Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 14, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #49,096 of 64,373
My favorite part of the close-knit, helpful, supportive Head-Fi community is the judgmental personal attacks about audiophiles (or who isn't enough of one) on a message board for audiophiles.

Dec 14, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #49,097 of 64,373
My favorite part of the close-knit, helpful, supportive Head-Fi community is the judgmental personal attacks about audiophiles (or who isn't enough of one) on a message board for audiophiles.

Indeed, IMHO the Word Audiophile is just a step up from Enthusiast which I think/hope we can all agree we are. As it was already mentioned the only real difference is the Phil/Phool is always striving to reproduce that “I’m at the show feeling” which once again IMHO is subjective and different to everyone of us. To argue the term/word is just someone looking for an argument:rolling_eyes:

Dec 14, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #49,098 of 64,373
I dunno audiophiles annoy the hell out of me. Nevermind how subjective the whole thing is there are people out there who genuinely look down on people who use EQ, listen to Rap, use iPods, ect. I call these people religious audiophiles. They make up dogma and push their made up rules on everyone else. Stuck up, snobby, corksniffing d-bags the whole lot of them. May they spend eternity strapped to some Beats headphones listening to mumble rap at 128kbs MP3.

Dec 14, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #49,099 of 64,373

Thanks for that very detailed reply to my original question. You know, coming from non-Chi-Fi, all I did was read these reviews of KZs from various websites after hearing about them shortly before 11.11 in 2018. There's this huge zoo of KZ IEMs, so I didn't know what to get [other than the cheap EDR1 and ATE during 2018]. It seemed KZ was offering something for everyone, so I started with the ZS-10 Pro after many positive reviews, even though the ZSX had just launched this summer.

Now that they're not as steely going forward, that's really good news, and I might pick up a ZSX when it goes down to $30.

I really appreciate that the lower prices of Chi-Fi allow ordinary people to experiment with a lot of different IEMs and signatures. My first KZs (EDR1+ATE) arrived alongside TRN V80/Tin T2/Banned V2, and now I have quite a stable. I'm using the ZS-10 Pro as a generalist IEM except for classical/jazz, and it's doing fine.

Dec 14, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #49,100 of 64,373
While I admire, and encourage musicians, or photographers for example, who put hard work and create, to be proud of themselves, I don't get the pride of "being an audiophile".

What would one think of someone claiming he has an "educated eyesight" and spends a lot of money on binoculars and magnifying glasses, always looking for "more perfection"?

First we'd all disagree on how interesting what he's looking at is, just like we don't agree on what good music is.

Secondly, there is 0 way to tell if that person has a better eyesight than most.

And thirdly, that person is not creating anything worth of value. He can be proud of himself as much as he wants, nobody gives a crap.

He could however try to justify spending a lot on magnifying glasses on the ground that he's an eyesightphile, who can discern slight variations in glass purity, subliming the vision of ass hairs which instantly become incredibly lush, with exquisite texture and gorgeous tonality, but truth be told he's just a snob with annoying precious language that means nothing to other people, except the ones being anxious about having the best magnifying glass, or those who have it already and are looking for confirmation.

Let's get over it. It's a hobby, nothing more, nothing less. Some can find it ridiculous, others awesome, the only thing that matters is to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #49,101 of 64,373
what is your preferences? do you like bass impact? or bass light? that will be a question for AS16 and AS12 and A10, if you want bass impact, and less bright, skip those. They are more on bright side, less bass impact, and can be tiring on highs.
ZS10 pro were the fave of the month, few months back until they have a better ZS10 Pro which is ZSX, more smooth trebles without infamous metallic sounding of ZS10 Pro.

C12 is ZSX sibling, they are almost same and the newest from company to date, while ZSX more balance, C12 a bit aggressive on upper mids and lower highs region.

your best bet from KZ/CCA are ZSX or C12, they are better than previous KZ in many aspects (KZ and CCA getting better in every product they release, but just gradually, slow improvement until they reach decent ZSX and C12)

yes but ZS10 pro have metallic sound, and they fixed it with ZSX, ZSX is a revision of ZS10 Pro, with no harsh lower treble.

Thanks for the reply, I listen to lots of rock, hip hop, and EDM so the bass impact would be preferred and it looks like the ZSX is the successor as well as community favorite here.

