Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #45,796 of 63,917
I have the ZSA and ZS6.

The ZS6 clearly sounds better but its a model I never recommend because its a ergonomic nightmare, so I never recommend them

The ZSA doesnt have this prpblem but its bass never convinced me.

I prefer the ZSN Pro or a TRN V80 that have a similar driver configuration than the ZS6, is way cheaper and its finish is top notch.

I'm using my ZSA on a NiceHCK 8-core cable with standard 2 pin (0.75mm) connectors without any probs whatsoever.

No idea what you should do but I like those tiny puppies quite a bit. Sure you could get something like the ZSN (Pro) or whatever for about the same money but I wouldn't want to miss the ZSA in my (non-)collection for their unique sound sig. BTW, their build quality is just amazing.

Even with a defective (loose) connector, I 2nd the amazing build quality...

But its song signature never convinced me, but now I wanna give it a 2nd chance.
It'a about the little shell i'm thinking, i think i could like them.

I have the AS06 but i feel better chosing the CCA A10 if i want a complete BA experience.

Do you own ZS7 or ZS6? could you make a comparison between the ZSA and one of the two? I own a ZSN Pro but i prefer my ZS10 so i'm just making a gift to my little cousin with the ZSN Pro.

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #45,798 of 63,917
So, has no one ordered / received the AS12 yet? Came back checking to see if there is any reason why I need to get them :D

There is never a rational reason:)

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #45,799 of 63,917
Jul 16, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #45,800 of 63,917
So, i noticed that the ZST colorfull (or PRO, or whatever you want to call it :V) was available on amazon for 15 buck. I decided to get it, since this way it'll be in my hand by next week.
By buying it i'll be able to have an idea of it's sound, and, other than deciding if i like it or not, i will have a point of reference when reading review or asking about other KZ models. And the ZST look really cool, which is never a bad thing :ksc75smile:.
And if i end up really not liking them, i can always return them thanks to amazon's return policy.

So, thanks for all the answers (and don't get mad if i ended up not taking most of your advice in the end :D), but expect me to come here every now and thene asking questions about even more KZ models, i'm going back to the good old addition for earbuds!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #45,801 of 63,917
You will not return it, dont worry.

ZST is a great model, the one that made me buy many others, just there are other better models around as KZ came a long way since the ZST.

So, i noticed that the ZST colorfull (or PRO, or whatever you want to call it :V) was available on amazon for 15 buck. I decided to get it, since this way it'll be in my hand by next week.
By buying it i'll be able to have an idea of it's sound, and, other than deciding if i like it or not, i will have a point of reference when reading review or asking about other KZ models. And the ZST look really cool, which is never a bad thing :ksc75smile:.
And if i end up really not liking them, i can always return them thanks to amazon's return policy.

So, thanks for all the answers (and don't get mad if i ended up not taking most of your advice in the end :D), but expect me to come here every now and thene asking questions about even more KZ models, i'm going back to the good old addition for earbuds!

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #45,802 of 63,917
You will not return it, dont worry.

ZST is a great model, the one that made me buy many others, just there are other better models around as KZ came a long way since the ZST.

Yeah, that's what i think too. I'm not really after the last shiny thing, and right now i just need something cheaper to use on the bike and when i want a different sound sig than that of the monk+ or the 100aap, and from what i've read around the ZST might very well be the one i'm looking for. And i will no doubt be getting many more KZ earbuds (and a few cabels too, that i'm sure of :V), i'm a collector at heart, and these eabuds are dirt cheap in most cases, so KZ is just inviting me to catch 'em all!

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #45,804 of 63,917
If it fits an ED16 it will fit a ZSA. I am using the stock cable from my husbands ZSA on my ED16 because I like the angled connector but the B will not fit.
I found my ZSA cable secretly hiding on my ES4. Oddly enough, the right side fits it but the left doesnt. My ZSA cable has been found! Thanks, everyone.
Now I just need to find my ED16 cable... :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #45,806 of 63,917
I have the ZSA and ZS6.

The ZS6 clearly sounds better but its a model I never recommend because its a ergonomic nightmare, so I never recommend them

The ZSA doesnt have this prpblem but its bass never convinced me.

I prefer the ZSN Pro or a TRN V80 that have a similar driver configuration than the ZS6, is way cheaper and its finish is top notch.

I have both: V80s are super sharp, while ZSN Pro have a timbre i do not like.
ZS6 was my favourite until i returned it to amazon because of strange things happening with the drivers (volume loss, l-r problems and so on)

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #45,807 of 63,917
As a laidback KZ iem (with realy soft treble), I know only ZS10-new revision.
I'm waiting for AS10 and hope, they are too.
According to phonograph.net frequency graph AS12 isn't laidback at all......
Wow What? AS10 sounds insanly good. I don't understant that, what will I do with $300 iem now ....

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #45,808 of 63,917
Do you own ZS7 or ZS6? could you make a comparison between the ZSA and one of the two?
Sorry for the late reply.
I own the ZS6 (three pairs, different versions), ZS7 (one of my favs), ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, etc...
As to comparisons between different KZ hybrids, it's not that easy (anymore) since all of them sport one or two 39005 BAs and there seem to exist different versions of those armatures - older standard Bellsings and one (or more?) newer, customized KZ versions that sound distinctively different and so there exist different versions of at least the KZ6, but the same could be true for other KZ hybrids as well. Then there are the passive crossovers and KZ could change components (resistors, capacitors) without further notice - e.g. my relatively new 7 don't sound as dark or warm to my ears as most reviews have painted them, they're about as bright and close to neutral as my ZS10 Pro.
With that being said a comparison in short doesn't make too much sense to me but to my ears the ZS7 definitely play in a league above the ZS6 in almost all regards except for the beautiful airy spaciousness and more extended treble especially of the older 6. The ZSA have the tightest space of the 3, but surprising depth. Bass wise the ZSA are closer to the 6, to my ears the 7 kill both with their fast, dry rendering and almost no bleed into the lower mids. As to the rest please have a look at some other, more extended reviews - I like each one of these 3 phones with the 7 being my favorites but the ZSA get enough playtime as well.
Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #45,809 of 63,917
Sorry for the late reply.
I own the ZS6 (three pairs, different versions), ZS7 (one of my favs), ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS10 Pro, etc...
As to comparisons between different KZ hybrids, it's not that easy (anymore) since all of them not only sport one or two 39005 BAs but there seem to exist different versions of those armatures - older standard Bellsings and one (or more?) newer, customized KZ versions that sound distinctively different to some folks.
A comparison in short doesn't make too much sense to me but to my ears the ZS7 definitely play in a league above the ZS6 in almost all regards except for the beautiful airy spaciousness and more extended treble especially of the older 6. The ZSA have the tightest space of the 3, but surprising depth. Bass wise the ZSA are closer to the 6, to my ears the 7 kills both with its fast, dry rendering and almost no bleed into the lower mids.
Hope that helps a bit.
Thanks for your feedback.
Anyway, i feel the ZS7 is very good but i really miss the open feeling of the ZS6.
It is like the ZS7 is the closed version of the ZS6
Warm closed vs open and brilliant

Two different iems with great technical ability.

Jul 17, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #45,810 of 63,917
Thanks for your feedback.
Anyway, i feel the ZS7 is very good but i really miss the open feeling of the ZS6.
It is like the ZS7 is the closed version of the ZS6
Warm closed vs open and brilliant

Two different iems with great technical ability.
Maybe due to Z7's rolled of treble, I hear a little peak somewhere at mid-hight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back