Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 16, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #47,776 of 63,914
Hey Nim, not sure if TRN makes it in a gold color! Senor Slater is correct mine is more of a Pewter gray but indeed a nice cable. Can't tell you who I got it from either or I could be erased:open_mouth:
Yes, mine is more of a pewter colour, got it from Amazon under the Linsoul category.

Sep 16, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #47,777 of 63,914
BTW after reading about the C10, it sounds like something I would like. ('warm,' 'fun,' 'not too harsh' 'detailed').

But people are saying good things about the much pricier C16, and especially the C12. Are they just a total overall improvement over the C10 / ZS-10 Pro?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #47,778 of 63,914
Sep 16, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #47,779 of 63,914
That's a nice gold cable, it would look great on my C12 lol. Where did you get it?

Ah! I already have one of those! I'm looking for a gold coloured one for the C12! The silver one looks great with my ZSX.

Like this?

10353385.jpg

On aliexpress you can search for Newest TRN copper and silver mixed updated cable

Mine is the gold 2.5 2pin 0.75mm option... because I wanted to use this C12 with my balanced sources. I have an adapter for when I want to use a dap that has only single ended output. I would rather use an adapter than to stress the pin connections by constantly switching cables.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #47,780 of 63,914
Like this?

10353385.jpg

On aliexpress you can search for Newest TRN copper and silver mixed updated cable

Mine is the gold 2.5 2pin 0.75mm option... because I wanted to use this C12 with my balanced sources. I have an adapter for when I want to use a dap that has only single ended output. I would rather use an adapter than to stress the pin connections by constantly switching cables.
That's great, thanks, I will look into that!

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #47,781 of 63,914
Overall, I think both are great! That's why I personally have both. Love the C12, but I can't do without the ZSX as well. Both are my budget kings, if you ask me!
So far, after burning both in past 100 hours, I can honestly say that both KZ and CCA did a very good job on getting rid of that annoying metallic sound. In the end, they sound very organic and natural and slightly different from each other, IMHO.

Budget kings? :punch::nerd: ...maybe?

-Clear

which one is the better option for a bass head?

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #47,782 of 63,914
That's great, thanks, I will look into that!

Keep in mind that it is not the paragraph C.. so if you look you will see the gap... but I don't mind it. It is not too obvious with the lighter colored iem and cable connectors.... but it is only around 6 pound at the moment.

Sep 16, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #47,783 of 63,914
Here's a tribute, Pod remembers driving to school with his best friend senior year and just jamming to these guys. Ric's joining Ben now, RIP Boys!

Sep 16, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #47,784 of 63,914
BTW after reading about the C10, it sounds like something I would like. ('warm,' 'fun,' 'not too harsh' 'detailed').

But people are saying good things about the much pricier C16, and especially the C12. Are they just a total overall improvement over the C10 / ZS-10 Pro?
Sent from

The C10's a solid IEM, its an 'easy' listen suits most/all genres. For $23-25 their rediculous. I have all of the above the c12 may have a touch of symblance if your sensitive and looking for a warm ballanced. The c16's quite a hike in $'s wouldn't say its an ever day easy listen but has something......unique to its overall sound, find them very energetic being only BA' s but not as sharp as some muli driver BA's, is more suited to critical listening, it has its place and good value for what it is, preferably over the kz as16 imo. Worth having if your hording like I do

Sep 16, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #47,785 of 63,914
which one is the better option for a bass head?
They both have about the same amount of bass. I think The C12 has a more energetic and forward 2-5khz, while the ZSX has a more laid back and smooth 2-5khz. I think soundstage is better on the ZSX.

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #47,786 of 63,914
I received my ZSXs today (along with my midnight blue V90s, what a happy day! ). I plugged them into a balanced cable, I'll skip the stock one altogether. Started to listen on the R5 and I actually had to dial the bass down a bit on the MSEB from where it was! The soundstage on these is outstanding - wide and deep, stretching out in all directions.

The comfort is substantially better than I'd expected, they're not as big as I thought, and the shell is nicely contured. But the sound - oh my goodness. Guitars and cymbals dance around in the soundfield. Bass and mids are impactful and full of body. Highs sparkle but aren't metallic or fatiguing. I'm not sure if I can lay down in them without too much ear pressure - they aren't small, but hey - I can prop my head up on some pillows. :L3000:

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #47,787 of 63,914
They both have about the same amount of bass. I think The C12 has a more energetic and forward 2-5khz, while the ZSX has a more laid back and smooth 2-5khz. I think soundstage is better on the ZSX.

I still found sharp/harshness on ZSX, more over on 3-6khz areas, lucky i dont order C12 instead. and they have a bit glaring. Its their BA limitation i think, or i would like to down a bit that high mids. Soundstage is very good in ZSX.

I received my ZSXs today (along with my midnight blue V90s, what a happy day! ). I plugged them into a balanced cable, I'll skip the stock one altogether. Started to listen on the R5 and I actually had to dial the bass down a bit on the MSEB from where it was! The soundstage on these is outstanding - wide and deep, stretching out in all directions.

The comfort is substantially better than I'd expected, they're not as big as I thought, and the shell is nicely contured. But the sound - oh my goodness. Guitars and cymbals dance around in the soundfield. Bass and mids are impactful and full of body. Highs sparkle but aren't metallic or fatiguing. I'm not sure if I can lay down in them without too much ear pressure - they aren't small, but hey - I can prop my head up on some pillows. :L3000:

about to order V90 as well but hesitate because from what I read, they are more like sidegrade to ZSX. how do you find your zsx and V90 in comparison. Which one do you prefer more?

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #47,788 of 63,914
Sent from

Thank you China, an embodyment of how communism (small c) can work for the people. Can't see 'western' companies (Sennheiser, Beats, Shure, Sony etc etc) making such budgetary sacrifice to make products even close in quality for even 3 times the price. I'd say I'm glossing over their labour costs but most of the above make their products in China anyway

Meanwhile Apple...

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #47,789 of 63,914
Sent from

The C10's a solid IEM, its an 'easy' listen suits most/all genres. For $23-25 their rediculous. I have all of the above the c12 may have a touch of symblance if your sensitive and looking for a warm ballanced. The c16's quite a hike in $'s wouldn't say its an ever day easy listen but has something......unique to its overall sound, find them very energetic being only BA' s but not as sharp as some muli driver BA's, is more suited to critical listening, it has its place and good value for what it is, preferably over the kz as16 imo. Worth having if your hording like I do

Thanks, Captainbeefturd. I'm looking right now for an IEM I can use on transit, so it needs to have good noise isolation. I have a KZ7, which has powerful sound and some isolation, but I have fit issues. Is the isolation on the C10 good? Right now, I'm looking at the C12 for 11.11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back