Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 1, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #44,821 of 63,860
Finally got to try out my new bees tips on my ZS10 pro. Must say the sound is so much better and finally get a good seal. Still trying them out and granted I must use apps like apple music and amazon music for my songs. So quality isnt as good. Still everything sounds good and can even hear the stuff I couldn't hear with my shure 215s. Even the bass is good but not overpowering. I still get like wierd feedback on a few songs. Like instruments fighting over who's more dominant.

Over all I do like them and even brought out my portable dac I have and connected it through the usb connector on my note 9 phone. It's a teac HA-P50SE. I dont know if it's good or bad but sounds better than using the headphone jack on my phone. If you have suggestions I am all ears. I want to get a DAP so I can RIP my songs I have on disks and move them to a player. Have the Beatles box set I have on an old computer.

I might get the new T3 to try a different iem and grow my collection. Still my wife is oblivious to my spending or should I say addiction. I will get upgraded cables for my pro. Again thanks for the help that everyone has provided. It's nice to find a group that isnt filled with elitists and willing to help out people starting out.

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #44,824 of 63,860
Geez, you guys! I love my ZS10 PRO but from everything I've been reading on this thread...I might have to buy the ZS7 too. Damnit!

I was deciding between those two and end up buying both... ZS7 arrived first and I am loving it

Jun 1, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #44,825 of 63,860
I didn't liked the sound of the AS16. The ZS7 was nice, coming from the Samsung S9 earbuds, the signature was kind of similar, since the S9 earbuds have bass. The ZS10 Pro improved the treble but at first impressions, I noticed it lacked something in the mids, but my ears got almost used to the ZS10 Pros with their less amount of bass. The AS16 was a disapointment for me, honestly. The only good thing about it is the mids and nothing more. Lacks bass and lacks the bright treble of the ZS10 Pro. However, the AS16 have the mids the ZS10 Pro doesn't have, so KZ should focus on making an IEM that has the ZS10 treble, ZS7 bass, and AS16 mids. That would be the perfect KZ IEM for me.

Currently, I'm using the Hidizs MS4. It has a more balanced signature from the above KZ IEMs. It's more expensive, yes, but my ears like that signature better. It's similar to the ZS10 Pro, with better mids details, but a bit less treble brightness which I notice on some tracks more than on others, and has more sub-bass.

For the moment, I'm not going to get any current KZ IEM and look forward for future ones.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #44,826 of 63,860
That comment is going to cause a huge amount of uproar and possibly a Head-Fi riot.

Fair enough. I get it that you dislike the ZS10. My twin brother does not like his very much either, preferring the as10 to them. Of course, he also says that the Apple dual driver ear buds are better than either one, so go figure. Maybe I just got a very special pair, or maybe my ears do not work right...

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #44,829 of 63,860
I love the Zishan Z1 it’s one of my favorite players. I like Z1 better than Z3. I also love Walnut V2S and with ZS7, I am in budget fi bliss.

Plus one for the zishan, even the Z1 sounds awesome

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #44,830 of 63,860
I checked it out, but not alot of info. Does this thing do DSD? Can you use a bigger SD card than the 128g it says? Is the USB out also a USB audio out? I'd love to buy this, and hook it up via USB to my Fiio Q1MK2, instead of my smartphone.

Far as I know 128 is max card but I've not put one in mine yet, as far as format it tells you in the ad all lossless formats but it's a basic $36 DAP and your not going to have DSD at that price with anyone at least not quality:thinking: Also for $36 I highly doubt the Micro USB is audio out but like the card size I've not tried that, player has some decent juice though as it drives my ATH-AT900X's just fine. Not sure that I've helped you much but that's what I know so far. Now I did just post the size difference in the S5/X6 over in the Benjie thread:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Budget Trio.JPG

Jun 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #44,831 of 63,860
What kind of case is that? Pretty cool! Is it made specifically for that DAP, or did it just happen to fit perfectly like that?

Hey Slater, that was a Massdrop purchase from a couple years back. What I use when Kayaking or tubing with a BT DAP in it and either BT iem's but usually my waterproof portable BT speaker:wink: The Nanuk Nano is a killer case and the M3s just happened to fit in it perfect:beerchug:

Nanuk Nano.JPG

Jun 1, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #44,832 of 63,860
Hey Slater, that was a Massdrop purchase from a couple years back. What I use when Kayaking or tubing with a BT DAP in it and either BT iem's but usually my waterproof portable BT speaker:wink: The Nanuk Nano is a killer case and the M3s just happened to fit in it perfect:beerchug:

Boy, it’s a good thing you don’t kayak with a Robin Williams fan.

BB3514EC-60CD-4FEE-8803-5F52ABE02D1C.jpeg

Jun 1, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #44,833 of 63,860
I didn't liked the sound of the AS16. The ZS7 was nice, coming from the Samsung S9 earbuds, the signature was kind of similar, since the S9 earbuds have bass. The ZS10 Pro improved the treble but at first impressions, I noticed it lacked something in the mids, but my ears got almost used to the ZS10 Pros with their less amount of bass. The AS16 was a disapointment for me, honestly. The only good thing about it is the mids and nothing more. Lacks bass and lacks the bright treble of the ZS10 Pro. However, the AS16 have the mids the ZS10 Pro doesn't have, so KZ should focus on making an IEM that has the ZS10 treble, ZS7 bass, and AS16 mids. That would be the perfect KZ IEM for me.

Currently, I'm using the Hidizs MS4. It has a more balanced signature from the above KZ IEMs. It's more expensive, yes, but my ears like that signature better. It's similar to the ZS10 Pro, with better mids details, but a bit less treble brightness which I notice on some tracks more than on others, and has more sub-bass.

For the moment, I'm not going to get any current KZ IEM and look forward for future ones.

You might want to check out bqeyz iems. I was a little skeptical about bqeyz at first since they are not so recognized. I am coming from the KZ ZS7s super fun bass signature, relatively Bqeyz make very balanced in ears, without any funkiness, smooth trebles that are non fatiguing. Maybe because they manage sound pressure very well with vents, the bass response is at par with mids. Imaging is a class above kz. I would recommend you check out their kb100, K2 & kc2 lineup. I have the kb100 right now and am loving it.

This iem has made me think above 25 USD kz might not be so worth it.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #44,835 of 63,860
ZS7 and CCA C16 is a hell of a combo.
Not too interested in the C16 cause of the price and I dont think they will fit well in my ears due to the rather large size of the shells and a short looking nozzle. I like long stems and nozzles because I have deep canals but small ears. That's why I really dig the ZS10 PRO. They fit me great. I've read that the ZS7 is a bigger housing and that worries me cause I don't think they will fit properly in my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back