Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 2, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #44,851 of 63,987
Tell me about it! ED9 and MH755 on the way at the moment.

Dolla 4 Dolla those’ll make U Holla:grin:
May very well be the best <$20 you spend in Chi-Fi like a twofer deal deluxe:beerchug:

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #44,852 of 63,987
Jun 2, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #44,853 of 63,987
Yeah, ZS10 PRO is phenomenal for the price. Hope you enjoy it with your new cable and DAP. Let us know your thoughts when you have had a chance to get familiar with everything.

Phenomenal is the word. Man these things rock! I'm listening to some Dvorak now and the clarity is amazing, it's as if i'm there with them. I've tried most genres of music and none have disappointed me. They excel at dance/trance. The power and depth to the sound is like nothing I've ever heard. Very addictive :)

The little ATR's have today and for the price they are outstanding. I've tried them back to back with the ZS10 Pro's and they get blown out of the water which is to be expected but it's good to hear how much better they are and the ATR's are significantly better than what I've been using for years.

Overall I'm stunned you can purchase such quality sound for so little.

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #44,854 of 63,987
Zune that's why you should buckle up and hide your wallet...there is always another to try....I must have 100 iems, 5,6 headphones, multiple DAPS DACS and a main system, etc.
Enjoy!
Ed

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #44,855 of 63,987
Phenomenal is the word. Man these things rock! I'm listening to some Dvorak now and the clarity is amazing, it's as if i'm there with them. I've tried most genres of music and none have disappointed me. They excel at dance/trance. The power and depth to the sound is like nothing I've ever heard. Very addictive :)

The little ATR's have today and for the price they are outstanding. I've tried them back to back with the ZS10 Pro's and they get blown out of the water which is to be expected but it's good to hear how much better they are and the ATR's are significantly better than what I've been using for years.

Overall I'm stunned you can purchase such quality sound for so little.
Yeah, I'm actually kinda shocked at how good the ZS10 PRO sounds, and even more shocked at the strides that have been made in Chifi recently. Compared to a few years ago, the build, tech and tuning has really improved. What really blows me away is that this can be had at fairly affordable prices. I've got a renewed interest in audio again because of this, after being turned off for many years because of high prices. This newer Chifi stuff let's people get into the hobby without having to spend hundreds or thousands on a set of iems that sound great.

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #44,856 of 63,987
Pro10...unless you get a cheap upgrade cable for the 7, it evens it out more..

which kz to buy if you want the best detail retrieval and good mids .. kz zs7 or kz zs10 pro .. ?

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #44,857 of 63,987
A long time ago you couldn’t get a 3 driver universal for under $400, ie Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 (which I had made into a custom), Westone W3, Shure 535, even double driver earphones were over $200. All the old TOTL universals like Ety ER4, and Audio Technica CK10 are history.

Chi-Fi has come a long way and you get incredible sound especially for the price. I found myself amazed listening to C16 and ZS7, that I am listening to an 8 and 5 driver earphone that sounds amazing out of a $20 Zishan Z1, total cost <$100...and I have some higher end gear and am picky as hell about audio stuff lol. I’ve found my end game as far as higher end portable audio goes, but I enjoy buying, selling, trying out all the new Chi-Fi offerings and it won’t break the bank. I am trying really hard to not own 10 of these earphones as my girl already thinks I’m crazy about this hobby...

Yeah, I'm actually kinda shocked at how good the ZS10 PRO sounds, and even more shocked at the strides that have been made in Chifi recently. Compared to a few years ago, the build, tech and tuning has really improved. What really blows me away is that this can be had at fairly affordable prices. I've got a renewed interest in audio again because of this, after being turned off for many years because of high prices. This newer Chifi stuff let's people get into the hobby without having to spend hundreds or thousands on a set of iems that sound great.

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #44,858 of 63,987
. I wont do detail review, but I will write my impression later on with comparisons to few iems.
Please include the Kanas Pro, especially with regards to clarity. TIA!

