Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #54,946 of 63,919
I am hearing some annoying hiss with my DQ6 on my Sony NW-A55 on low volume and also on my Galaxy S9. Is it normal? Should I burn them before using them?
Give me a song to check? I hear also some harsh treble peaks but only on some specific songs.

Apr 20, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #54,947 of 63,919
Give me a song to check? I hear also some harsh treble peaks but only on some specific songs.
I have other IEM's and none are doing this hiss sound. For example: Fleetwood Mac, Go your own way (24bits); Michael Jackson, Money.

Maybe they are too sensitive for my players? It is also doing this in my PC.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #54,948 of 63,919
@homesickmadmax, I played Fleetwood Mac, Go your own way, but I cannot hear any hiss there and I'm treble sensitive so I would notice?! (on 60% volume on iPhone 12)

What tips you are using, hope not the stock ones and they are quite bad and changing the sound?

PS
I had them burn for a 60-70h

I have notice some treble peaks sounds but not on that song you mention (for example the female vocals "s", "sh" on Should have seen it coming, by AETHO)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #54,949 of 63,919
@homesickmadmax, I played Fleetwood Mac, Go your own way, but I cannot hear any hiss there and I'm treble sensitive so I would notice?! (on 60% volume on iPhone 12)

What tips you are using, hope not the stock ones and they are quite bad and changing the sound?

PS
I had them burn for a 60-70h

I have notice some treble peaks sounds but not on that song you mention (for example the female vocals "s", "sh" on Should have seen it coming, by AETHO)
Wow thank you for that detailed answer, appreciated. I have some foam tips. I ordered good tips on aliexpress but it takes ages to arrive. Do you hear something when pausing the music? Like "SHHHHHHH" All my Iem's are totally silent, except my new DQ6 so that is why I asked.

I will wait for other tips and burn them a bit.

Apr 20, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #54,950 of 63,919
No, no SHHH when pausing, switching between songs, or when within the song have silence. At least with my iPhone+Apple dongle+Spotify.... (+XINHS 8 core cable and some better tips)

Maybe also other owners of DQ6 can comment?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #54,952 of 63,919
Wow thank you for that detailed answer, appreciated. I have some foam tips. I ordered good tips on aliexpress but it takes ages to arrive. Do you hear something when pausing the music? Like "SHHHHHHH" All my Iem's are totally silent, except my new DQ6 so that is why I asked.

I don't hear anything out of the ordinary with my DQ6 with an iPod Touch.
Well actually I do hear a little bit of crackling and popping from time to time when no music is playing.

Now if I plug my earphones into my cheap Creative desktop speakers which have an earphone port on the speaker there is a hissing sound with and without music. The earphones are basically unusable in this case. I'm not sure why that is.

Apr 20, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #54,953 of 63,919

Probably has to do with the microphone cable (grounding issues?). Happened to me on my CCA C10 until I replaced the cable.

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #54,954 of 63,919
I am hearing some annoying hiss with my DQ6 on my Sony NW-A55 on low volume and also on my Galaxy S9. Is it normal? Should I burn them before using them?

I don't hear anything out of the ordinary with my DQ6 with an iPod Touch.
Well actually I do hear a little bit of crackling and popping from time to time when no music is playing.

Now if I plug my earphones into my cheap Creative desktop speakers which have an earphone port on the speaker there is a hissing sound with and without music. The earphones are basically unusable in this case. I'm not sure why that is.

For @homesickmadmax When music plays does the hiss go away? I don't have the DQ6. But it has a sensitivity of 112dB/mW, which I would consider as rather high. This high sensitivity may explain hissing with certain sources, especially cheaper DACs found in smartphones and computers.

There's a few ways about it:
1) Use an inline volume controller - can be gotten at a few bucks from shops. Just max the phone/computer sound volume and fine tune the volume distally at the inline volume controller.
2) Use an Impedance adapter - may skew sound signature, so beware.
3) Get another Amp/DAC that has good noise floor control.

