Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 18, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #45,826 of 63,836
I'm looking for a Bluetooth cable for my zs7. the 5.0 version doesn't seem to come in the A type pin. any other suggestion? pref: should be cheap. 15$ ish~.

if not a type c cable with mic would do too. but even that is not available it seems :frowning2:

You mean the APTX-HD one?

I bought one and it had loads of background noise and it sounded awful, the seller (CCA official store) confirmed they are having problems with those and sent me a regular APTX as replacement.

MAYBE they fixed, maybe still broken, that said, EVERY SINGLE bluetooth adapter from KZ I own are different from one another.

I have them with cable too short, cable too long, controls on the left, controls on the right, etc.

I USUALLY recomment the TRN BT03 but they don't have straight pins, neither... But PIZEN make some adapters with a shorter straight connector so they fit well on both A and B, but they are usually more expensive.

I guess you should get the regiular KZ APTX one, in the end.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #45,828 of 63,836
Is there a 1DD/5BA coming from KZ? Any details?

https://www.facebook.com/KZEarphones/photos/a.509639299467181/708873412877101/?type=3&theater

It's called the KZ terminator or something like that.
Lately, I am getting very confused as KZ and its subsidiaries CCA/Tripowin (and ?Kbear - are they a KZ subsidiary or just borrowing their shell/drivers?) are churning out multi hybrid/BA IEMs almost every few weeks. Some seem to me to have exactly the same sound signature with just different branding and shells. I'm satisfied with my KZ ZS10 Pro for now, probably won't be jumping to any KZ products for the near future unless they have stellar reviews or prove to not be a sidegrade of their current lineup.

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #45,830 of 63,836
thank you , then I probably get regular apt-x for now.

I notice TRN BT3S and BT20S just came out. Should I get one of them in 2-pin 0.75 version for my ZS7 ?

I have the BT3 and the BT10, I think the BT3s is the APTX version using the BT10 chip...

With the BT10 I have a couple of problems, loads of background noise in the TRN V80 (just in this model, with this adapter, its unusable) and it doesnt connect automatically, I need to tap it on the cellphone's BT menu in order to connect.

No idea about the BT20S but I wanna try them also.

Jul 18, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #45,831 of 63,836
I have the BT3 and the BT10, I think the BT3s is the APTX version using the BT10 chip...

With the BT10 I have a couple of problems, loads of background noise in the TRN V80 (just in this model, with this adapter, its unusable) and it doesnt connect automatically, I need to tap it on the cellphone's BT menu in order to connect.

No idea about the BT20S but I wanna try them also.

Thank you again for your insight. so after collecting information, I'm gonna order BT20S w/ 0.75 2-pin version, and let's see.

Jul 18, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #45,832 of 63,836
thank you , then I probably get regular apt-x for now.

I notice TRN BT3S and BT20S just came out. Should I get one of them in 2-pin 0.75 version for my ZS7 ?
I have used Trn BT20 with KZ AS10 for my daily driver since the AS10 launched. I just got KZ ZS7 and Trn BT20S in the sales, and am enjoying both combinations. I'd heartily recommend the BT20S, they seem to have fixed the issues with the BT20 like the loose charge port/button issue. The new version is rock solid connection wise, has ample power and sounds good with a low noise floor. You can also use them one at a time as they power on and off separately. I also like that they fit securely for activity, you'd have to work pretty hard to make one fall off! I haven't used wires on any of my collection since I got the original BT20, and the new model is just a little better again in every area. Also some sort of IP rating which is a bonus and a better feeling plastic. Love this combo with my Sony Z5 compact, no cables in my foreseeable future!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #45,833 of 63,836
I have used Trn BT20 with KZ AS10 for my daily driver since the AS10 launched. I just got KZ ZS7 and Trn BT20S in the sales, and am enjoying both combinations. I'd heartily recommend the BT20S, they seem to have fixed the issues with the BT20 like the loose charge port/button issue. The new version is rock solid connection wise, has ample power and sounds good with a low noise floor. You can also use them one at a time as they power on and off separately. I also like that they fit securely for activity, you'd have to work pretty hard to make one fall off! I haven't used wires on any of my collection since I got the original BT20, and the new model is just a little better again in every area. Also some sort of IP rating which is a bonus and a better feeling plastic. Love this combo with my Sony Z5 compact, no cables in my foreseeable future!

Does the BT20 requires you to charge them separately or there is any sort of dock/Y cable that came with them?

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #45,835 of 63,836
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #45,840 of 63,836
Yes, looks interesting. **** is the only multi-driver earphone with a piezo driver that I thought was tuned ok. Hopefully NiceHCK has figured it out with the NX7.

Actually I think the Artiste DC1 is well tuned, with more accent on bass than the ****. It seems forgotten in this forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back