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #49,102 of 64,373
While I admire, and encourage musicians, or photographers for example, who put hard work and create, to be proud of themselves, I don't get the pride of "being an audiophile".

What would one think of someone claiming he has an "educated eyesight" and spends a lot of money on binoculars and magnifying glasses, always looking for "more perfection"?

First we'd all disagree on how interesting what he's looking at is, just like we don't agree on what good music is.

Secondly, there is 0 way to tell if that person has a better eyesight than most.

And thirdly, that person is not creating anything worth of value. He can be proud of himself as much as he wants, nobody gives a crap.

He could however try to justify spending a lot on magnifying glasses on the ground that he's an eyesightphile, who can discern slight variations in glass purity, subliming the vision of ass hairs which instantly become incredibly lush, with exquisite texture and gorgeous tonality, but truth be told he's just a snob with annoying precious language that means nothing to other people, except the ones being anxious about having the best magnifying glass, or those who have it already and are looking for confirmation.

Let's get over it. It's a hobby, nothing more, nothing less. Some can find it ridiculous, others awesome, the only thing that matters is to enjoy it.
With all due respect, it is hard to understand how these ramblings relate to KZ!

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #49,105 of 64,373
They don't, at all. Welcome to the internet mate.
Intermet is a collective phenomenon that some trolls try to hide behind (in between) - every problem has a person name attached to it!

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #49,106 of 64,373
They don't, at all. Welcome to the internet mate.

Do you ever choose to not reply? You started it and won't let it go. It is weird because I remember you saying in a thread that you have better taste than others. I can't remember if that was better taste in music or gear. You are the one who appears to feel superior.

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #49,107 of 64,373
Intermet is a collective phenomenon that some trolls try to hide behind (in between) - every problem has a person name attached to it!

It's just a reflection of real life, there will always be that guy out if topic in real life discussions. When the discussion is boring (like should I get an 8 or 16 cores cable??? Which will make the bass fuller??? Plz answer!!!!) it's a welcome breather. Or not. Who's judge?

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #49,108 of 64,373
I dunno audiophiles annoy the hell out of me. Nevermind how subjective the whole thing is there are people out there who genuinely look down on people who use EQ, listen to Rap, use iPods, ect. I call these people religious audiophiles. They make up dogma and push their made up rules on everyone else. Stuck up, snobby, corksniffing d-bags the whole lot of them. May they spend eternity strapped to some Beats headphones listening to mumble rap at 128kbs MP3.

yes, more of this please, no silly talk about gear or music this is the content I seek from head fi dot com

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #49,109 of 64,373
Do you ever choose to not reply? You started it and won't let it go. It is weird because I remember you saying in a thread that you have better taste than others. I can't remember if that was better taste in music or gear. You are the one who appears to feel superior.

Coming from someone replying to everything and anything, online 24/7 this is a bit amusing.

I return the question, you can't just leave me alone can you? Feeling the urge to reply to all my controversial posts, I can understand the fascination but seriously, this is a bit oppressing. There are a lot of threads, a lot of posts, a lot to ignore. I ignore a LOT.

The post about having better taste was sarcasm towards audiophilitis, if someone takes it first degree well vOv

Why don't you go on a crusade against the Hillbilly who's been shitposting the whole day instead?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #49,110 of 64,373
CCA C12 treble mod

• This mod tames only high frequency 30095 BA. Can be used also on KZ ZSX.
  1. Remove the grill. Remaining glue will still be useful. There is a BA tweeter right under that.

2. Place taming material on the top of the BA nozzle and cover it with the grill. Material should hold in place, because there is a very little space between BA and grill.
  • I have very good results with adhesive tape or patch. I'll also try a tissue.

• Treble is now placed far from head, darker, less airy. Its very musical for me, when listening to rock or metal music. Voices are same, but hi-hats or cymbals are tamed.

Hi All,
I have done the total mode and removed BA tweeters completely !
It's the best thing I've ever done with headphones. Sound isn't V-shaped anymore, but neutral, with surprisingly great/smooth/laidback extension to the top end. I really do not understand why the heights are so well tuned now, It's an audiophile dream. Bass and mids aren't affected.
That 30095 BA thing is there for nothing (or for trebleheads :))
20191214_220131z.jpg

(If anyone is interested in trying this, I'll write a some tips how to remove it)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back