff over and over while never touching some of the records you store in the big capacity cards.

I like having less storage still my first MP3 plater was only 500mb. 15 albums is a perfect amount in my eye. Makes you love them more.

Too much can be too much I think. Though it would be super cool to have 3000 CDs in wave to walk around with at times?

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #1,218 of 1,681
I like having less storage still my first MP3 plater was only 500mb. 15 albums is a perfect amount in my eye. Makes you love them more.

Too much can be too much I think. Though it would be super cool to have 3000 CDs in wave to walk around with at times?

My first DAP was an old Sony Walkman with an AAA battery and 256mb..which was a HUGE step up from my cassette player! That is why I like my iPod 5.5g 80gb b/c I have all of my favs in WAV on it with 15gb free for more.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,219 of 1,681
My first DAP was an old Sony Walkman with an AAA battery and 256mb..which was a HUGE step up from my cassette player! That is why I like my iPod 5.5g 80gb b/c I have all of my favs in WAV on it with 15gb free for more.

Early MP3 players were weird because they didn't know what they would look like

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #1,220 of 1,681

Sorry couldn't resist, noticed it was missing and it was my first. :)

So anything going on with that CTC branded DAP? Nothing on the site I can see, but just wondering.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #1,221 of 1,681

My first 500mb player ten years ago.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #1,222 of 1,681

http://www.geek.com/hwswrev/conel/mp3watch/

32 mb memory and a list price around $249!

I remember almost getting one.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,224 of 1,681

My first dap was Iriver T10 with 256mb internal storage. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #1,225 of 1,681
Early MP3 players were weird because they didn't know what they would look like

I had something like this like 10 years ago I guess. 256mb and an FM radio. Then I got the 1gb version with the same audio chip as an iPod (or so I heard). It did sound very good with my Alessandro MS-1. I was actually considering to get NIB Sony Psych player, 256mb, for use at the gym. But Jeremy sent me an Oriver player and I have an RCA mp3 player also, which I could use instead. Anyway, there are a few old Sony, RCA and Rio NIB players for sale here. Maybe I'll get one just for kicks.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,228 of 1,681
When you posted that, I was listening to my old Shuffle again. :)

My Shuffle 1st generation finally gave out. I think it is really important for many to realize just how good they sound. It is almost laughable how the sound quality has gotten slightly better and louder if you get a 5th generation Touch. Still those Shuffles have this really smooth warm special sound with the right headphones. They sound nothing like they look like they would sound. Those Burr-Brown chips, the fact that they did nothing but play files. 500 mb of Wave files was heaven.:)

I was able to listen to a new generation and they didn't even begin to get as loud? I still see them new in box, you wonder how long the irreplaceable battery would last. That is the great part about finding an IPod mini. They had nice DA converters and you can put a SSD in them plus a new battery making them reborn. Maybe good for ten more years?

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,229 of 1,681
I just saw this two for sale, NIB, for less than 20 dollars.

New in box but the battery is maybe very messed up due to age.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #1,230 of 1,681
I had something like this like 10 years ago I guess. 256mb and an FM radio. Then I got the 1gb version with the same audio chip as an iPod (or so I heard). It did sound very good with my Alessandro MS-1. I was actually considering to get NIB Sony Psych player, 256mb, for use at the gym. But Jeremy sent me an Oriver player and I have an RCA mp3 player also, which I could use instead. Anyway, there are a few old Sony, RCA and Rio NIB players for sale here. Maybe I'll get one just for kicks.

With bright IEMs like the super detailed $70 RE0 you got a good combo with 1st generation IPod Shuffles, and most don't even know how audiophile they sound. It is almost secret many don't know. One guy here has five.

RE0 with the Burr-Brown was a special combo. The warmth countered the coldness of the RE0s. Considering you can find a used Shuffle 500 mb or 1 GB for $40-$20 bucks and add somthing like a used pair of $50 RE0s you were in low cost heaven. Not a lot of songs with Apple lossless plus only an album with wave files.

I'm not sure ITunes supports them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back