Options 1 and 2 may affect the sound quality.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #54,955 of 63,919
No, no SHHH when pausing, switching between songs, or when within the song have silence. At least with my iPhone+Apple dongle+Spotify.... (+XINHS 8 core cable and some better tips)

Maybe also other owners of DQ6 can comment?
Got Newbee foam tips on mine, running balanced 2.5mm from my ES100. No SHHHH sound here either. Even maxed out the volume (with music paused, of course) at over 139 db. Background noise isn't audible; at least not on my setup.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #54,956 of 63,919
So, I've been doing alot of listening to the DQ6, ZS10 pro and ZAX over the past week. Just wanted to share a few words and impressions. This is not a review. This is just me, as a fellow headfier; sharing my personal thoughts.
I've had the ZS10 PRO for almost 2 years now, and until recently, it was one of my favorite iems in my collection. I've bought, traded and won many iems within the past 2 years. The ZS10 PRO was always in my top 3. I recently received the DQ6 and ZAX. I've been comparing the 3 for a couple of weeks now, so I think I've finally figured out some of the differences.
Compared to the ZAX and DQ6, the ZS10 PRO is a bit less refined; but not as much as much as some people make it out to be. I don't find as " mettalic" as some claim it to be. A bit bright, but I wouldn't say it's mettalic sounding.
ZAX, compared to ZS10 PRO, is a smoother and more detailed step up. Everything is just as detailed; but a smoother rendering. Biggest difference is the soundstage. Incredible for the price and a definite upgrade to ZS10 PRO. Still, I won't give up the ZS10 PRO. It's a bit raw sounding, but still great.
The DQ6 is a bit closer to ZAX, but it's got a special and different sound signature. As I said in a previous post; the DQ6 has an organic, vinyl type sound that's highly addictive. It's warm, yet detailed. Stage is good; with decent width and depth. Sure, there are other iems that might do it better; but they would cost more; and I'm not sure they could bring that warm, detailed, vinyl goodness like the DQ6.

The DQ6 is an exceptional set and should be on any music lover's radar. The tonality, stage, vinyl like sound and inexpensive price are bonuses. For less than $30, this set is a great deal, and well worth the $. That's just my 2 cents though. Everyone's got different preferences and hearing. Personally, I think the DQ6 is excellent and highly enjoyable with the music in my library.
Been listening to alot of stuff, but tonight I'm jamming some blues:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #54,957 of 63,919
So, I've been doing alot of listening to the DQ6, ZS10 pro and ZAX over the past week. Just wanted to share a few words and impressions. This is not a review. This is just me, as a fellow headfier; sharing my personal thoughts.
I've had the ZS10 PRO for almost 2 years now, and until recently, it was one of my favorite iems in my collection. I've bought, traded and won many iems within the past 2 years. The ZS10 PRO was always in my top 3. I recently received the DQ6 and ZAX. I've been comparing the 3 for a couple of weeks now, so I think I've finally figured out some of the differences.
Compared to the ZAX and DQ6, the ZS10 PRO is a bit less refined; but not as much as much as some people make it out to be. I don't find as " mettalic" as some claim it to be. A bit bright, but I wouldn't say it's mettalic sounding.
ZAX, compared to ZS10 PRO, is a smoother and more detailed step up. Everything is just as detailed; but a smoother rendering. Biggest difference is the soundstage. Incredible for the price and a definite upgrade to ZS10 PRO. Still, I won't give up the ZS10 PRO. It's a bit raw sounding, but still great.
The DQ6 is a bit closer to ZAX, but it's got a special and different sound signature. As I said in a previous post; the DQ6 has an organic, vinyl type sound that's highly addictive. It's warm, yet detailed. Stage is good; with decent width and depth. Sure, there are other iems that might do it better; but they would cost more; and I'm not sure they could bring that warm, detailed, vinyl goodness like the DQ6.

The DQ6 is an exceptional set and should be on any music lover's radar. The tonality, stage, vinyl like sound and inexpensive price are bonuses. For less than $30, this set is a great deal, and well worth the $. That's just my 2 cents though. Everyone's got different preferences and hearing. Personally, I think the DQ6 is excellent and highly enjoyable with the music in my library.
Been listening to alot of stuff, but tonight I'm jamming some blues:

Thanks for your impressions...I may have to try the DQ6 instead of the KBEAR KS1...I really like the ZAX.

Where does the DQ6 fall as far as size , fit and comfy level to the ZS10 Pro and ZAX ?

Oh, and that is a killer album you are listening to!

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #54,958 of 63,919
Thank you everyone for your feedbacks! I tried the DQ6 plugged in my portable amp(FIIO A5)+Sony NW-A55 and no hiss at all. Maybe the noise floor of my DAP is too high for these sensitive IEM, I don't know.

For me, the size and comfort are great on the DQ6. The sound too.

Apr 21, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #54,959 of 63,919
The more I listen to them, the more I love them.

It is weird, I feel like these DQ6 (30$) sounds better than my 1MORE triple driver (80$). Am I crazy?

Apr 21, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #54,960 of 63,919
The more I listen to them, the more I love them.

It is weird, I feel like these DQ6 (30$) sounds better than my 1MORE triple driver (80$). Am I crazy?
No, the DQ6 is a great iem. I prefer it to a few iems in the 300 usd range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back