Chi-Fi is relentless
Sure is, lol, but these days I get way more enjoyment out of most of my cheap chi-fi puppies than what I got out of my overpriced high-end rigs some 20 years ago. Besides, technical differences between sub-$50 and TOTL IEMs are getting smaller by the day and once our chinese friends learn to properly configure and tune what they already have at their disposal it's just a question of one or more happy accidents and we'll get TOTL sound and some good laughs on top of that for next to nothing ... can't wait.

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #44,859 of 63,987
Please include the Kanas Pro, especially with regards to clarity. TIA!

Will do. ZS10 is clear for sure, but in terms of clarity, i'm afraid they still need more years to chase Kanas Pro, but they have something that can match Kanas Pro like separation (or maybe a little bit better than Kanas Pro), and not much behind on soundstage width, smooth treble, etc.
I need to compare them in more details after I burn in my ZS10 pro (believe or not, its free, nothing to lose but some iem got advantage over burn in), Maybe BA parts wont be much affected, but DD (bass in ZS10 pro) will be tighter usually after break in.

will do comparison with CCA C10, ****, BQEYZ KB100, AS10, ZSN pro as well. Those are big names on budget chifi, wont include Tinaudio T2 since they're completely different signature.

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #44,860 of 63,987
Zune that's why you should buckle up and hide your wallet...there is always another to try....I must have 100 iems, 5,6 headphones, multiple DAPS DACS and a main system, etc.
Enjoy!
Ed

Too late, I'm hooked! :k701smile: I'm already eyeing up another DAP and some bluetooth IEMs but the two sets of KZ's and the R6 will do me for a few weeks :)

and thanks I will definitely be enjoying my listening more from now on

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #44,861 of 63,987
Enjoy!
Ed
True.

Started with an KZ ATE, and in 2 years added another 5 KZ models, a FIIO dap and amp.

And now even looking at the Fiio M11...god help us

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #44,862 of 63,987

I dabbled hi end audio 25 years ago and spend a couple of grand on a hi fi and a set of head phones but lost interest because i couldn't afford what i wanted. I knew nothing about Chifi three weeks ago and i'm now genuinely excited about the possibilities again and I'll carry on following this thread closely.

Oh and excuse the username. All my usual ones were taken and i couldn't think of anything but i was plugged in to my trusty old 1st gen Zune and tried it and it was free which is hardly a surprise (I suppose they are hated on here!).

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #44,864 of 63,987
@Zune
I was a right flat earther and into hi-fi big time and the money with it.
But messy separation left me without any music or facilities.

So, listened to the music I already had downloaded onto my creative vision. Which is probably older than than your Zune.

Discovered Head-fi and hooked on this hobby
Son recently dropped off the majority of my CDs which I ripped and now listen to on dap etc.
As an aside, also created a music server using Kodi and a portable hard drive.

So the madness begins.

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #44,865 of 63,987
True.

Started with an KZ ATE, and in 2 years added another 5 KZ models, a FIIO dap and amp.

And now even looking at the Fiio M11...god help us

That sounds soooo familiar, I think the ATE was also my first KZ .. and I was not impressed. Back then I did not know that it is NOT all about the bass, no matter how cute that song is.
I probably also had no idea just how deep I have to shove them in and that tip-rolling works wonders.

And yes, FIIO was my first DAP as well (first Amp was a Topping) ... actually, I am listening to this nice color coordinated set up tonight, KS ZS5v1 on balanced cable, Fiio X3 II & Fiio Q1II

Totally did not appreciate the ZS5 when I got it back in the day, I was completely caught up in the hype and the special pre-sale offer :)

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 9.28.17 PM.png

I am actually quite impressed that this Fiio DAP is still going strong after 4 years !!! Have not done any battery longivity tests recently. I had a screen-scare about 6 months in and was mentally ready to chalk it up as 'you get what you pay for' ... but somehow it revived itself ... and still a joy to have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back