Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 16, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #54,931 of 63,836
Great to see measurements! So CSN is warm W-shaped with the main focus on vocal it seems! :L3000: CCA maxed out tuning a single KZ30095 it seems!
I see CCA also tuned 2k peak to elaborate footsteps for FPS gamers.
Haven't heard CSN, I may get it soon. But so far, if anyone has maxed out 30095 BA then it is BQEYZ with KB100. The BA is placed inside nozzle as well and yet it's not at all harsh or suffers from peaky treble. It even has fantastic tonality and timbre.

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #54,932 of 63,836
:L3000:If you happened to have an 8 core copper cable, try swapping it with the CSN's current cable, then you'll get the larger soundstage you'll need.
Cheers! :beerchug:
C-type 8 core copper cable.jpg

-Clear
Never use those stock cables. I already tried with an 8 core copper balanced cable made by Yin- yoo. I have quite a few cables laying around will do some rolling later.:L3000:

Apr 16, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #54,933 of 63,836
Great to see measurements! So CSN is warm W-shaped with the main focus on vocal it seems! :L3000: CCA maxed out tuning a single KZ30095 it seems!
I see CCA also tuned 2k peak to elaborate footsteps for FPS gamers.
I didn't know that 2k peak is for elaborating footsteps! I find the CSN ok for instruments too, the tone is quite believable with good dynamic.

Apr 16, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #54,934 of 63,836
Haven't heard CSN, I may get it soon. But so far, if anyone has maxed out 30095 BA then it is BQEYZ with KB100. The BA is placed inside nozzle as well and yet it's not at all harsh or suffers from peaky treble. It even has fantastic tonality and timbre.
The BA is not placed inside the nozzle for the CSN actually.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #54,935 of 63,836
Quick observation about the ZAX, and sorry if this has already been discussed. But:

1) All the BAs are without a nozzle, that can reduce the mid/high frequency response peaks.
2) The impedance is dead flat, compared to an all BA C16, which has big impedance swings.

I think most previous KZ and CCA used BAs with the nozzles still on...

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #54,936 of 63,836
The BA is not placed inside the nozzle for the CSN actually.
Yes I know. The point being usually BA in nozzle leads to painful treble experience but it's not the case in KB100. I was trying to imply that BQEYZ has probably pushed 30095s capabilities to the limit by eliminating all the harshness that is usually associated with the driver. CSN maybe much more sweeter sounding but I don't have it as of now but impressions by others suggest they have done a great job with tuning it

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #54,937 of 63,836
Yes I know. The point being usually BA in nozzle leads to painful treble experience but it's not the case in KB100. I was trying to imply that BQEYZ has probably pushed 30095s capabilities to the limit by eliminating all the harshness that is usually associated with the driver. CSN maybe much more sweeter sounding but I don't have it as of now but impressions by others suggest they have done a great job with tuning it
Looking at the measurements of the DQ6 and CSN, I think that XUN driver is probably a full frequency driver with no pass filter. The 30095 and also the two 6mm drivers in the DQ6 are tuned to compliment the XUNs only and that's why zero harshness can be achieved with the CSN since it is tuned that there is less contribution by the 30095 while there is more contribution of the final sound by the 6mm making the DQ6 peaky. I may just mess with the circuit board to verify this.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #54,938 of 63,836
Looking at the measurements of the DQ6 and CSN, I think that XUN driver is probably a full frequency driver with no pass filter. The 30095 and also the two 6mm drivers in the DQ6 are tuned to compliment the XUNs only and that's why zero harshness can be achieved with the CSN since it is tuned that there is less contribution by the 30095 while there is more contribution of the final sound by the 6mm making the DQ6 peaky. I may just mess with the circuit board to verify this.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions. It will be fascinating as many folks malign the driver for KZ's sound but in truth it maybe that's how KZ wants to tune this driver.

Apr 18, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #54,939 of 63,836
I have been quite enjoying the KZ ZAX listening to an album at bedtime. I burn mine in while listening, so they may even get better sounding, but work great for what I use them for.

DSC05544.JPG
DSC05552.JPG

Apr 18, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #54,940 of 63,836
Compared the ZAX to the DQ6 tonight; along with the Fearless S8P. The S8P has excellent separation but I find it a bit lacking in bass impact. Both the DQ6 and ZAX do bass better, imho. Still, the S8P has much better separation and smoother details. But, this is an expensive set. I'm enjoying both the ZAX and DQ6 right now. More impressions will come soon.

Apr 19, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #54,942 of 63,836
Never use those stock cables. I already tried with an 8 core copper balanced cable made by Yin- yoo. I have quite a few cables laying around will do some rolling later.:L3000:
I swapped the 8 core copper litz for the black cable I mentioned in my post and that's only the 2nd cable I tried with the CSN, gotta say I am really impressed by the combination!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low...ng-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/post-16267961
Those DQ6 lovers should really get a pair ! And thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #54,944 of 63,836
You're welcome :grin:
Always happy to help a newcomer, especially a fellow Dutchman (or woman idk). I was in your shoes about 2 years ago myself.
If you have any more questions just ask anyone (in the appropriate tread, be it your own or brand/subject specific) or if you want you can send me a PM. I don't know much but I can help with most of the basics.

But sadly not the entire IEM world is like this, there are some faction wars going on. But most here like me want nothing to do with that and just enjoy the gear we have.
Thanks! Than you probably know about aartjan too. I've read his ZSX review Here, and that's what got me wanting that IEM. His blog also made me do more research, which is how I ended with the DQ6. I knew about this forum from a few years ago, but never actively participated. Good to know there are fellow dutchies around here. I see you have quite the collection as well.

I really like listening to music, I just never though serious enough about it to go further on the devices that I use to enjoy music. Which is weird, I love tech and mechanics. And I love knowing why things work (or sound in this case) the way they do.

I'm happy I went with the DQ6 though. Seems like a rounded device, and from my research so far I understand it will stay kind of special since it's a 3DD design. If this whole IEM world keeps me interested (which I think it will) then i'll probably go for something like the KZ Zax, or the V90S (when on sale). Or who knows, maybe that zs10pro or Zsx will end up in my hands anyway.

Apr 20, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #54,945 of 63,836
I am hearing some annoying hiss with my DQ6 on my Sony NW-A55 on low volume and also on my Galaxy S9. Is it normal? Should I burn them before using them?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back